BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

188 Pages V  « < 182 183 184 185 186 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Spice Girls • General Discussion, Spice Girls reunite at Victoria's 50th birthday party!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Spice Girls Net
post 19th March 2024, 10:24 AM
Post #3661
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 64,815

Ultimately for a tour to work we always need 4 at least
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 19th March 2024, 10:57 AM
Post #3662
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Maybe if they’d continued making music over the years like Take That, then a transition to a three piece could have worked. But I don’t think a 3 piece that is once again just for the nostalgia would work. As much as I firmly believe that the two Mels and Emma would still be extremely capable of putting on a fantastic show. It’s probably just a step too far for the acceptability of the public. We already got a taste with the incredulous reaction to the short lived GEM!

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 19th March 2024, 11:37 AM
Post #3663
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(-Jay- @ Mar 19 2024, 10:57 AM) *
Maybe if they’d continued making music over the years like Take That, then a transition to a three piece could have worked. But I don’t think a 3 piece that is once again just for the nostalgia would work. As much as I firmly believe that the two Mels and Emma would still be extremely capable of putting on a fantastic show. It’s probably just a step too far for the acceptability of the public. We already got a taste with the incredulous reaction to the short lived GEM!

Whilst I agree, the problem with GEM seemed to be how badly set up it was... a terrible iphone5 video upload on Youtube, with graphics seemingly made by Phoenix Chi during a school break, and a terrible Song for Her leaking didnt exactly scream 'we MUST invest in this'... it was bad.

But yes, I do think that a 3-piece wouldnt work, at all. They have to have at least 4 to work. Their live harmonies depend on it as the songs are built for a variety of different tones.

With the 2019 tour, Victoria might have not necessarily been missed when it came to the live performance aspect of it. But for the live harmonies, it was a very clear ommission, as Gerita just couldn't keep up.

+Quote this post
Rebel
post 19th March 2024, 01:44 PM
Post #3664
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 140,886

I think GEM flopped because it didnt have Mel C - aka. the Credible/ talented Spice that the general audience think of when they think who can sing the best out of the girls. ``1

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 19th March 2024, 03:09 PM
Post #3665
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Rebel @ Mar 19 2024, 01:44 PM) *
I think GEM flopped because it didnt have Mel C - aka. the Credible/ talented Spice that the general audience think of when they think who can sing the best out of the girls. ``1

That was also clearly a factor, yes. I think any Spice arrangement without Mel C or Emma would fall flat in the public's eyes, since they are known to be the best singers overall. But honestly, it was more about the presentation of GEM, which was so so so so so bad blink.gif it is mind bloggling that they thought to put this video out in the world in the first place:

Plus, we know of at least two tracks - Song for Her and I Still Got It - which just sounded awful too. This isnt even about Mel C, it was just the overall package that was really lacking overall.

But yes, the video above killed any prospective GEM success rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 19th March 2024, 03:11 PM
Post #3666
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

3 piece Spice Girls could only work as MEM and they would need new music and to obviously understand that they wouldn't be playing stadiums (arenas of the right size in the right countries).

It is very risky though and whilst I feel Emma and Mel B would take that risk I don't think Mel C would.

I actually think Song for her is a good song (that could easily be improved with some tweaks).

Sadly the two least talented members hold the band to ransome these days. I can see how talks/projects break down all the time though, like I'm sure Victoria would do Glasto she knows it is huge and a once in a life time thing but Geri would have zero control over a live performance where her lack of dance skills and weaker vocals are on show.
Victoria wont take the time out to do a whole tour even if she wanted to as it is minimum 3 months commitment even a short tour.
Mel C wont record new music unless all 5 are completely on board in writing, recording, concepts. I would have said never to this but I think Mel C would do it these days if they all pur their hearts in it.

So the only thing that they might all agree on now is the documentary but I feel that has been pushed back whilst Geri/Christian saga continues as I cant imagine him not being in it and they would want to make absolutely sure it doesn't end up looking awful he is included if things get worse for him.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 19th March 2024, 03:54 PM
Post #3667
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

It's obvious she quit after that big performance!! But now no one takes her seriously as Shakespeare, she'll come back in another 10 years!!

She keepsruining that band. They should have released overthe years like Take That or All Saints

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 19th March 2024, 03:57 PM
Post #3668
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

Where can we hear I Still Got It??

