BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Great British Bake Off 2019, Matt Lucas to replace Sandi Toksvig
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Oct 15 2019, 11:51 PM
Post #121
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Henryyyy </3 I've only been following the show since it's C4 move (slowly - very slowly catching older ones on Netflix but goodness me it's such a BORE so far idgi) and he's probs my 2nd fave contestant. So adorkable. wub.gif

Rosie being bad, again is annoying, but Henry had such a bad week this week that I can't really fault him going home, but I feel like it was too close to call that surely they could've looked at past week performances? sad.gif Nvm.

A forgettable final 4 for me. Like, I don't hate or dislike any of them, but I don't "love" or care about them much either.

Plot twist for next week, Henry and Helena are brought back as the final 2 *.*
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Oct 15 2019, 11:55 PM
Post #122
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Has every winner been star baker before?

Steph really didn’t deserve it tonight although I was sort of glad David didn’t get it because his smug face and mannerisms are unbearable. I didn’t see it at first but now I really do!

Steph and David feel like the best shouts for winners so far but I really can’t call it just yet.

I didn’t agree with Paul’s comment about the other four being better. I think Henry was the second best of the 5 if we were going off the whole thing rather than just that one week.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Oct 16 2019, 01:46 AM
Post #123
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
Farewell, sweet Henry! cry.gif

I don't have particularly strong feelings about any of the final four. Rosie kind of amuses me with how fast she speaks, to the point it's sometimes difficult to understand her... and she's given us the best gif of the entire series... so maybe I'll root for her x

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 16 2019, 01:51 AM
Post #124
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
QUOTE(Jonjo @ Oct 16 2019, 12:51 AM) *
Henryyyy </3 I've only been following the show since it's C4 move (slowly - very slowly catching older ones on Netflix but goodness me it's such a BORE so far idgi) and he's probs my 2nd fave contestant. So adorkable. wub.gif

If you're on the first two, they were much mroe boring laugh.gif I think it peaked with series 6 and 7 for me.

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Oct 16 2019, 12:55 AM) *
Has every winner been star baker before?

They didn't have it in season 1 but since then yes! Nadiya in series 6 was the first winner to have more than one (she had 3), in 2014 someone who had 5 star bakers lost to a woman who just had one from the first week too. I've just got a feeling that David's consistency might snatch him it in the end, particularly if he gets a star baker next week sad.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Oct 16 2019, 11:35 AM
Post #125
Group icon
Jord
I thought everyone had! I’ve watched this since the one Nancy won.

Of who’s left I really hope it’s one of the women who wins. It doesn’t very nice saying you don’t want someone to win but David’s smugness and the way he has to better everyone with stuff he knows is just so off putting.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: Oct 16 2019, 11:36 AM

+Quote this post
LouisL
post Oct 16 2019, 01:54 PM
Post #126
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419
I kinda fell in love with Rosie last episode after disliking her most of the season. It's kinda a weird mix of like clumsiness and not really caring as much as the others but always managing to pull something together that I love.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Oct 16 2019, 06:59 PM
Post #127
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
I do like the ones that are left, I just don't exactly root for them - I'm really warming to Rosie as I'm finding her chats with Noel amusing... and I do like Steph too.

But none of them are as great as Henry or Helena. Henry has made me laugh or smile so often over the past few weeks, he's one of my favourite ever contestants. Still gutted as I hoped he would make the final.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Oct 16 2019, 10:46 PM
Post #128
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

Rosie being bad, again is annoying, but Henry had such a bad week this week that I can't really fault him going home, but I feel like it was too close to call that surely they could've looked at past week performances? sad.gif Nvm.

A forgettable final 4 for me. Like, I don't hate or dislike any of them, but I don't "love" or care about them much either.

