BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 5 Seconds of Summer - She's Kinda Hot, 1st single
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jessie Where
post 17th July 2015, 05:02 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

It sort of reminds me of what Blink 182 covering The Offspring's 'Why Don't You Get A Job' would sound like.

It's not too bad, not no 'Don't Stop'.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Calum
post 17th July 2015, 09:42 PM
Post #22
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

I don't fully understand the 'Don't Stop' love in here, remains their weakest single IMO, despite being a good song though. kink.gif

1. Amnesia
2. Good Girls
3. She Looks So Perfect
-
4. She's Kinda Hot (will probably shoot past 'She Looks So Perfect' soon enough)
-
5. Don't Stop

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 17th July 2015, 10:09 PM
Post #23
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

I like this, it's gonna require being more of a grower than all of the uptempos they've done before because of the reason Calum gave, it takes a while to get going, so as a WHOLE, the song isn't fantastic. However, the last part of the song is... it's gonna take some getting used to but it's very addictive and I already can't stop going back to it.

Reminds me a lot of a slightly tamer 'Teenagers' by My Chemical Romance.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 18th July 2015, 11:28 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

In the agreement that Don't Stop is easily their best. She Looks So Perfect is also great despite hating it at first laugh.gif

A bit undecided on this atm, can see that Teenagers comparison though. Could be another grower...

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 18th July 2015, 11:36 AM
Post #25
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

I didn't mind SLSP and Don't Stop but this is quite boring for me. Definitely doesn't sound like a number one so hope it stays clear of the top 5.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 18th July 2015, 12:31 PM
Post #26
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

I'll also echo the Don't Stop love, it's my favourite of theirs too.

The new single is good! It reminded me of commercial pop punk(?) songs from the late 90s/early 00s.

+Quote this post
Marty
post 18th July 2015, 03:03 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,128

She Looks So Perfect is by far their best track. The rest are pretty awful, dont get the Dont Stop love, I really cant abide it.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 19th July 2015, 05:50 PM
Post #28
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

This is quite amazing guys, I don't normally say this about their kind of act but I'm kind of in love with this. Even more than I was with She Looks So Perfect. Definitely maturing into a nice band, that guitar is really good - not too close to Teenagers but close enough that I can see the comparison.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 19th July 2015, 06:32 PM
Post #29
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Robot @ Jul 17 2015, 11:09 PM) *
I like this, it's gonna require being more of a grower than all of the uptempos they've done before because of the reason Calum gave, it takes a while to get going, so as a WHOLE, the song isn't fantastic. However, the last part of the song is... it's gonna take some getting used to but it's very addictive and I already can't stop going back to it.

Reminds me a lot of a slightly tamer 'Teenagers' by My Chemical Romance.

YES

I was just about to post that it is so similar to Teenagers. The whole track is very My Chemical Romance 2005/2006.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 19th July 2015, 07:28 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I had no expectations for this really, the only single of theirs I really loved was She Looks So Perfect (Amnesia and Don't Stop were ok but I didn't care for Good Girls at all), but this is SO good. So catchy and although I felt disappointed with the first half or so at first I agree in the long run it's good because the way it builds make it an explosive song when it does come alive. I'm so impressed with this <3

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 19th July 2015, 11:36 PM
Post #31
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Just got around to finally listening to this... it's amazing. Agreed completely with the MCR circa 2005-2006 era (not a bad thing in my book!)

+Quote this post
John David Jr.
post 22nd July 2015, 06:53 PM
Post #32
Group icon
New Entry
User: 22,099

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jul 19 2015, 11:36 PM) *
Just got around to finally listening to this... it's amazing. Agreed completely with the MCR circa 2005-2006 era (not a bad thing in my book!)

exactly, I completely agree with you

+Quote this post
kye
post 22nd July 2015, 11:53 PM
Post #33
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169

The only problem with this being a throwback to the MCR sound of '05/'06 is that it wasn't exactly hugely popular the first time around.
And considering it's only top 10 on iTunes in Bahrain & the Philippines, it's not that popular this time either.

I just don't think it's the kind of progression the fans wanted for them, let alone the casual listener.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 22nd July 2015, 11:59 PM
Post #34
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

Well it's an OA/OS release, it's fallen considerably everywhere since the release because the fans have bought it already tongue.gif It will pick up in many places again when airplay kicks in and the video's released. It's ridiculously early to say it's not popular this time, or it's not what the fans want or whatever.

+Quote this post
kye
post 23rd July 2015, 12:19 AM
Post #35
Group icon
• aesthetic party •

Most releases are OA/OS these days without initial airplay or a video & they have stuck around much longer.
It's not ridiculously early.. past the fans who is going to buy it? I may be wrong but I can't see this being a big hit anywhere.

This post has been edited by Scherz: 23rd July 2015, 12:20 AM

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 23rd July 2015, 12:38 AM
Post #36
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

MCR were big at the time, and their sound especially from those years are the sorts of songs that get more well regarded with age (I'm sure there was hate at the time given its association with the emo phase, but now that's gone things like Teenagers and Black Parade in general are looked back on fondly) so saying it's not popular seems very disingenuous. Perhaps what I wouldn't say is that I'd expect it to be popular with their current fanbase but if we assume they'd buy anything from them then that's a good calculated route.

No one is doing this type of music very successfully now, and it could well get picked up wider than just pop stations once airplay kicks in. It may go completely the other way, but this does seem like a natural progression into becoming a more mature band and I'm pleased they've done it, no matter what success they get. Not every artist should be Avril Lavigne.

+Quote this post
kye
post 23rd July 2015, 12:46 AM
Post #37
Group icon
• aesthetic party •

QUOTE(Iz~ @ Jul 23 2015, 01:38 AM) *
MCR were big at the time, and their sound especially from those years are the sorts of songs that get more well regarded with age (I'm sure there was hate at the time given its association with the emo phase, but now that's gone things like Teenagers and Black Parade in general are looked back on fondly) so saying it's not popular seems very disingenuous. Perhaps what I wouldn't say is that I'd expect it to be popular with their current fanbase but if we assume they'd buy anything from them then that's a good calculated route.

No one is doing this type of music very successfully now, and it could well get picked up wider than just pop stations once airplay kicks in. It may go completely the other way, but this does seem like a natural progression into becoming a more mature band and I'm pleased they've done it, no matter what success they get. Not every artist should be Avril Lavigne.

Don't get me wrong, I loved MCR. And I didn't say they weren't popular, of course they were.. they had 'Welcome To The Black Parade', but look at the numbers and you'll see they weren't huge.
I understand why they're starting to transition to this 'maturer' sound because they were probably very influenced as youngsters by MCR/Blink etc..
And I know you're not supposed to chase trends but it seems strange to emulate a sound that didn't do much initially. It's why MCR faded out in the first place.
As a rock/pop band who earned their success chasing the 16-24 demo (maybe even younger), you'd think it would be a little more commercial is all I'm saying.

This post has been edited by Scherz: 23rd July 2015, 12:53 AM

+Quote this post
Calum
post 23rd July 2015, 02:37 PM
Post #38
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316

What's the point in chasing hit after hit with pop-rock if it's just not the direction they want to go in as a band though? Despite the more pop-oriented songs, when they perform live you can tell they're slightly more to the rock side. I don't think they'll be losing any fans by putting 'She's Kinda Hot' out there.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 3rd August 2015, 06:30 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

The music vid is out in an hour and a half according to Ashton's instagram *.* LOVE their music vids so looking forward to this one!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 3rd August 2015, 08:03 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >