BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> GLORY - OFFICIAL ALBUM RATE
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tyler
post Sep 8 2016, 12:08 AM
Post #1
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67

GLORY ALBUM RATE
Banner made by John-James

Welcome to Buzzjack's first official rate of Britney's latest album, "Glory". Here are some rules;

-Do NOT leave a track unrated. The album is available on all streaming services, YouTube, soundcloud, etc. We all want a clear result. And let's face it, some of Britney's best music comes from bonus tracks and non singles. If you are a fan of pop music, widen your (soon to be even more) awesome playlists.
-You may give your favorite (ONE) track an 11.
-You may give your least favorite (ONE) track a negative one.
-Do NOT edit your rates after an hour of posting them. That leaves you an hour to correct mis types and change your scores. If edited after the first hour, your original scores will not be changed. I'm recording the votes as they get posted so let's keep this simple.
-The rate closes at 12:00 AM September 25th

-THOSE WHO LEAVE A COMMENTARY (2-3 sentences for at least every track) will be entered into winning a physical copy of Britney's 'Glory' (Japan Deluxe Edition). I'll be picking a winner for each comp that happens until the release. If you use a streaming service on Spotify or iTunes I will also buy a month membership for one of those sites, if preferred.

PLEASE RATE IN THIS FORMAT, WITH SCORES REPLACING THE "00's"

00. Invitation
00. Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
00. Private Show
00. Man On The Moon
00. Just Luv Me
00. Clumsy
00. Do You Wanna Come Over?
00. Slumber Party
00. Just Like Me
00. Love Me Down
00. Hard To Forget You
00. What You Need
00. Better
00. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
00. Liar
00. If I'm Dancing
00. Coupre Electrique
05. Moodring

MOODRING HAS NOT YET LEAKED/ BEEN MADE AVAILABLE. PLEASE EDIT IN YOUR SCORE FOR THE SONG ONCE MADE AVAILABLE! UNTIL THEN, LEAVE THE SCORE OF 05/10 NEXT TO THE ENTRY.

-I will send reminder messages to those that haven't edited it in within 72 hours of the rate closing. If you don't edit the score it will stay at a score of 5. AGAIN, do NOT edit any other scores (after an hour of posting) without notifying me, I'm putting in scores as they are posted!

Happy rating, guys!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Sep 8 2016, 12:09 AM
Post #2
Group icon
(Also, we have not chosen a banner winner! I chose one with random.org out of the ones posted in the AF Banner thread!)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 8 2016, 12:27 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Excited. WHAT A PRIZE THOUGH *.*

Also, you might think "it's far too soon for this" but it's kinda the point. We wanted to get rates as fresh as possible (without being TOO loony) so that we can compare them to when we do another rate of the album in like 8 months or so! So we can see if peoples opinions change on certain songs etc.. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Sep 8 2016, 12:30 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Exactly! We will be saving the averages and scores to do a conparison rate around November/December. Whenever we get done doing the 'Circus' rate that Bal has been PATIENTLY waiting on for over a year! heart.gif

+Quote this post
post Sep 8 2016, 01:00 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
09. Invitation
11. Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
06. Private Show
08. Man On The Moon
10. Just Luv Me
05. Clumsy
08. Do You Wanna Come Over?
9.5. Slumber Party
06. Just Like Me
07. Love Me Down
07. Hard To Forget You
04. What You Need
10 Better
09. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
09. Liar
09. If I'm Dancing
09. Coupre Electrique
02.5 Moodring

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Sep 8 2016, 04:38 PM
Post #6
Group icon
'What You Need' only a 4?!? drama.gif

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Sep 8 2016, 04:40 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
What you need is so good girls...it just shows a different side of Britney and she actually does it very well. It's my bf's fave along Clumsy, Liar and Make Me

+Quote this post
Regina
post Sep 8 2016, 04:44 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572
6.5. Invitation
06. Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
04. Private Show
10. Man On The Moon
08. Just Luv Me
08. Clumsy
10. Do You Wanna Come Over?
08. Slumber Party
11. Just Like Me
7.5. Love Me Down
5.5. Hard To Forget You
5.5. What You Need
07. Better
09. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
10. Liar
10. If I'm Dancing
07. Coupre Electrique
09. Moodring

