BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> New Spice Girls & Nicki Minaj Forum
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post Sep 6 2017, 09:24 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
Darius and Will Young are no more. This is quite a milestone, these forums have been around since the dawn of time. They were getting too inactive though and have been removed, their remains now scattered across the depths of the Retro and/or Pop forums.

What's replaced them are two new forums. Nicki Minaj has been oft-requested for a while, so find her new forum at this link. Josh! has been pushing for this for a while and he's doing a grand job of setting it up.

I'm still finding old Spice Girls threads and solo careers, but an influx of members requesting a Spice Girls forum made it an easy replacement, and the Spice Girls forum has been officially (I believe) re-instated at this link.

Go join them all and start the discussion flowing happy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Sep 6 2017, 10:36 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
I don't believe that any of these will generate much discussion but at least Darius is no more

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Sep 6 2017, 11:11 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308
Not strictly true that Darius was inactive ~#4-#1 (disallowed) - #2 posters chart chart run recently~ laugh.gif and the recent activity was on topic but he is not really doing enough of note to sustain the activity on the forum long term (it probably would have died down again within a few weeks if it had of been let stay as me and the Dariuses would probably have ran out of stuff to say!).

Plus he is going off for secret film production for the best part of the year apparently soon so even less to talk about.

Poor Will though. Even TrulyTalented with her true talent for dedication to all things Will couldn't save the Will young Forum and the Will Young Forum is now the Will Old Forum!

I see Take That and Leona have come back to life a little maybe because they fear going next. The Poster NirvanaMusic is single handedly trying to save the Take That Forum it seems!

This post has been edited by The Hissmobile: Sep 6 2017, 11:17 PM

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 6 2017, 11:16 PM
Post #4
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Great to see both Nicki and Spice Girls Forum around now. Thanks to the brill iz and the other GMs biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Sep 6 2017, 11:22 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Spice Grills laugh.gif

The Spice Girls Forum success depends on whether that other Spice Girls Forum that is likely to be closing closes or is managed to be saved. If it is saved it may suffer!
The Spice Girls past will create a lot of discussion but I don't know if each of the 5 members is doing any more now that is discussion generating than Darius or Will Young is!

This post has been edited by The Hissmobile: Sep 6 2017, 11:32 PM

+Quote this post
Jade
post Sep 6 2017, 11:54 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
Thanks for these additions Iz! I was really pushing for the Spice Girls forum mainly as a place that DenDen users could migrate to, but I used to stan them hard from about age 11-13 and still do love their music and looking out for reunion speculation, so it'll be a forum I check out regularly anyway. I'm also a Nicki fan as she's one of the handful of artists I've actually seen live! So yeah cool stuff, good luck to the new mods of these forums~

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Sep 7 2017, 06:28 AM
Post #7
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
QUOTE(The Hissmobile @ Sep 7 2017, 12:11 AM) *
I see Take That and Leona have come back to life a little maybe because they fear going next. The Poster NirvanaMusic is single handedly trying to save the Take That Forum it seems!

I don't know why the Sugababes forum is still needed there much less relevant than Take That and Leona

+Quote this post
Silas
post Sep 7 2017, 07:50 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
And that is why the AF mods and GMs are the ones making the decisions smile.gif

+Quote this post
ros
post Sep 7 2017, 09:32 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 14,601
As a long standing member on the Will Young forum (I joined way back in 2006 though my current user details show later as there was some cockup with my password so I just rejoined instead) the more I read about how this has come about the more upset I am. mad.gif

If the new forums were for hugely current stars I'd shrug and say that's life, Wills not doing much music at the moment, doing lots of other things, but for gods sake, if anyone should be in the Retro Lounge it's the Spice Girls. It seems like heads have been turned by another site packing up and the hope that Spice Girl fans will migrate here.

I know that the Will forum had gotten quiet, but what happened to the 12 month review? To just pull it at next to no notice when it's the best resource for Will stuff on the net is just appalling.

And Nicki Minaj?! laugh.gif Words fail me.

+Quote this post
truly talented
post Sep 7 2017, 09:48 AM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 140
QUOTE(cqmerqn @ Sep 6 2017, 11:36 PM) *
I don't believe that any of these will generate much discussion but at least Darius is no more

Not the best attitude. rolleyes.gif So the new Spice Girls Forum is just a reopening of an already closed one which I presume was closed due to lack of interest. If the other site doesn't close surely it will go the same way. What current topics can be discussed anyway? Very much like the Sugababes.

