BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ansel's 2023 in Review, my top artists, albums and songs of 2023!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 8th January 2024, 08:14 PM
Post #21
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

I adore Can't Catch Me Now, it was my favourite Olivia song of 2023! wub.gif The Lost Tapes was such a great album for Sugababes too so glad to see some songs from that appearing.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Ansel
post 8th January 2024, 09:27 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,739

Thank you guys for all your comments wub.gif
QUOTE(k👠th @ Jan 8 2024, 04:19 AM) *
Oh my god. Not the biggest fan of 'Dang' and kinda glad it was left off the album, but how good is that TV performance cheeseblock.png

So good!! Absolutely iconic, I need her to do a full lecture series cheeseblock.png

QUOTE(Tafty³³³ @ Jan 8 2024, 12:46 PM) *
My faves and some comments of those I have heard:

Albums:
1. Carly Rae Jepsen - The Loveliest Time > I haven't been *too* enamoured by a Carly album since 'EMOTION'. A couple of gems though! <
2. Caroline Polachek - Desire, I Want to Turn Into You > Heard this for the first time like a month ago, it was ok. Nothing I'd go back to though tbh. <
3. Troye Sivan - Something to Give Each Other > A great album. Took a while to grow on me to the level of 'Blue Neighbourhood' and 'BLOOM', but it's up there now! SO GOOD! <
4. Sugababes - The Lost Tapes > STUNNING album. <
9. Kylie Minogue - Tension
11. RAYE - My 21st Century Blues
14. Olivia Rodrigo - GUTS
18. Miley Cyrus - Endless Summer Vacation > It's a very under appreciated album! Glad to see you name 'Island' as a highlight! <

Songs:
94. Summer Of 99 - Sugababes > They should release this as a single and see it smash!!!! <
97. Boys - Sugababes
98. get him back! - Olivia Rodrigo
99. Bzrp Music Sessions, Vol. 53 - Bizarrap & Shakira > Very unexpected but a BOP! I actually forgot to add this to my top 100 when doing my countdown lmao oops x <

Really glad you're a fan of all those too! Absolutely agree on Summer of 99, it sounds so single-worthy and lyrically would've made perfect sense to sum up The Lost Tapes!

QUOTE(LewisGT @ Jan 8 2024, 04:22 PM) *
I love the two Olivia tracks so far. She's yet to release a bad single in my opinion wub.gif

I really enjoyed the Bizarrap/Shakira song and it was brilliant to see it get Shakira back in the UK charts!

Olivia absolutely knows how to choose a single, even if Guts wasn't as big as Sour she definitely made the right choices! And a Shakira comeback, let alone in Spanish, absolutely wasn't what I expected for 2023 laugh.gif

QUOTE(Roba. @ Jan 8 2024, 05:14 PM) *
Hey Ansel, from your retro one first

20. Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You
19. Sal Solo - San Damiano
18. Madonna - Swim
17. Madonna - La Isla Bonita
16. Madonna - Skin
13. When In Rome - The Promise
12. Madonna - Drowned World / Substitute For Love
11. All Saints - Pure Shores
9. Madonna - Nothing Really Matters
7. Timbaland ft. Katy Perry - If We Ever Meet Again
6. Madonna - Don't Tell Me
3. Cornershop - Brimful Of Asha (Norman Cook Remix)
1. Madonna - Beautiful Stranger

so much Madonna wub.gif a big fan of the Timbaland/Katy one as well despite how dated it appears now! Loving the Olivia appearances, haven't checked any of the Sugababes tracks oops. Will try and do so at some point lol!

Taste! Definitely a Madonna overload but this year was the first time I'd listened to most of her albums so a huge revelation for me. The Timbaland one definitely sounds of its time but I kinda love that about it laugh.gif definitely recommend the Sugababes album!!

QUOTE(JosephChalamet @ Jan 8 2024, 08:14 PM) *
I adore Can't Catch Me Now, it was my favourite Olivia song of 2023! wub.gif The Lost Tapes was such a great album for Sugababes too so glad to see some songs from that appearing.

I definitely didn't expect to enjoy a 2023 Sugababes album so much (no shade to them at all!), but it's so good! There's one more song on the way from it still.

