BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Robbie Williams - ARTWORK, Robbie Williams - ARTWORK
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Sydney11
post 15th February 2024, 01:02 PM
Post #161
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,135

QUOTE(elisabeth1974 @ Feb 15 2024, 12:48 PM) *
Huge coverage here in the Netherlands. I admire him for this project

Moco looks like an amazing space Elisabeth, have you been to any exhibitions there !!

https://mocomuseum.com/exhibitions/amsterdam
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Kathryn24601
post 15th February 2024, 01:12 PM
Post #162
Group icon
New Entry
User: 172,442

Nothing in the U.K. press so far - which is probably a good thing, as they’d only complain about it!

+Quote this post
elisabeth1974
post 15th February 2024, 04:15 PM
Post #163
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 25,575

Unfortunately not as I live quite far away from Amsterdam, if you call anything in the Netherlands 'far'. The last exhibition i have seen was Alexander the Great in Amsterdam. But I think this one I will give a go and enjoy a weekend in that beautiful city.

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 15th February 2024, 11:58 PM
Post #164
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,265

Exciting news for him - I hope it does well. cool.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 16th February 2024, 01:40 PM
Post #165
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(elisabeth1974 @ Feb 15 2024, 04:15 PM) *
Unfortunately not as I live quite far away from Amsterdam, if you call anything in the Netherlands 'far'. The last exhibition i have seen was Alexander the Great in Amsterdam. But I think this one I will give a go and enjoy a weekend in that beautiful city.

That would be so lovely Elisabeth, I am sure you would enjoy it .. It's one I would love to see but unfortunately my sky miles are all booked up for this year . Being a Mr Williams fan can be quite expensive laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 16th February 2024, 01:45 PM
Post #166
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Kathryn24601 @ Feb 15 2024, 01:12 PM) *
Nothing in the U.K. press so far - which is probably a good thing, as they’d only complain about it!

They must be asleep on the job or picking at Robbie is no longer on their agenda... hope I did not speak too soon

It was nice to see Robbie take baby steps with his art projects with Ed Godrich & the very good reviews they received all around , now it looks like he is ready to fly on his own & given the theme & what I have seen so far I think it will appeal to a lot of people in one way or another & I would be surprised if it did not get decent reviews. I love the way Robbie tells his story via his art , it always makes me smile smile.gif , he is such a good communicator ..

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 16th February 2024, 05:14 PM
Post #167
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams opens First Own Art Exhibition in MOCO Amsterdam

Robbie Williams is the celebrated singer-songwriter and former member of the iconic English pop group Take That with a distinguished solo career. With a charismatic stage presence and evocative lyrics, he has brought the world together with chart-topping hits.

Williams has consistently reinvented himself, solidifying his status as one of the UK's most enduring and versatile pop icons. Today, he continues to make headway on a journey that began during his first stint in rehab in the '90s, transforming inner demons into self-loving angels.

A star is re-born: Robbie Williams’ collection of artworks on mental health have arrived right on time. Through candid, caricature forms, the artist sends a wave of relief through our collective consciousness. It can be hard not to internalise the conditions of our sometimes hostile world, putting inner peace and freedom of mind seemingly out of reach. Robbie’s art holds an antidote.

Robbie Williams, I Was Mentally Ill Before It Was Cool

His down to earth, vulnerable yet bold visual language illustrates his personal struggle with external pressure, shame, fear, and other inner demons. Through time, resilience and a creative renaissance, he can now proudly say: “the things that destroyed me also made me successful”.

Following the example of the artist, we may look inward and embrace both dark and light, and learn to express ourselves with the freedom of full (sometimes comical) transparency.

When it comes to a metamorphosis, Robbie Williams is no stranger to embracing evolution with a bit of wit and an exposed heart.

Born on February 13, 1974, in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England, Robert Peter Williams catapulted to fame as a member of the iconic boy band Take That in the early 1990s - Iconic hits include "Back for Good" and "Never Forget." However, Robbie's itch for creative independence and personal struggles led to his departure in 1995, marking the start of his solo career. In 1997, Robbie Williams released the international hit single “Angels,” propelling him to superstardom.

