BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Josh's Top 60 Nicki Minaj Songs, FINISHED! Full list in OP and on page 7 :D
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 25th September 2017, 08:04 PM
Post #81
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Sep 24 2017, 11:08 AM) *
Get On Your Knees is one of the highlights from PinkPrint heart.gif

I also like her features in Throw Some Mo' and All Eyes On You both overlooked chart wise sad.gif

Definitely one of the big highlights from the album, it has a really catchy hook especially music.gif

Agree with you on those two as well, at least they were decently sized US hits but wish they were more well known over here sad.gif

Thanks for commenting, Harry!! wub.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 25th September 2017, 08:12 PM
Post #82
Group icon
c:

22. Your Love
Nicki Minaj
2010 - Pink Friday

Favourite lyrics:
"When I was a Geisha he was a Samurai
Somehow I understood him when he spoke Thai
Never spoke lies and he never broke fly
"S" on my chest let me get my cape on"

This is one of the very first Nicki Minaj songs that I ever heard and pretty much started my stanning for her. A friend introduced it to me and I remember making her Bluetooth it to my phone the same night laugh.gif Nicki didn't even want to release it to begin with but it was leaked online and she tweaked it a bit and released it as the lead single from Pink Friday thankfully. It's not a track I go back to as often as those still to come but it holds a special place in my heart for being one of the first Nicki songs that I fell in love with heart.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 25th September 2017, 08:15 PM
Post #83
Group icon
c:

21. Check It Out
will.i.am feat. Nicki Minaj
2010 - Pink Friday

Favourite lyrics:
"Competition? Why yes, I would love some"

Another song from Pink Friday to drop out and another one that I probably don't go back to as much as I should but I absolutely loved it back in the day. It was one of the first Nicki Minaj verses I learned off by heart and still remains one of her best guest rap verses in my opinion. The chorus is properly catchy and will.i.am does a great job too (this is easily his best single outside of the Black Eyed Peas in my opinion) but unfortunately, I don't have room for this in my top 20 sad.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 25th September 2017, 08:19 PM
Post #84
Group icon
c:

20. I'm the Best
Nicki Minaj
2010 - Pink Friday

Favourite lyrics:
"Long as you motherf***ing know, I am the best best best best."

Yet ANOTHER song from Pink Friday to drop out but this has done really well here as it is one of the highest album tracks to appear in the countdown. This has always been a BIG highlight on Pink Friday for me and it works SO well as an album opener. The lyrics are fierce and only showcase how Nicki was here to stay and earn her place amongst rap legends in the future. This is one of her most anthemic tracks in her discography and I absolutely love it wub.gif

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 25th September 2017, 08:23 PM
Post #85
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

'Your Love' is absolutely stunning and the first song that made me take notice of her wub.gif Not something I come back to much but undoubtedly a strong track.

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 25th September 2017, 08:28 PM
Post #86
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308

I am disappointed that Turn Me On (David Guetta ft Nicki Minaj) almost certainly hasn't made your top 60. I liked that one at the time, it was my favourite of the various 2011 released David Guetta songs (along with Titanium).

This post has been edited by Northside Hisser: 25th September 2017, 08:32 PM

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 25th September 2017, 09:44 PM
Post #87
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

I love both "Your Love" and "Check it Out" but they're really not songs that she should have launched her career/Pink Friday off of. Especially odd that they both heavily sample 80s/90s songs.

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 25th September 2017, 10:06 PM
Post #88
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Your Love is easily my favourite Nicki Minaj song it is so soft yet so rememberable at the same time heart.gif

Also love Check it Out so catchy music.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 26th September 2017, 03:53 PM
Post #89
Group icon
c:

QUOTE(Andrew. @ Sep 25 2017, 09:23 PM) *
'Your Love' is absolutely stunning and the first song that made me take notice of her wub.gif Not something I come back to much but undoubtedly a strong track.
Same here, it is definitely one of the first memories I have of taking notice of her and falling on love with her sound wub.gif

Thanks for commenting Andrew heart.gif

QUOTE(Northside Hisser @ Sep 25 2017, 09:28 PM) *
I am disappointed that Turn Me On (David Guetta ft Nicki Minaj) almost certainly hasn't made your top 60. I liked that one at the time, it was my favourite of the various 2011 released David Guetta songs (along with Titanium).