+Quote this post
jimwatts
post 8th January 2024, 09:38 PM
Post #23
Group icon
my mind is ready for fun
User: 38,591

'Promise Me' is my favourite from 100-91, the first I'd heard from Rose Gray and her vocals over the dance beat gave me festival vibes. 'Alizzz' was one of my more useful guest votes in a contest, an infectious tune!

+Quote this post
Ansel
post 8th January 2024, 09:54 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

90. River - Miley Cyrus
I feel like River got a bit overshadowed at the time, but it really was the perfect follow-up to Flowers. I wish the entire album sounded more like this, with a fun synth line and a really quirky delivery on the verses from Miley.

89. Running Out Of Time - Paramore
Running Out Of Time is on the poppier end of This Is Why - it's fun and catchy, and we can all relate to not having enough time sometimes!

88. Is It Love - Loreen
Is It Love doesn't fall into the trap of sounding too similar to Euphoria/Tattoo, which I think is a great choice. Instead it blends Middle Eastern and Spanish flairs with a soaring chorus. It could be a little longer, and I'm a bit disappointed it didn't manage to ride on Tattoo's success to chart, but it's still a stunning follow-up track.

87. Eat The Acid - Kesha
Kesha deserves much better than the horrors she's had to deal with, and on her latest album she really lays that bare. Eat The Acid is a song about drugs, religion, self-introspection, and its brooding dark production makes it a really interesting listen.

86. For Granted - Yaeji
For Granted starts off relatively chilled, eventually transforming into energetic drum and bass. To quote the title of its follow-up single, it Passed Me By at the time but actually massively grew on me with repeat listens!

85. Sunset - Caroline Polachek
Sunset was #26 on last year's countdown, and doesn't quite scale the same heights this year. It's very Legend of Zelda meets flamenco, and goes off live with everyone joining in the wailing!

84. Affirmations - Hannah Diamond
Hannah Diamond finally returned with a new album, led by Affirmations. It could be horrendously cheesy, with a spoken word section of literal affirmations, but Hannah is able to make it work with glistening pop perfection.

83. Psychedelic Switch - Carly Rae Jepsen
Psychedelic Switch is a futuristic disco-house song that doesn't feel out of Carly's comfort zone but is definitely a slight slide into a new sound for her. It works great, although it is one of the more conventional tracks on the album and some of the less predictable fare is yet to come.

82. Sanity (demo) - Paramore
Leaving Sanity off such an already short album feels like an odd choice, but it does give me a reason to return to the remix album. It's a song about anxiety and loneliness, but is still super catchy and features stunning vocals from Hayley as ever.

81. Goodbye Evergreen - Sufjan Stevens
Goodbye Evergreen is almost cinematic, starting off quiet and understated before transforming with the addition of grand electronic production. I went to a pre-release listenthrough for the album and this was *the* track I couldn't wait to hear again, it reminds me a lot of Planetarium which is one of my favourite Sufjan projects. It's the first song on Javelin and makes perfect sense as an introduction.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 8th January 2024, 10:01 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

'River' is okay but not been invested as much in Miley this era oops. I guess that's what happens when she set bar high with Plastic Hearts!

'Is It Love' is fine but a little abrupt for my liking lol.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 8th January 2024, 10:06 PM
Post #26
Group icon
I wanna keep all of your charm in a canister
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

My favourites from your singles countdown so far are:

100. Pierdo el sentido (YUNG PRADO Un Kiss Remix) - Alizzz - gave this my bronze medal in the relevant PFSC, tune *.* looking forward to listening through the current edition!
99. Bzrp Music Sessions, Vol. 53 - Bizarrap & Shakira - haha at the omnipresence in Spain, when I went on holiday last year I heard it already within about an hour of being there laugh.gif
96. Promise Me - Rose Gray - easily the best song I've heard from her to date <3
95. Can’t Catch Me Now - Olivia Rodrigo - Hunger Games music never misses for me tbh, from our Lorde and saviour to Taylor to this beauty from Olivia!
90. River - Miley Cyrus - totally agree that the album should've followed more of a style similar to this and 'Handstand'!
87. Eat The Acid - Kesha - great to see this in your countdown as well <3 she knocked this return out of the park
81. Goodbye Evergreen - Sufjan Stevens - amazing that you went to a pre-release party ohmy.gif the album is incredible!

