BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> favourite UK 11-40 Peak
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
AF Idol 11-40 peak what should we send
Please vote for your favourite
Talk that Talk [ 8 ] ** [18.60%]
All Of The Lights [ 11 ] ** [25.58%]
Can’t Remember To Forget You [ 9 ] ** [20.93%]
Bitch Better Have My Money [ 10 ] ** [23.26%]
Needed Me [ 5 ] ** [11.63%]
Total votes: 43

Jordanlee
post 16th June 2020, 09:05 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

A few options for this poll!

Rehab unfortunately has already been sent or that would’ve been sent!

But these were either rated highest on the last rate or have been released since the last rate.

Discuss!

This post has been edited by Gerald: 17th June 2020, 01:56 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post 16th June 2020, 09:11 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

'All Of The Lights' by far wub.gif

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 16th June 2020, 09:39 PM
Post #3
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

Personal Preference:
1. Talk That Talk
2. Bitch Better Have My Money
3. Can’t Remember To Forget You
4. All Of The Lights
5. Needed Me (still great)

Would do well in AFSC:
1. Talk That Talk (honestly think this I swear!)
2. Can’t Remember To Forget You
3. All Of The Lights
4. Bitch Better Have My Money
5. Needed Me

I can see the top 3 in my second list getting through, BBHMM would possibly be out and Needed Me even against a Mel C song that isn't hugely popular with her fanbase would even more so, although I'd say Bitch would probably stay.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 16th June 2020, 10:35 PM
Post #4
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Wait, Cheers (Drink to That) not even in contention? ohmy.gif I thought that would be solid pick!

I don't have huge confidence in any song in the poll, honestly. Maybe Can't Remember to Forget You for the pop hoes. Bitch Better Have My Money is my favourite song but that could be very divisive.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 16th June 2020, 10:41 PM
Post #5
Group icon
is in hibernation

QUOTE(Jay* @ Jun 16 2020, 11:35 PM) *
Wait, Cheers (Drink to That) not even in contention? ohmy.gif I thought that would be solid pick!

I don't have huge confidence in any song in the poll, honestly. Maybe Can't Remember to Forget You for the pop hoes. Bitch Better Have My Money is my favourite song but that could be very divisive.

I actually am surprised people aren't suggesting it but it didn't do particularly well in the last singles rate (although it wasn't far off BBHMM) and it's not a particularly remembered hit. I'm not complaining as I've never liked it kink.gif After your post I listened again and I can only think of 4, maybe 5 songs in her whole discography that are worse imo, including album tracks oops

Yas at the BBHMM stanning *.*

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 16th June 2020, 10:43 PM
Post #6
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

Can’t Remember To Forget You!!!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 16th June 2020, 10:47 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

BBHMM is my favourite but I voted AOTL coz I feel that's safer.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 16th June 2020, 10:48 PM
Post #8
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

What Now not even being included! RUDE

+Quote this post
Jade
post 16th June 2020, 10:50 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Surprised that 'Can’t Remember To Forget You' is leading - I thought that was regarded as a disappointing big name collab on the site!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 16th June 2020, 10:52 PM
Post #10
Group icon

QUOTE(Andrew. @ Jun 16 2020, 11:41 PM) *
After your post I listened again and I can only think of 4, maybe 5 songs in her whole discography that are worse imo, including album tracks oops

Oh wow...! It's not one of her very best singles, but in the context of her discography as a whole I'm sure I'd consider it mid-table at worst! Sounds perfect in the summer too. I certainly think it's better than some of the songs in this poll.

Kind of surprised Te Amo isn't in the mix too, love that one!

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 16th June 2020, 10:58 PM
Post #11
Group icon
is in hibernation

QUOTE(Jay* @ Jun 16 2020, 11:52 PM) *
Oh wow...! It's not one of her very best singles, but in the context of her discography as a whole I'm sure I'd consider it mid-table at worst! Sounds perfect in the summer too. I certainly think it's better than some of the songs in this poll.

Kind of surprised Te Amo isn't in the mix too, love that one!

Tbf part of my annoyance comes from the fact they released it as a single instead of 'Skin' kink.gif IMAGINE THE VIDEO cheeseblock.png

Unfaithful would easily be in my bottom 10 as well so it's not even my most unpopular Rih opinion ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by Andrew.: 16th June 2020, 10:58 PM

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 16th June 2020, 11:04 PM
Post #12
Group icon
is in hibernation

I am more worried than ever for us this round, help Rih out guys :'( I don't think we have any chance of beating Gaga or probably Madonna, so whether we're top 3 or not depends on the Spice choice.