It definitely has made the countdown and is destined to finish pretty high up! It's my favourite Nicki & David collaboration of them all wub.gif

Thanks for commenting!!

QUOTE(THEO. @ Sep 25 2017, 10:44 PM) *
I love both "Your Love" and "Check it Out" but they're really not songs that she should have launched her career/Pink Friday off of. Especially odd that they both heavily sample 80s/90s songs.

Yeah, Your Love is lovely but not one of her strongest tracks and Check It Out is a bit too will.i.am heavy to really feel like her track. There were definitely better choices but they're both fab tracks and I'm glad they saved Super Bass until she was a bit more well known heehee.gif

Thanks for commenting Theo!! wub.gif
QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Sep 25 2017, 11:06 PM) *
Your Love is easily my favourite Nicki Minaj song it is so soft yet so rememberable at the same time heart.gif

Also love Check it Out so catchy music.gif

Wow, don't think I've ever seen anyone rank it as their absolute #1 but it is a lovely track so it's a shame that it feels quite underrated sad.gif

Thanks for commenting, Harry!! <3

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 26th September 2017, 04:00 PM
Post #90
Group icon
c:

19. The Crying Game
Nicki Minaj feat. Jessie Ware
2014 - The Pinkprint

Favourite lyrics:
"We're back to playing
The crying game"

I believe this is the highest album track to make the countdown and it really is gorgeous. Jessie Ware is another one of my favourite artists so a collaboration between her and Nicki promised to be amazing but it didn't disappoint at all. I recall this is winning The Pinkprint rate that me and Bal ran back in 2014 and it's not hard to see why. Jessie's chorus is absolutely gorgeous and Nicki's verses add to the song immensely too. I'm not sure how it would've performed but I would've loved for this to have been a single so that more people were able to hear it, it's certainly more deserving of single status than stuff like Trini Dem Girls and Bed of Lies in my opinion laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 26th September 2017, 04:04 PM
Post #91
Group icon
c:

18. Make Me Proud
Drake feat. Nicki Minaj
2011 - Take Care

Favourite lyrics:
"Mansions in Malibu babblin
But I never mention everything I dabble in
And I always ride slow when I'm straddlin'
And my shit's so wet you gotta paddle in"

This is my favourite Drake track ever but the competition here is so tough so I can't put it any higher than this unfortunately. This is another one of those rare occasions where I like the other artist's part just as much as Nicki's but both artists deliver great verses here and the chorus is very smooth too. It was a smash hit in the US but didn't really do great here in the UK which is such a shame sad.gif I bet it would be huge nowadays with how global Drake is at the moment!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 26th September 2017, 04:08 PM
Post #92
Group icon
c:

17. Bottoms Up
Trey Songz feat. Nicki Minaj
2010 - Passion, Pain & Pleasure

Favourite lyrics:
"Can I get that 'tron, Can I get that Remmy
Can I get that Coke, Can I get that Henny
Can I get that Margarita on the rock rock rock
Can I get salt all around that rim rim rim rim"

Earlier in the countdown, I talked about Nicki has her fair share of party BANGERS and this is probably her biggest and best one to date. It's quite old now but it's yet to be topped in terms of songs that go OFF at parties in my opinion. This is probably in my top three Nicki verses of all time and Trey does a brilliant job with the rest of the track. This is another case of the song doing great in the US but not so good over here which is yet another chart injustice for Nicki sad.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 27th September 2017, 06:37 PM
Post #93
Group icon
c:

16. Right Thru Me
Nicki Minaj
2010 - Pink Friday

Favourite lyrics:
"you make me laugh, you make me hoarse from yelling at you,
and getting at you, picking up dishes, throwing em at you,
why are you speaking when no one asked you."

This isn't even a track that I loved all that much when Pink Friday was first released but it grew on me so much in later years and now it's one of the tracks that I go to much from that album. I can't even pinpoint one reason why I love this so much and have ranked it this high but it's just a lovely track, the raps are really special and the chorus works so well too. It's one of those all-rounders that I love when I put it on but I can see why most people probably wouldn't have it this high in one of their countdowns.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 27th September 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #94
Group icon
c:

15. Pound the Alarm
Nicki Minaj
2012 - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded

Favourite lyrics:
"Bottle, sip, bottle, guzzle
I'm a bad bitch, no muzzle, let's go."