+Quote this post
Ansel
post 9th January 2024, 10:30 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(jimwatts @ Jan 8 2024, 09:38 PM) *
'Promise Me' is my favourite from 100-91, the first I'd heard from Rose Gray and her vocals over the dance beat gave me festival vibes. 'Alizzz' was one of my more useful guest votes in a contest, an infectious tune!

Glad you liked Promise Me! A lot of what she's done in the last year or so definitely fits that festival vibe. Thank you for voting for Alizzz too!

QUOTE(Roba. @ Jan 8 2024, 10:01 PM) *
'River' is okay but not been invested as much in Miley this era oops. I guess that's what happens when she set bar high with Plastic Hearts!

'Is It Love' is fine but a little abrupt for my liking lol.

I have to agree, Plastic Hearts blows Endless Summer Vacation out of the water by a fair few miles! But I think River is a good indication of what could've been.

QUOTE(Jade @ Jan 8 2024, 10:06 PM) *
My favourites from your singles countdown so far are:

100. Pierdo el sentido (YUNG PRADO Un Kiss Remix) - Alizzz - gave this my bronze medal in the relevant PFSC, tune *.* looking forward to listening through the current edition!
99. Bzrp Music Sessions, Vol. 53 - Bizarrap & Shakira - haha at the omnipresence in Spain, when I went on holiday last year I heard it already within about an hour of being there laugh.gif
96. Promise Me - Rose Gray - easily the best song I've heard from her to date <3
95. Can’t Catch Me Now - Olivia Rodrigo - Hunger Games music never misses for me tbh, from our Lorde and saviour to Taylor to this beauty from Olivia!
90. River - Miley Cyrus - totally agree that the album should've followed more of a style similar to this and 'Handstand'!
87. Eat The Acid - Kesha - great to see this in your countdown as well <3 she knocked this return out of the park
81. Goodbye Evergreen - Sufjan Stevens - amazing that you went to a pre-release party ohmy.gif the album is incredible!

Yay glad you liked 'Pierdo el sentido' too 😎 as series go The Hunger Games definitely has one of the best soundtracks, they've chosen perfect artists for it! And re Sufjan - forever thankful for living so close to a Rough Trade store 🙏

+Quote this post
Ansel
post 9th January 2024, 10:31 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

80. Muñekita - Kali Uchis ft. El Alfa & JT
Muñekita is the lead from Kali's upcoming album (out this Friday!), which is a return to Spanish-language after a mostly English album. I don't listen to quite enough reggaeton to tell if this is ripping off BIZCOCHITO or just making a common production choice, but it's certainly a fun track! JT from City Girls feels like a slightly bizarre feature choice but she fits in really well.

79. I Wish You Roses - Kali Uchis
A less upbeat Kali song now - I Wish You Roses actually didn't catch my attention until I fell in love with the following single Moonlight. But this is a really smooth R&B song with gorgeous shimmering production.

78. Never Ending Song - Conan Gray
Never Ending Song is heavily 80s - it sounds like it's straight off the Stranger Things soundtrack. Conan uses a deeper part of his register which he doesn't usually show off in his songs, but I think it works really well here!

77. RUIDO - Rakky Ripper ft. Rizha
RUIDO is one of my favourite Rakky Ripper songs because it's just upbeat and fun. The energy is dialed up and lyrically it talks about the bright lights and loud noises of the city, comparing this chaos to a past relationship.

76. Houdini - Dua Lipa
Dua racked up 4 weeks at #1 with this, so it may seem a little low but that's only because it's just come out! Houdini isn't that far from the disco-pop sound that Future Nostalgia made into Dua's trademark, but it's infused with quirkier elements like the synth breakdown that transforms into something Daft Punk / The Weeknd esque. I'm very excited for whatever this new Dua era brings!

75. Not Strong Enough - boygenius
I have to say I've struggled a bit to get into boygenius despite loving Phoebe Bridgers' solo stuff, but Not Strong Enough is a clear highlight. The lyrics are really quite devastating, but hearing "I don't know why I am the way I am" over such an uplifting instrumental is strangely reassuring.

74. Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Lana Del Rey
Spawning a million memes about Lana's iconic long titles, this song feels like another career great. The orchestral production feels so classic and cinematic, and her lyrics about wondering how she'll be remembered are hugely emotional. In recent years, Lana is definitely at her best when she gets self reflective and this is no exception.