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 20th March 2024, 12:13 PM
Post #3669
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Anita Hanjaab @ Mar 19 2024, 03:57 PM) *
Where can we hear I Still Got It??

It has never leaked, we only know about it cos the credits for it was posted on a publishing site. I believe it was an Absolute track written around the same time as Song For Her.

Actually, thinking about that GEM period, do we know if they worked with Biff or anyone else at all back then? We only have confirmation of them working with Elliott Kennedy and Absolute, right? unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Rebel
post 20th March 2024, 02:28 PM
Post #3670
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Mar 19 2024, 04:11 PM) *
3 piece Spice Girls could only work as MEM and they would need new music and to obviously understand that they wouldn't be playing stadiums (arenas of the right size in the right countries).

It is very risky though and whilst I feel Emma and Mel B would take that risk I don't think Mel C would.

I actually think Song for her is a good song (that could easily be improved with some tweaks).

Sadly the two least talented members hold the band to ransome these days. I can see how talks/projects break down all the time though, like I'm sure Victoria would do Glasto she knows it is huge and a once in a life time thing but Geri would have zero control over a live performance where her lack of dance skills and weaker vocals are on show.
Victoria wont take the time out to do a whole tour even if she wanted to as it is minimum 3 months commitment even a short tour.
Mel C wont record new music unless all 5 are completely on board in writing, recording, concepts. I would have said never to this but I think Mel C would do it these days if they all pur their hearts in it.

So the only thing that they might all agree on now is the documentary but I feel that has been pushed back whilst Geri/Christian saga continues as I cant imagine him not being in it and they would want to make absolutely sure it doesn't end up looking awful he is included if things get worse for him.

The doc sitll hasn't been filmed??? My, my, just can the whole thing

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 20th March 2024, 09:04 PM
Post #3671
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Mar 19 2024, 03:11 PM) *

Yep, it is no secret that we're just waiting on Gerita to get over her kids' books era. It's wild to think she is really going for it, when we know it has mostly all been a bit of a flop. But I wouldnt say that mel C wouldnt do new music. She has mentioned she was up for it.

I bet that if Geri was committed to the band, we would have already gotten new music, since most of them are up for it in some shape or other, as both Mels and Emma have mentioned they were up for it.

Don't get me wrong, there is no world in which the Spice Girls would be a full time band again. Mel C is not ready to leave her mediocre solo career, neither is Geri whilling to leave her new landed gentry status. The others would jump at it, in a heart beat, and they KNOW it would be a success specially if they toured and made new advertisement deals. They just would be really successful again and it is WILD that some of them are not up for it....

Lets be honest, after the 2019 tour, they literally were up for it and then Geri killed it all again. It was mentioned by the others. Geri wanted the reunion so she could make money and then do her YouTube project, which bombed. Then Rosie also bombed. It's wild to me that she considers that a priority whereas she could do so much more as a Spice Girl.

Imagine... Most artists give up because they cant get any success or earn enough to pay rent. Spice Girls are happy to let incredibly opportunities and success die down because they simply cant be bothered to. It is really an incredible position to be in, I dont know of many pop groups that are in similar situations at all... Definitely not at their level of fame and influence.

We need Gerita to get off her high horse and get back in the Spice Girls head space. That's the stumbling block and I wish the fans would make more of a case for her to do it.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 20th March 2024, 10:53 PM
Post #3672
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

PREAAACH!!!!!

I always make the case!!! She can't write and she is a APUCW giel!! Drop the pretence about it ans being landed gentry. NO ONE is gobna remembwr her as an academic Shakespeare. Bur I feel she is gonna use her connwctions to foece hee way into Oxford next!!!

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 21st March 2024, 12:38 AM
Post #3673
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

They could have been at arou d half the overall global sales of the Beatles by now if they'd just cared for the band... They will be remembered for being spice girls, just like the beatles are remembered for being beatles... To advamcethr band is to advance their legacy

+Quote this post
Rebel
post 21st March 2024, 02:20 PM
Post #3674
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber

what can you do? I just wish the girls grew a pairs and decided to do Glastonbury without Geri. Maybe Victoria might change her mind and do the tour after it.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 21st March 2024, 02:37 PM
Post #3675
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

It's not like they need her. She helped wirh the pop souns doerhe fiest two albuma, and with the image but contributed nothing more than that. Nowwith her landed gentry spice persona, she doesn't even help with the image.vB is the onethey need foe the harmonies, even if most pwople don't realise that.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 21st March 2024, 03:23 PM
Post #3676
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Personally, I would rather see a 4 piece tour than a 3 piece. My preference would be to have Victoria as she is queen of harmonies and dancing in the group. Geri does bring the camp but Im not sure she is very missed on a live setting.