This post has been edited by Regina: Sep 23 2016, 09:59 AM

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Sep 8 2016, 04:46 PM
Post #9
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
08. Invitation
06. Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
03. Private Show
05. Man On The Moon
11. Just Luv Me
10. Clumsy
09. Slumber Party
08. Just Like Me
10. Love Me Down
07. Hard To Forget You
02. What You Need
08. Better
07. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
10. Liar
03. If I'm Dancing
10. Coupre Electrique
09. Moodring

This post has been edited by Andr00w: Sep 23 2016, 01:48 AM

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Sep 8 2016, 04:48 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Agreed. WYN is seriously her best vocals since 'Everytime'. Different kind of vocals but still an amazing surprise and a great closer for the standard album!

+Quote this post
Addy!
post Sep 8 2016, 04:51 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666
Regina, really 0's

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Sep 8 2016, 04:52 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
09. Invitation
07. Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
03. Private Show
10. Man On The Moon
10. Just Luv Me
08.5. Clumsy
11. Do You Wanna Come Over?
08.5. Slumber Party
07. Just Like Me
08. Love Me Down
07. Hard To Forget You
07. What You Need
07.5. Better
10. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
10. Liar
09. If I'm Dancing
06.5. Coupre Electrique
07. Moodring

+Quote this post
152chris
post Sep 8 2016, 05:07 PM
Post #13
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105
08. Invitation
05. Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
00. Private Show
05. Man On The Moon
10. Just Luv Me
09. Clumsy
05. Slumber Party
06. Just Like Me
07. Love Me Down
08. Hard To Forget You
03. What You Need
09. Better
11. Liar
09. If I'm Dancing
09. Coupure Electrique
05. Moodring

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 8 2016, 05:55 PM
Post #14
Group icon
09.0 Invitation
> WHAT AN OPENER. Quite possibly one of my absolute favourite album openers! It really sets the mood of the album and sets the tone incredibly well. 'Gimme More' was an iconic opener for the opening line alone, but I think this track really excels as a whole, as the opener. I also love that it's an actual track too and not just used as some "intro". <

10.0 Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
> Absolutely love this. No idea where it ranks in my Britney ranks, but it's definitely up there and I think it'll age extremely well too! Just like most of this album! A brave choice to go with this as a lead single over a predictable pop banger, but I applaud that. Especially when the song is THIS good! Really think G-Eazy fits great on it too <

06.5 Private Show
> I like this, but it's nowhere near one of my favourites. Her vocals grate on me slightly on this track, but I do love how fun and cute it is! <

09.5 Man On The Moon
> Absolutely loving this. It's like 'Trip To Your Heart''s mature older sister! It's stunning. Really not sure if it'd work as a single, but that doesn't matter. Love how cute and atmospheric it is. <

10.0 Just Luv Me
> What I love the most about this track is how delicate everything is. Everything from the production right down to her heartbreaking vocals! I think they've got this bang on in terms of bringing Britney right up to date and going with the trends and succeeding at it etc.. <

08.0 Clumsy
> OK. On initial response, this was MY JAM. But in the context of the album and hearing how many songs are just that much better, this has kinda fallen in my affections. However, it's still a banger! *.* <

10.0 Do You Wanna Come Over?
> I remember when 'Clumsy' premiered, people/reviewers were raving that it's the real, club banger on the album... I think DYWCO? takes that crown with ease! This is definitely the sort of track I could see bringing Britney back in the UK publics affections. Such a stormer of a track! <

09.0 Slumber Party
> Not one of my initial faves, but it's growing and I can definitely see it as a single at some point. Love the production on this and how surprisingly subtle and not cheesy it is (when I first read the title, I was fearing something incredibly corny)! <

09.0 Just Like Me
> Really don't understand why people rank this so low? Not one of my "highlights", but definitely around the upper mid-table area for me. I love how scalding this track is. Why would you want to settle for someone who looks like Brit, when you HAD HER RIGHT THERE!??!? <

10.0 Love Me Down
> Absolutely ADORE this track. Especially as it sounds very similar to one of my songs of the year (Margaret - Cool Me Down) Such a brilliant, reggae-infused, pop banger. <