73. Zone 1 to 6000 - Nabihah Iqbal
Not really a 2023 song, but BJSC gives me an excuse to put this here! The English Lit student in me loves that this is basically a modern retelling of William Blake's poem 'London', borrowing the original's lines and rhythm by applying them to the city as it stands today, with commuters and weekend parties. I've had to study this poem a ridiculous amount of times so I'm glad it led to this, one of my all-time fave BJSC wins!

72. ghosts - yeule
ghosts is a really beautiful little song that really surprised me. The processed vocals and extremely slow pace give it an eerie feel (as well as the fact that it's about ghosts!).

71. Kiss Me - Empress Of ft. Rina Sawayama
Empress Of and Rina coming together was not necessarily top of my collab wishlist, but it really delivers! The end result feels very 00s, with chilled production and a lyrical sense of yearning. When it first came out I remember posting on my story that it reminds me of Frou Frou's cover of Holding Out For A Hero for the Shrek soundtrack, and a fair few people agreed - hopefully some of you hear it too?

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 10th January 2024, 12:09 AM
Post #29
Group icon
Rob aah

'Zone 1 to 6000' *.* also 'Houdini' is another bop for Dua!

+Quote this post
jimwatts
post 10th January 2024, 08:27 PM
Post #30
Group icon
my mind is ready for fun

'Houdini' and 'Eat The Acid' were both inspired songs to launch new eras - Dua's I was anticipating, but Kesha coming back with an actual psychedelic switch-up and recounting some of her darkest moments so vividly was something I hadn't prepared for.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 10th January 2024, 10:15 PM
Post #31
Group icon

The synth breakdown of 'Houdini' is indeed wonderful wub.gif what a great start to whatever this era may turn out to be called... can't wait for more!

'Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd' was also a promising start to an album campaign, such a gorgeous song <3

Delighted that 'Zone 1 to 6000' was sent to BJSC (and did so well) as Nabihah has been a revelation, her DREAMER album is lush.

+Quote this post
Ansel
post 10th January 2024, 10:57 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Roba. @ Jan 10 2024, 12:09 AM) *
'Zone 1 to 6000' *.* also 'Houdini' is another bop for Dua!

Summericia smashery clap.gif such an incredible entry, so glad you introduced us all to it!

QUOTE(jimwatts @ Jan 10 2024, 08:27 PM) *
'Houdini' and 'Eat The Acid' were both inspired songs to launch new eras - Dua's I was anticipating, but Kesha coming back with an actual psychedelic switch-up and recounting some of her darkest moments so vividly was something I hadn't prepared for.

Agreed it was definitely not what I expected from Kesha - but all the better for it!

QUOTE(Jade @ Jan 10 2024, 10:15 PM) *
The synth breakdown of 'Houdini' is indeed wonderful wub.gif what a great start to whatever this era may turn out to be called... can't wait for more!

'Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd' was also a promising start to an album campaign, such a gorgeous song <3

Delighted that 'Zone 1 to 6000' was sent to BJSC (and did so well) as Nabihah has been a revelation, her DREAMER album is lush.

So excited for whatever's next from Dua! Loved Nabihah's album too, This World Couldn't See Us was great in a similar vein to Zone 1 to 6000 but I loved the chilled vibes of songs like Sunflower too.

+Quote this post
Ansel
post 10th January 2024, 10:59 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

70. Tears can be so soft - Christine and the Queens
Bringing in a trip hop sound over a Marvin Gaye sample, this song talks about loss and healing. It's understated but really effective.

69. LA CHAMBA - Arcángel ft. Peso Pluma
I struggled with Peso Pluma for quite a while but I'll make an exception for this song. Lyrically I guess it's quite clichéd, all about coming from humble origins and working hard, but it's a good message. Like with Arcángel's previous #1 La Jumpa which featured Bad Bunny, having a featured artist definitely helps as I've struggled to get into any of Arcángel's solo stuff.

68. Aeroplanes - Carly Rae Jepsen
Aeroplanes is definitely one of the odder songs on The Loveliest Time - every part of the melody takes you by surprise, and the next note is never the one you expect. But I think it's a beautiful song and really leans into the beachy chilled vibe of the Loneliest/Loveliest dual era. More of this please Carly!