Experiencing ups and downs in his career, Robbie Williams felt the pressures in his professional and private life, and this stormy journey pushed him in and out of rehab. During his last stint in rehab in the 90s, the artist began a self-reflective journey - embracing the light and the dark - to transform inner demons into self-loving angels. Now, after years of creating art daily, Robbie Williams draws, paints and opens his visual diary that documents his mental health journey through creative expression. Using humour and an honest vulnerability, Williams illustrates the humanistic truths that can touch us, make us laugh and spark pride within ourselves.

Now, Robbie Williams demonstrates his dedication and ability to connect with audiences in a new art form for the public, in the exhibition Pride and Self-Prejudice. Moco Museum Amsterdam is proud to debut the art of Robbie Williams in his first solo exhibition, featuring standout pieces such as “I Deserve Every Drop of Love” and “Your Mental Illness”.

The exhibition runs from Mar 08, 2024 - Jul 08, 2024

Main Image :Copyright Julian Broad/Netflix

https://www.artdependence.com/articles/robb...moco-amsterdam/

This post has been edited by Sydney11: 16th February 2024, 05:19 PM

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 28th February 2024, 01:43 PM
Post #168
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams art show to star in new Marble Arch museum

I am so excited about this bounce.gif

Robbie Williams, I Was Mentally Ill Before It Was Cool

Artwork by Robbie Williams inspired by his experience of mental illness will among the first exhibitions put on in central London’s Moco Museum.

The gallery which is set up to open this Summer in Marble Arch is the third museum in the chain with other sites in Barcelona and Amsterdam with the Dutch building hosting Robbie Williams: Pride and Self-Prejudice from March 8 to July 8 this year.

The exhibition is described as an “antidote” to “our sometimes hostile world” and is characterised by the singer’s “down to earth, vulnerable yet bold visual language” that “illustrates his personal struggle with external pressure,shame, fear, and other inner demons.”

The museum, which will take over a sprawling 1920s building opposite Marble Arch at 1 Marble Arch and 1 Great Cumberland Place, will showcase work by some of the biggest names in contemporary and modern art with artists including Banksy, Tracey Emin and Andy Warhol featuring in its permanent collection alongside Picasso, Damien Hirst and Jean-Michael Basquiat.

Moco’s founders Kim and Lionel Logchies said: “We couldn’t turn down the opportunity to open our third museum in London’s Marble Arch and stand opposite one of the city’s most historic landmarks.

“Marble Arch feels like a gateway to some of the city’s most exciting happenings, with the buzz of Oxford Street in one direction and London’s most iconic museums just a short walk away.

“Being at the intersection of this felt natural to us at Moco, where we are committed to showcasing all aspects of contemporary culture and artists that cross over into fashion, music, design and beyond.”

The museum will span three floors across 25,000 sq ft and also include a shop and a café.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/...eum/ar-BB1j23XV

This post has been edited by Sydney11: 28th February 2024, 01:53 PM

+Quote this post
elisabeth1974
post 28th February 2024, 05:24 PM
Post #169
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 25,575

wow, this sounds exciting, real honour

+Quote this post
Laura130262
post 28th February 2024, 11:51 PM
Post #170
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,265

The dates are good Tess dance.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 29th February 2024, 12:15 PM
Post #171
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Laura130262 @ Feb 28 2024, 11:51 PM) *
The dates are good Tess dance.gif

smoke.gif

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 29th February 2024, 05:27 PM
Post #172
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 7th March 2024, 07:35 PM
Post #173
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Queues of fans in front of Robbie Williams exhibition in Amsterdam

Robbie Williams opened his own exhibition at the Moco Museum in Amsterdam on Thursday. The exhibition is called Pride and Self-Prejudice and consists of art that the singer has created himself over the years. The Brit hopes to bring "a smile to the face" of visitors with the exhibition. The exhibition in the museum of modern art and digital art is open to the public from 8 March to 8 July.

"I hope that, in some way, this can put a smile on someone's face for three seconds," Williams says in a video released by the museum. "When I see brutal or dark images and art, I automatically assume that the artist is related to me, that I am part of his tribe. I am an extrovert in my work, but in my private life I am an introvert. I hope that other introverts can relate to my work and that it can bring a smile to their faces."

The singer calls putting together the exhibition more fun than the work with which he became known. "This is better than music, this is so much fun," says the 50-year-old Williams. "Probably because I'm old enough now to appreciate what's happening to me. Music happened when I was sixteen, when I wasn't old enough to appreciate that wonderful gift. I now have an overwhelming sense of gratitude and pride."

https://www.telegraaf.nl/entertainment/5591...ms-in-amsterdam

This post has been edited by Sydney11: 7th March 2024, 07:35 PM

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 8th March 2024, 11:51 AM
Post #174
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams’s “inner demons” on show in Amsterdam gallery

Rock superstar Robbie Williams has opened the first ever solo exhibition of his art at the Moco private art gallery in Amsterdam, entitled Pride and Self-Prejudice.

The theme of the show is Williams’ “inner demons” which, he told reporters, he can “drive to the periphery” through making art. “I hope this exhibition will show the healing power of art and will touch, inspire and connect.”

Williams said he had been making art since 2006 but had been too scared to show anyone. “Nearly 20 years later, here is my first solo show.”

“It has been my life’s work to overcome whatever has been happening between my ears,” he said. “It’s important to put a bit of humour with something that is deeply disturbing. Without humour, maybe I would not even be here.”

Williams said he is “unbelievable proud” of the show. “The 17-year-old in me can’t believe this is happening,” he said. “And the 50-year-old is just pleasantly confused.”

Photo Ditch News

Williams’ pop art approach, with texts such as ’I was mentally ill before it was cool’ and ’There a light inside you – burn it out’, was praised by Dutch celebs at the opening, many of whom were fans from the Take That days.

“I like the way that Robbie, like me, is getting older,” said Stylist Maik de Boer, who claims to still sleep under a Robbie Williams duvet cover. “But he keeps re-inventing himself. I think I can learn from that.”

The exhibition is open until July 8.
https://www.dutchnews.nl/2024/03/robbie-wil...terdam-gallery/

This post has been edited by Sydney11: 8th March 2024, 11:52 AM

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 8th March 2024, 11:58 AM
Post #175
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams opens First Own Art Exhibition in MOCO Amsterdam

Robbie Williams has consistently reinvented himself, solidifying his status as one of the UK's most enduring and versatile pop icons. Today, he continues to make headway on a journey that began during his first stint in rehab in the '90s, transforming inner demons into self-loving angels.

A star is re-born: Robbie Williams’ collection of artworks on mental health have arrived right on time. Through candid, caricature forms, the artist sends a wave of relief through our collective consciousness. It can be hard not to internalise the conditions of our sometimes hostile world, putting inner peace and freedom of mind seemingly out of reach. Robbie’s art holds an antidote.
His down to earth, vulnerable yet bold visual language illustrates his personal struggle with external pressure, shame, fear, and other inner demons. Through time, resilience and a creative renaissance, he can now proudly say: “the things that destroyed me also made me successful”.

Following the example of the artist, we may look inward and embrace both dark and light, and learn to express ourselves with the freedom of full (sometimes comical) transparency.

When it comes to a metamorphosis, Robbie Williams is no stranger to embracing evolution with a bit of wit and an exposed heart.

Born on February 13, 1974, in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England, Robert Peter Williams catapulted to fame as a member of the iconic boy band Take That in the early 1990s - Iconic hits include "Back for Good" and "Never Forget." However, Robbie's itch for creative independence and personal struggles led to his departure in 1995, marking the start of his solo career. In 1997, Robbie Williams released the international hit single “Angels,” propelling him to superstardom.

Experiencing ups and downs in his career, Robbie Williams felt the pressures in his professional and private life, and this stormy journey pushed him in and out of rehab. During his last stint in rehab in the 90s, the artist began a self-reflective journey - embracing the light and the dark - to transform inner demons into self-loving angels. Now, after years of creating art daily, Robbie Williams draws, paints and opens his visual diary that documents his mental health journey through creative expression. Using humour and an honest vulnerability, Williams illustrates the humanistic truths that can touch us, make us laugh and spark pride within ourselves.

Now, Robbie Williams demonstrates his dedication and ability to connect with audiences in a new art form for the public, in the exhibition Pride and Self-Prejudice. Moco Museum Amsterdam is proud to debut the art of Robbie Williams in his first solo exhibition, featuring standout pieces such as “I Deserve Every Drop of Love” and “Your Mental Illness”.

The exhibition runs from Mar 08, 2024 - Jul 08, 2024

https://www.artdependence.com/articles/robb...moco-amsterdam/

+Quote this post
Sydney11
post 8th March 2024, 04:05 PM
Post #176
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

+Quote this post