Geri and Victoria both bring public attention though, thats for sure, and neither of them seem up for it. My theory is that Geri wants success and fame without the bother to do live shows now, so she turns to writing. Which is WILD as she never been a celebrated writer even in her pop career. She always craved this 'I'm the songwriter of the Spice Girls' type of label into her solo career, but it fell flat after it turns out that her writing skills really needed the backing of her collaborators in the band too, as otherwise her lyrical output has been incredibly bad since, with huge amount of cringe lyrics that have literally sank songs and albums. Then, her first iteration into children's books might have been successful but it wasnt glowing with reviews either lol And the Rosie books have been met with kind of 'meh' reception, at best.

Victoria at least was successful in her venture into fashion, from the get go. Yes she had a lot of backing, which is great, but she was labelled a success straight away, and built from there. So good for her, I guess.

Geri might be passionate about writing, but it doesnt mean she is good at it, and she should know this. She is great as a band member in the Spice Girls. That's all, and that should be fine for anyone with a little bit of sense to themselves. Like, sure hun go for it, but please saves the sacharine 'I'm a writer first and foremost' when the evidence is that you are actually not that great at it either lol

This post has been edited by Mr.X: 21st March 2024, 03:24 PM

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 21st March 2024, 04:18 PM
Post #3677
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

I know that the majority of us would love the Spice Girls together again and that we can get frustrated that it rarely happens, because in our eyes there’s wasted potential… but I think we have to be careful not to veer into entitled territory when it comes to this discussion. Obviously we don’t have ownership over them and the harsh truth is that they don’t really owe us anything either.

Even if some of their individual career choices might seem baffling to some, it’s still their prerogative to do what they want to do. If a children’s book venture is fulfilling for Geri, that’s just as valid as Victoria’s fashion line, regardless of the levels of success they achieve.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 21st March 2024, 05:13 PM
Post #3678
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Mar 21 2024, 03:23 PM) *
Personally, I would rather see a 4 piece tour than a 3 piece. My preference would be to have Victoria as she is queen of harmonies and dancing in the group. Geri does bring the camp but Im not sure she is very missed on a live setting.

Geri and Victoria both bring public attention though, thats for sure, and neither of them seem up for it. My theory is that Geri wants success and fame without the bother to do live shows now, so she turns to writing. Which is WILD as she never been a celebrated writer even in her pop career. She always craved this 'I'm the songwriter of the Spice Girls' type of label into her solo career, but it fell flat after it turns out that her writing skills really needed the backing of her collaborators in the band too, as otherwise her lyrical output has been incredibly bad since, with huge amount of cringe lyrics that have literally sank songs and albums. Then, her first iteration into children's books might have been successful but it wasnt glowing with reviews either lol And the Rosie books have been met with kind of 'meh' reception, at best.

Victoria at least was successful in her venture into fashion, from the get go. Yes she had a lot of backing, which is great, but she was labelled a success straight away, and built from there. So good for her, I guess.

Geri might be passionate about writing, but it doesnt mean she is good at it, and she should know this. She is great as a band member in the Spice Girls. That's all, and that should be fine for anyone with a little bit of sense to themselves. Like, sure hun go for it, but please saves the sacharine 'I'm a writer first and foremost' when the evidence is that you are actually not that great at it either lol

She's not even passionate about it. She's awful at it, and she changes her :passion" based on the month! She's ridiculous.

+Quote this post
schizo_spice
post 21st March 2024, 05:24 PM
Post #3679
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,574

I’d hardly call Rosie Frost a flop.

It did well. Obviously not Harry Potter levels but then no other series likely ever will.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 21st March 2024, 05:42 PM
Post #3680
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

It didn't do well rotf.gif Resd the other threas. It ess a maaassive flop. Huge flop, and that wss with the bardcore Spice fsns indulging her "I'man Oxford-level academic Shakespeare now!" phase.

+Quote this post

188 Pages V  « < 182 183 184 185 186 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

2 user(s) reading this thread
+ 2 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 02:17 PM