67. TRACCIÓN - Rakky Ripper
TRACCIÓN is a huge banger which became an immediate fave when I watched Benidorm Fest early last year. Seeing hyperpop on primetime TV was so refreshing, although it didn't fully translate live and definitely works better in studio form!

66. Full of life - Christine and the Queens
Pachelbel's Canon in D is one of my favourite classical pieces, and due to some personal family connections to the piece it's always been a very emotional listen for me. But equally I'm aware it's been hugely overused in modern music. Chris really puts a beautiful spin on it, letting the original score do most of the heavy lifting with emotionally charged lyrics layered on top. It goes from pain to anger to vulnerability - in all honesty and without being too dramatic it's almost a religious experience, surprising even me by becoming one of my 2023 #1s.

65. SOS - Domiziana ft. Blümchen
One German BJSC queen met another German BJSC queen and together maximised their joint slay by releasing this song! It's a fun techno-pop (I think x) tune which even sneaks in a snippet of Blümchen's Herz an Herz at the very end.

64. Back To December - Taylor Swift
Another one that's not *really* a 2023 song but also kind of is. Speak Now deserves its moment in the spotlight and Back To December is absolutely one of the jewels in its crown, a mature track blending longing and regret in a formula that built the foundations for another Taylor classic years later, 'tis the damn season.

63. The Bend - King Princess
This track was released without much fanfare on an NME/Bose compilation album but definitely deserves attention. It's a gentle guitary song with varying intensity that really does make you feel like you're "getting over the bend" along with the lyrics.

62. I Been Young - George Clanton
I Been Young has all the hallmarks of a 90s British boyband single - you can hear Take That all over the chorus. In recent years there's been a lot of revivals for older sounds (mostly 80s) but I think this very specific sound hasn't been one of them, so it's quite a bizarre listen!

61. Out Of Time - Slayyyter
Out Of Time fits firmly into Ava Max territory in all honesty - but it works really well and sees Slayyyter giving full main pop girl energy. The pulsing synths and carefully curated melody sample in the chorus make this an absolutely stomping pop tune.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 11th January 2024, 12:41 AM
Post #34
Group icon
Rob aah

'I Been Young' and 'Back To December' both good tracks to pop up there!

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 11th January 2024, 08:52 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Nice to see I Been Young here! Very much enjoyed it in BJSC, it definitely does have that retro feel to it and I guess that's what adds to its charm, even if the lyrics are a little more sombre.

+Quote this post
Ansel
post 11th January 2024, 09:16 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Roba. @ Jan 11 2024, 12:41 AM) *
'I Been Young' and 'Back To December' both good tracks to pop up there!

Glad you're a fan of both! happy.gif

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Jan 11 2024, 08:52 PM) *
Nice to see I Been Young here! Very much enjoyed it in BJSC, it definitely does have that retro feel to it and I guess that's what adds to its charm, even if the lyrics are a little more sombre.

Oops I forgot it came from BJSC, my bad as that's where I would've first heard it! 2023 was definitely a great year for BJSC discoveries for me.

+Quote this post
Ansel
post 11th January 2024, 09:16 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

60. DOGTOOTH - Tyler, The Creator
DOGTOOTH's chorus is probably not ideal family fare given the specific action Tyler doesn't want anything in return for, but overall it's a song where Tyler brags about his own superiority and success, to the point he might buy his neighbour's house just to turn it into a garden. Tyler does not miss and it's been great watching him grow into a big chart name over the last few years!

59. Sun Comes Up - Rose Gray
Sun Comes Up is less uptempo than some of Rose's recent dancey stuff, but still feels like a really atmospheric late night track and feels indebted to 00s British pop like much of her work.

58. Ohne Benzin - Domiziana
Another BJSC discovery, this time via Pupok. It's really interesting that this was such a big hit in Germany (even getting to #1 there!) as I can't imagine it doing the same in the UK (obviously language barrier aside). It's firmly techno-pop with a hint of hyperpop and a huge banger.