It will be interesting to see how the latest hyped artists forums fair, probably OK till the next girl popstel captures the poster's imagination, Miley Cyrus anyone? laugh.gif

This post has been edited by truly talented: Sep 7 2017, 10:06 AM

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post Sep 7 2017, 11:31 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: he/him
User: 19,585
This pointless bitterness rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Sep 7 2017, 11:34 AM
Post #12
Group icon
if anyone should be in the Retro Lounge it's the Spice Girls. It seems like heads have been turned by another site packing up and the hope that Spice Girl fans will migrate here.

It's more of a business decision though, Buzzjack seems to be seeing itself as more of a business recently, which of course it is!

+Quote this post
Silas
post Sep 7 2017, 11:35 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Queen of Soon
Can we stop taking out our aggression on my babes. They are actually recording new music and working on legal issues over their name. That's why they are still here. Not to mention the fact that it generates more discussion than you did

+Quote this post
Silas
post Sep 7 2017, 11:41 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Queen of Soon
If DenDen doesn't close then it's likely that our Spice Girls AF would close too. However it was judged to be a leap of faith worth taking given that both those forums were the final targets for changing/deletion in this round.

+Quote this post
ros
post Sep 7 2017, 11:42 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 14,601
QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Sep 7 2017, 12:35 PM) *
Can we stop taking out our aggression on my babes. They are actually recording new music and working on legal issues over their name. That's why they are still here. Not to mention the fact that it generates more discussion than you did

A single thread in Retro could have covered what they are up to (whoever they actually are these days). laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Silas
post Sep 7 2017, 11:47 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Queen of Soon
QUOTE(ros @ Sep 7 2017, 12:42 PM) *
A single thread in Retro could have covered what they are up to (whoever they actually are these days). laugh.gif

No. To be quite frank Ros, when they come back it will deliver a large amount of traffic. More than retro and immeasurable amounts more than Will Young. Outside of Buzzjack there is a significant appetite for the babes eventual comeback that makes it worthwhile coaching through the end of this era gap. This doesn't exist to the same extent for will. Unfortunately statistically speaking the Sugababes attracts the core demographic of music forum users and will does not. I know it's sad to lose your community, I've seen many of the AFs I love go over the years. That doesn't mean you aim at another part of the site. It won't save your forum, it won't change what's happened and if things don't happen with the babes then they'll suffer the same fate

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Sep 7 2017, 11:54 AM
Post #17
Group icon
I know it's sad to lose your community, I've seen many of the AFs I love go over the years.

Which is why cqmerqn's comment earlier was a bit tone deaf imo. Rejoicing over an artist forum going is a little distasteful and disrespectful to the fans of that artist.

This post has been edited by The Snake (Hiss): Sep 7 2017, 11:54 AM

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Sep 7 2017, 12:01 PM
Post #18
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
cqmerqn being tone deaf? Never.

The Spice Girls forum is on trial, to be available in the case of DenDen closing, then we have somewhere to house new members who will be looking for a forum to replace it. We had members signing up saying they'd support a forum before we'd even implemented it, so the demand was there. The potential is huge for us.

Should DenDen not close and these members leave, then we'll close it again. Simple.

Will was so quiet for an extended period of time that we couldn't justify it any more. It's partly about freshening Buzzjack's image and it's also partly about getting new members into the site, Will wasn't doing either. The Spice Girls won't do one, but if things work out, they will do the other.

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Sep 7 2017, 12:08 PM
Post #19
Group icon
QUOTE(Iz~ @ Sep 7 2017, 01:01 PM) *
cqmerqn being tone deaf? Never.

Maybe I interpreted his comment wrong (sorry if I did) and he was simply rejoicing at the freshness of the Artist Forums!

This post has been edited by The Snake (Hiss): Sep 7 2017, 12:09 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Sep 7 2017, 12:50 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
QUOTE(The Hissmobile @ Sep 7 2017, 12:11 AM) *
The Poster NirvanaMusic is single handedly trying to save the Take That Forum it seems!

Sounds familiar, can't think why *whistles*

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:35 AM