The more I think about it (I wanna smash into pieces), I do wonder if despite the poll, it might be a risk that pays off to go for AOTL or even BBHMM. I assume you can only vote for two forums this round and posters who won't vote for a hip-hop song will already be going to Gaga/Madonna/Spice Girls, and more importantly as much as I love them I don't think CRTFY or maybe TTT would stand out amongst the other pop songs. I think TTT would more. AOTL/BBHMM would stand out amongst the crowd and the vast majority of the who like hip-hop/trap would go for it. Am I making ANY sense here x

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 16th June 2020, 11:23 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

To reply to you Jay* Te Amo wasn’t in the mix as in the Rated R survivor poll it’s been getting some shade and that’s in the early rounds.

I really feel like All Of The Lights is the best choice

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 16th June 2020, 11:45 PM
Post #14
Group icon

QUOTE(Andrew. @ Jun 17 2020, 12:04 AM) *
The more I think about it (I wanna smash into pieces)

! Melanie C.png impact!

QUOTE(Andrew. @ Jun 17 2020, 12:04 AM) *
I do wonder if despite the poll, it might be a risk that pays off to go for AOTL or even BBHMM. I assume you can only vote for two forums this round and posters who won't vote for a hip-hop song will already be going to Gaga/Madonna/Spice Girls, and more importantly as much as I love them I don't think CRTFY or maybe TTT would stand out amongst the other pop songs. I think TTT would more. AOTL/BBHMM would stand out amongst the crowd and the vast majority of the who like hip-hop/trap would go for it. Am I making ANY sense here x

Bitch Better Have My Money, please *.* So much more interesting than AOTL. I still think CRTFY would hold its own though.

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Jun 17 2020, 12:23 AM) *
To reply to you Jay* Te Amo wasn’t in the mix as in the Rated R survivor poll it’s been getting some shade and that’s in the early rounds.

Who are these tasteless people Mel B.png

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 16th June 2020, 11:49 PM
Post #15
Group icon

QUOTE(Jade @ Jun 16 2020, 11:50 PM) *
Surprised that 'Can’t Remember To Forget You' is leading - I thought that was regarded as a disappointing big name collab on the site!
Britney & Madonna teas!

LEARN RIRIRI FORUM

L E A R N

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 17th June 2020, 12:32 AM
Post #16
Group icon

I don't like living in a world where Can't Remember to Forget You is considered disappointing cry.gif That chorus pops off a bit!

+Quote this post
Rush
post 17th June 2020, 11:20 AM
Post #17
Group icon
wayback machine gif rescuer
User: 18,564

I don't know if 'All Of The Lights' should even count as a Rihanna song, but it's my favourite song here by far!

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 17th June 2020, 12:47 PM
Post #18
Group icon
is in hibernation

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jun 17 2020, 12:49 AM) *
Britney & Madonna teas!

LEARN RIRIRI FORUM

L E A R N

QUOTE(Jay* @ Jun 17 2020, 01:32 AM) *
I don't like living in a world where Can't Remember to Forget You is considered disappointing cry.gif That chorus pops off a bit!

Okay I'm now terrified x

Sorry for spamming this thread lmao but presuming the choices are Marry The Night, Loving You and one of Oh Father/Living For Love, I think even more it'd be very beneficial to go for AOTL or BBHMM. I listened to the Matt Cardle song and found it okay, quite mor but it got a higher average in the rate it was in than any of these songs. I can see Loving You appealing to those who don't usually like the pure pop choices (aka the straights x) and it'll have those votes as well as the Spice stans. Basically I think AOTL or Bitch would be able to appeal to those people and the people on here who love it, while I just don't see many including CRTFY in their votes over Gaga or Madge. It won't stand out as a pop song, while ATOL/Bitch would stand out. I feel like I'm repeating myself a bit but I don't think I made my point well last time oop.

I know Bitch would be divisive, but I recall that whenever it pops up in rates it always gets loads of high scores - it's dragged down in the average by some very low scores but it only matters how many people like it here.

Feel free to take no notice of what I say though I'm procrastinating from work :') What are you thinking mods?

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 17th June 2020, 01:00 PM
Post #19
Group icon

CRTFY really didn't cry out for me for this round. I think it should be avoided, in all honesty.

I'd actually say you're safer going with Te Amo tbh :')

I won't vote for it, but it has it's fans and is at least a recognisable hit Rihanna song.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 17th June 2020, 01:04 PM
Post #20
Group icon
is in hibernation

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jun 17 2020, 02:00 PM) *
CRTFY really didn't cry out for me for this round. I think it should be avoided, in all honesty.

I'd actually say you're safer going with Te Amo tbh :')

I won't vote for it, but it has it's fans and is at least a recognisable hit Rihanna song.

I see your point and it could survive, but your reason for sending Te Amo would be mine for sending Bitch. I feel like it has more fans, just more haters but that doesn't matter so much. Te Amo, at least from what I've seen is mostly regarded as meh while Bitch is marmite, most people either love it or dislike it.

I'm an indecisive bitch though so *shrug* x

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 11:12 AM