57. Flowers - Miley Cyrus
Considering how big this song was everywhere, even on my chart, it feels unfair to place it so low here. But in all honesty, it's been so overplayed I'm a bit sick of it! I remember just after it came out, one of my classes was listening to some English music so I put this on for them. For the rest of the year, any time those kids heard it they'd excitedly point out it was "my song" and while it was very cute, I felt a little guilty about passing off the biggest song in the world as something I'd found especially for them laugh.gif

56. Shy Boy - Carly Rae Jepsen
Carly launched The Loneliest Time with this silky disco number. The instrumentation and vocal delivery feel very live - it's easy to imagine this on stage, possibly helped by her amazing Glastonbury performance. If further proof was needed that Carly can do anything, she even samples Midnight Star's Midas Touch which adds to the songs jam-like feel.

55. Whenever I Want - Mura Masa
This song is deceptively simple, with just one vocal line repeated ad nauseam. But you'll soon be dancing along, with chopped vocals transforming that one line throughout the song.

54. PLUSH - Simona
You may be familiar with this as a Pestolian BJSC entry, which made 34th place as part of a recent stint around the 30s for us. I discovered this song through a friend, who was staying with me for Primavera Sound in Madrid and so this song would play as we were getting ready to go out. Because of that it's become a real hype song, with dramatic campy lyrics about being "your pop star, porn star, dealer, your baby, your angel, your devil, your mother and father too". Just look at the range!

53. Prada - Cassö ft. RAYE & D-Block Europe
Buzzjack will love this: yesterday I got an email from Spotify to tell me I'm one of D-Block Europe's top fans laugh.gif and that's ENTIRELY from this song, which is a huge tune and absolutely goes off on a night out. I saw a video comparing the tune of "pull up in the Bentley, I want Christian, I want Fendi" to the sound of the points going down on Pointless which I can't unhear but it doesn't affect the song being an absolute tune!

52. I Might Be Fake - Master Peace ft. Georgia
This song was promoted on TikTok pre-release by pretending it was a 00s Calvin Harris song and asking people if they remembered it. In all honesty, I was almost convinced - Georgia's vocals are giving La Roux and it could totally be a lost 00s gem.

51. Black British - V V Brown
V V Brown wasn't a name I was familiar with before (I knew of Shark In The Water but not who sung it, although this song is miles away from that), so this song was a great introduction to her. As you can probably guess from the title, it's a song that celebrates the Black British identity and calls for both education and liberation. There's a distinct 00s/early 10s flair to it but it still feels fresh and new.

+Quote this post
Lunar
post 11th January 2024, 09:57 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 73,703

Hey Ansel! hi.gif big catch up but here are my favourites so far:

get him back! - Olivia Rodrigo
Can’t Catch Me Now - Olivia Rodrigo
River - Miley Cyrus
Houdini - Dua Lipa -> such a great start to the new era and has me SO excited for what's still to come *.*
Back To December - Taylor Swift -> absolute classic, one of my highlights of Speak Now for sure
Flowers - Miley Cyrus -> though I definitely share your thoughts in terms of becoming a little sick of it unfortunately!

Endless Summer Vacation, GUTS & My 21st Century Blues are my favourites from your top albums and great to see RAYE, Taylor & Troye appear in your top 10 artists too. wub.gif

Looking forward to seeing your top 50! <3

+Quote this post
Jade
post 11th January 2024, 10:13 PM
Post #39
Group icon

Oh 'Tears can be so soft' was my favourite from that era wub.gif have you heard his version of 'Stayin Alive'? It was in my release radar last week and it's oddly compelling laugh.gif

'Back To December' is a fab Speak Now pick <3 I remember that and 'The Story of Us' being my favourites when the album originally came out and still love them both!

I discovered 'I Been Young' via 6Music and was thrilled it got sent to BJSC and did so well heart.gif totally agree that it has a 90s boyband charm to it, especially coupled with the video!

That anecdote about 'Flowers' is cute! Totally agree about the overplay though, at its peak I remember hearing it 4 times when out and about while I was getting my hair done laugh.gif

+Quote this post
jimwatts
post 11th January 2024, 10:30 PM
Post #40
Group icon
my mind is ready for fun

'SOS' is a fun tune, I'd made the 'Herz an Herz' connection but hadn't clicked that Domiziana also appeared on a BJSC song I had given points to in 'Ohne Benzin'. I got the same email about D-Block Europe laugh.gif 'Sun Comes Up' and 'I Might Be Fake' are both great - shame about Radio 1 causing the BJSC veto for the latter as that might have done quite well!

This post has been edited by jimwatts: 11th January 2024, 10:31 PM

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 07:50 PM