I absolutely ADORED Pound the Alarm when it was first released and still enjoy it a lot but I don't go back to it all that often because it does sound a bit dated now. It's a catchy fun dance-pop track and sounds good when I'm in the mood but the breakdown part just doesn't sound fresh at all so that does ruin it a little for me. Saying that, it's one of my most played Nicki tracks and one I do love listening to at parties or when I'm in a dancey mood so it does certainly earn it's placing this high up in my countdown.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 27th September 2017, 06:44 PM
Post #95
Group icon
c:

14. Va Va Voom
Nicki Minaj
2012 - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded

Favourite lyrics:
"'Cause he look like he modeling clothes in Dublin
So I think that he gettin' that Green like Goblin
Hear through the grape vine that he hang low
We could shoot a movie, kabang, like Rambo
Boom, boom pow, this thing so bingo
Wondering if he could understand my lingo"

Another one of Nicki's more poppier tracks and therefore one of her biggest hits in the UK who never really appreciated her hip-hop/urban tracks as much. It definitely sounds less dated that tracks like Pound the Alarm and Starships in my opinion but I didn't really love it as much at the time so I can't put it higher than the latter in my countdown really. I'm still shocked this wasn't a bigger hit though really as it's very catchy and one of her most generally accessible tracks in my opinion ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 27th September 2017, 09:36 PM
Post #96
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

LOVE "Right Thru Me"! It and "Moment 4 Life" are the best slow R&B songs on Pink Friday wub.gif

I was never that keen on "Va Va Voom" sad.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 28th September 2017, 02:21 AM
Post #97
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

So many MOMENTS in this section Josh,

Crying Game , Bottoms Up, Pound The Alarm, Right Thru Me and Va Va Voom all great wub.gif Especially RTM (even if not a fan of the video idk) PTA and VVV music.gif

Make Me Proud not heard in ages so no comment.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 30th September 2017, 02:51 PM
Post #98
Group icon
c:

QUOTE(THEO. @ Sep 27 2017, 10:36 PM) *
LOVE "Right Thru Me"! It and "Moment 4 Life" are the best slow R&B songs on Pink Friday wub.gif

I was never that keen on "Va Va Voom" sad.gif
I agree with you on that for sure but the whole album is pretty perfect imo anyway heehee.gif wub.gif

Thanks for commenting, Theo!!

QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Sep 28 2017, 03:21 AM) *
So many MOMENTS in this section Josh,

Crying Game , Bottoms Up, Pound The Alarm, Right Thru Me and Va Va Voom all great wub.gif Especially RTM (even if not a fan of the video idk) PTA and VVV music.gif

Make Me Proud not heard in ages so no comment.

Yay, glad you approve of my choices heehee.gif

You should definitely go back to MMP more often though, I still love listening to it frequently wub.gif

Thanks for commenting, Harry!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 30th September 2017, 02:55 PM
Post #99
Group icon
c:

13. Moment 4 Life
Nicki Minaj feat. Drake
2010 - Pink Friday

Favourite lyrics:
"Put your drinks up
It's a celebration every time we link up
We done did everything they could think of
Greatness is what we on the brink of"

This is another track that's very high up now but would have been a lot lower in the past. Back when it was released, I never really appreciated it and was much more keen on her upbeat tracks on Pink Friday whereas this is obviously a lot slower. Nowadays, it's one of the tracks I revisit the most of all her songs. I think it's still one of her most fondly remembered and loved tracks by the general public too which is very deserved in my opinion wub.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 30th September 2017, 02:59 PM
Post #100
Group icon
c:

12. BedRock
Young Money
2009 - We Are Young Money

Favourite lyrics:
"Okay, I get it, let me think, I guess it's my turn
Maybe it's time to put this pussy on your side burns"

A modern CLASSIC wub.gif I've loved this ever since I heard it years ago and was so glad when it turned into a smash hit. It's one of those tracks where everyone just aces their part, I know every word to the whole song and love every single verse. Everyone just delivered their A game on this (including Nicki, one of her best verses for me!) making it an utter anthem wub.gif

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 03:50 PM