BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Voice Kids - Melanie C new judge
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
spiceboy
post 7th February 2021, 05:16 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

So Melanie has just announced on Facebook that she is one of the new judges on The Voice Kids. Good exposure for her I guess. I hope it means she gets to perform on it at least otherwise it’s a bit meh for me I don’t like the show 🤣.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 7th February 2021, 05:28 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

Yawn, nice paycheck I guess but this is so 10 years ago. I forgot Pixie Lott exists until I read she was a judge.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 7th February 2021, 05:28 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

It is not a show I watch but I welcome the exposure it will bring to Mel.

+Quote this post
schizo_spice
post 7th February 2021, 07:55 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,574

Nice I've always been curious to see Mel do the music judging thing.

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 7th February 2021, 09:17 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

Wow! Fantastic news! w00t.gif

Can't wait to watch her on the show.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 8th February 2021, 12:31 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(schizo_spice @ Feb 7 2021, 07:55 PM) *
Nice I've always been curious to see Mel do the music judging thing.

I thought she was decent on Superstar. Not sure what she was like on Asia's Got Talent?

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 8th February 2021, 06:31 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

I don't like these kind of shows at all, but good paycheck for her so yay!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 8th February 2021, 07:06 AM
Post #8
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Nice news! I've never watched The Voice Kids, and I'm not sure if Melanie C being involved is enough to make me give it a go, but I'll think about it.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 8th February 2021, 07:56 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Jay❄ @ Feb 8 2021, 07:06 AM) *
Nice news! I've never watched The Voice Kids, and I'm not sure if Melanie C being involved is enough to make me give it a go, but I'll think about it.

laugh.gif I’ve never liked the main show 🙈

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 8th February 2021, 09:55 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I mean talent shows are past their sell by date but kids ones must be the worst. It's not like Melanie is going to be truly honest to kids.

I read it will be airing over xmas this year not mid summer as usual so I guess that might have swayed her if she can plug her tour (might be the reason it's jan/feb). I mean if if she can't plug the tour on the actual show she will be doing press and interviews for it beforehand.

This post has been edited by sammy01: 8th February 2021, 09:56 AM

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 8th February 2021, 10:52 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

^ With kids you have to have constructive criticism rather than be "brutally honest".

The upcoming tour has nothing to do with the show. It's not like kids are allowed into the venues she will be playing at. Am I wrong?

She is replacing Paloma Faith. That's a very respectable gig for Melanie. I'm sure she will get to perform on the show.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 8th February 2021, 11:15 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

Will be interesting to see how the kids know Melanie and we will get performances with the kids and other judges.

A show watched by millions can only boost her profile and just like on royal variety she can hopefully show how she can really sing!

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 8th February 2021, 11:37 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Feb 8 2021, 09:55 AM) *
I mean talent shows are past their sell by date but kids ones must be the worst. It's not like Melanie is going to be truly honest to kids.

I read it will be airing over xmas this year not mid summer as usual so I guess that might have swayed her if she can plug her tour (might be the reason it's jan/feb). I mean if if she can't plug the tour on the actual show she will be doing press and interviews for it beforehand.

Over Christmas?! Well, that definitely means not much from the group is being prepared around the end of the year then.... here we go again rolleyes.gif

lower your expectations accordingly Spice Fans, we've been on this rodeo for the past two decades...

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 8th February 2021, 12:15 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Voodoo @ Feb 8 2021, 10:52 AM) *
^ With kids you have to have constructive criticism rather than be "brutally honest".

The upcoming tour has nothing to do with the show. It's not like kids are allowed into the venues she will be playing at. Am I wrong?

She is replacing Paloma Faith. That's a very respectable gig for Melanie. I'm sure she will get to perform on the show.

It is airing Nov/Dec her tour is Jan/Feb. My point was one or the other might have influenced the other. Either Melanie thought perfect the press when it airs might help sell tickets to the tour or booked the voice and knows it's airing end of the year so having her tour directly after seemed logical to take advantage.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 8th February 2021, 12:17 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Feb 8 2021, 11:37 AM) *
Over Christmas?! Well, that definitely means not much from the group is being prepared around the end of the year then.... here we go again rolleyes.gif

lower your expectations accordingly Spice Fans, we've been on this rodeo for the past two decades...

It's all pre-recorded before hand bar a live final. Usually filmed in march/April but that is for a summer airing series.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 8th February 2021, 12:41 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Feb 8 2021, 12:17 PM) *
It's all pre-recorded before hand bar a live final. Usually filmed in march/April but that is for a summer airing series.

ok thanks, will give it the benefit of the doubt for now

I just bloody hope that they get their shit together and actually focus on the group this time. Each reunion feels so 'we will just do this bit here and nothing else but you will get some solo stuff around it' when all we want is GROUP stuff for bloody once dry.gif

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 8th February 2021, 01:51 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Chris confirmed it's filming Feb/March. I think this is just opportunistic for Melanie. She has been left with a big hole in her calendar with the tour being cancelled (and obviously the rehearsal time before too) and this slots in nicely and coincides nicely with her tour being the month after it airs.

I still hate projects like this by any of the girls, they really don't do anything for their careers bar earn them money.

The voice kids
Nappies
Rainbow woman
The Masked singer

I don't follow ABBA closely but I don't see their band members doing low brow stuff like that. I feel like it almost cheapens the brand and band too.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 8th February 2021, 02:01 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

She could have spent that time working on NEW MUSIC with THE GROUP SHE IS PART OF dry.gif

I'm so bored of their side projects, honestly. I haven't even watched a single TV show that Emma has done bar some twitter clips, nor do I want to or have any interest whatsoever...

This new gig will bring her some cash maybe to cover for the losses of releasing her album without touring but doesnt she have the Spice money to do that with?! Urgh... come ON Melanie for god's sake...

This post has been edited by Mr.X: 8th February 2021, 02:02 PM

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 8th February 2021, 02:29 PM
Post #19
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Feb 8 2021, 01:51 PM) *
Chris confirmed it's filming Feb/March. I think this is just opportunistic for Melanie. She has been left with a big hole in her calendar with the tour being cancelled (and obviously the rehearsal time before too) and this slots in nicely and coincides nicely with her tour being the month after it airs.

I still hate projects like this by any of the girls, they really don't do anything for their careers bar earn them money.

The voice kids
Nappies
Rainbow woman
The Masked singer

I don't follow ABBA closely but I don't see their band members doing low brow stuff like that. I feel like it almost cheapens the brand and band too.

The Voice Kids is still a popular ITV show and will at least help show her personality to a new audience.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 8th February 2021, 03:17 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

QUOTE(sammy01 @ Feb 8 2021, 01:51 PM) *

The voice kids
Nappies
Rainbow woman
The Masked singer

Maybe not Abba but the list of A List superstar judges is endless

+Quote this post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 03:20 AM