I think they all went into the showstopper fairly even. Most of those showstoppers seemed to be fairly poor. Henry's downfall was that his wasn't particularly ambitious and it still wasn't that good. I'm as sorry as anyone to see him go, but I think it was the right decision sad.gif Still, he's on Extra Slice on Friday, so that's something to look forward to.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Oct 16 2019, 10:46 PM
Post #129
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I think they all went into the showstopper fairly even. Most of those showstoppers seemed to be fairly poor. Henry's downfall was that his wasn't particularly ambitious and it still wasn't that good. I'm as sorry as anyone to see him go, but I think it was the right decision sad.gif Still, he's on Extra Slice on Friday, so that's something to look forward to.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Oct 17 2019, 06:32 PM
Post #130
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
Ever since they got rid of Helena my favourite has been Alice. I'm rooting for her now but she's still just 9/10 compared to previous years.

I also agree with the decision based on this week's challenge. That pastry was thick as f***

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post Oct 17 2019, 06:49 PM
Post #131
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118
As soon as Paul cut that slice of Henry's pie I knew he was off given how he'd banged on about all the others being too dry. He was easily my favourite of those left, but don't see how anyone can argue with him going based on this week.

+Quote this post
p a v
post Oct 25 2019, 12:10 PM
Post #132
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
Everyone gave up on this season lmao~

Rosie going was the right decision although I would've liked David to go already.

Had forgotten Alice already had SB week 2 so she actually might be a contender. David will have to put something outstanding next week and hope for the others to fail for him to get close to winning.

Steph is surely going to do an Ian and flop in the final oops

This post has been edited by f: Oct 25 2019, 12:11 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 25 2019, 12:25 PM
Post #133
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
Yeah I think Alice is gonna win, I was a bit surprised she got Star Baker though over Steph. I didn't want either David or Rosie in the final but at least David had a few good weeks, Rosie was really clinging on for a good 4 or 5 weeks just by virtue of being lucky that someone else was slightly worse. I very much doubt he'll win now without a Star Baker, but I get the same feeling about Steph in the final.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Oct 25 2019, 01:49 PM
Post #134
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I thought people had stopped watching as a protest against Henry leaving laugh.gif

Rosie was indeed incredibly lucky to have got as far as the semi-final. Her survival for that long should help to convince people that they are judged by their performance each week rather than over the course of the series. Her performance across the series was far worse than the other three. Has she ever been in contention for Star Baker?

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 25 2019, 02:21 PM
Post #135
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
The only time I think she was in contention is that time she made the chicken out of biscuits iirc!

+Quote this post
kye
post Oct 26 2019, 03:17 PM
Post #136
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169
this week really annoyed me. alice’s sugar glass cabinet was by far the worst of them all + they didn’t even touch on that? then they gave her star baker. i’ll be furious if she wins! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
RabbitFurCoat
post Oct 29 2019, 09:33 PM
Post #137
Group icon
IncredibleSquirrel
User: 118
David absolutely nailed that. Fully deserved win based on tonight.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Oct 29 2019, 09:54 PM
Post #138
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ Oct 29 2019, 09:33 PM) *
David absolutely nailed that. Fully deserved win based on tonight.

Definitely. Hard as the editors tried, it was obvious David was going to win part way through the final challenge. He won the technical comfortably and his showstopper was clearly going better than the other two.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Oct 30 2019, 01:09 AM
Post #139
Group icon
Jord
David deserved to win based off that final.

Steph really struggled probably down to nerves. It’s a shame as going into the final she was probably who Prue and Paul had down as the winner but it wouldn’t have felt right her winning after that final.

Rosie was my first week pick of who I thought would win so I didn’t get that right this year sad.gif

But it was comfortably David’s night tonight. I didn’t really want him to win but I can’t argue with it. It wasn’t even close really this final.

I guess David’s now the first ever winner who’s never been star baker!

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Oct 30 2019, 10:03 AM
Post #140
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
I really felt for Steph since she was rather consistent throughout the competition, but it boiled down to the final when she struggled with her first challenge and it all went pear-shaped from there, I guess it was nerves and lost her confidence.

Mind you all the contestants had issues with their first 2 challenges, it just went David's way in the final challenge.

+Quote this post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:22 AM