08.5 Hard To Forget You
> This is probably the song which is growing the fastest on me. Really loving her attitude on this. Serving me 'Do Something' teas with her delivery and obviously I mean that in the best way possible. Don't think I'm going to be tiring of it anytime soon! <

08.5 What You Need
This does the whole angsty, retro, 60's stuff a LOT better than 'Private Show'! Her vocals really give me life on this one and it's getting better the more I listen to it. A great end to the standard album, imo. Going from 'Invitation' and climaxing with this is a journey in itself! <

08.0 Better
> YES BRIT. Grab that relevant sound and OWN it. Kind of sad that this won't be a huge hit, despite it sounding a lot like one of those massive streaming hits we have right now (and doing it BETTER - pun half intended - too!) Ah well. At least we have a taster on what a potential Major Lazer collab could sound like. <

09.0 Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
> I think I read that Selena rejected this one for 'Revival'. IS SHE MAD!? This is a TUNE and it'd suit her to a T. But hey, her loss is our gain! Bilingualney is something I didn't know we needed so much of but we need MORE (and I'm loving how much of that we got with this album!) This is extremely catchy and I could see it oddly catching on if it was to be made as a single! <

11.0 Liar
> BY FAR MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE. IDC if people are beginning to find it "overrated", but I lose my shit to this EVERY DAMN TIME. It's so WONDERFUL. Such an amazing "FUCK YOU" track! In my top 10 Britney tracks ever already and I'm not even apologising! THIS IS THE POPNEY I HAVE WANTED.<

10.0 If I'm Dancing
> Such an infectious, hypnotic bop! I honestly think that this would also be a huge hit if it was to be a single. Especially if the whole meme was to take off properly around the same time! If you've not seen the meme's yet... YOU'RE REALLY MISSING OUT, SERIOUSLY! Certified BANGER. <

08.0 Coupure Electrique
> What a wonderful surprise. Made even more special due to knowing what that phrase translates to! Love the chilled out vibe to it and love how it's entirely in French! SLAY US LANGUAGENEY! <

09.0 Mood Ring
> I just CAN'T at the idea that this was only a Japanese, bonus track!! It's so gorgeous. So sensual. It reminds me of the sort of thing Tinashe should be doing instead of the stuff she has atm. I think it's definitely more in line with 'Aquarius' than anything she's done this era so far. But hey, her loss is Britney's gain!! wub.gif <

---

What an album though. I am still struggling to actually listen to anything else! I can't believe that we've been given the album we've been after, since after 'Blackout'!

+Quote this post
Nick Jonas
post Sep 8 2016, 05:59 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,481
08. Invitation
09. Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
07. Private Show
10. Man On The Moon
09. Just Luv Me
09. Clumsy
10. Slumber Party
09. Just Like Me
10. Love Me Down
10. Hard To Forget You
08. What You Need
10. Better
11. Liar
10. If I'm Dancing
10. Coupre Electrique
05. Moodring

WHAT AN ALBUM!! wub.gif wub.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 8 2016, 06:03 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Remember guys and gals...

-THOSE WHO LEAVE A COMMENTARY (2-3 sentences for at least every track) will be entered into winning a physical copy of Britney's 'Glory' (Japan Deluxe Edition). I'll be picking a winner for each comp that happens until the release. If you use a streaming service on Spotify or iTunes I will also buy a month membership for one of those sites, if preferred.
And just like the 'Femme Fatale' rate, you can edit your commentary in at a later date if you wanted to! (If you edit any scores, let us know with a separate post, please!)

MERCI BEAUCOUP.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post Sep 8 2016, 06:05 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
08 Invitation
10 Make Me (feat. G-Eazy)
00 Private Show
05 Man on the Moon
09 Just Luv Me
04 Clumsy
09 Do You Wanna Come Over?
07 Slumber Party
05 Just Like Me
04 Love Me Down
02 Hard To Forget You
01 What You Need
06 Better
08 Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)
05 Liar
09 If I'm Dancing
07 Coupure Electrique
10 Moodring

This post has been edited by blacksquare: Sep 13 2016, 04:08 PM

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Sep 8 2016, 06:36 PM
Post #18
Group icon
09. Invitation
-Stunning opener. I live for the breathy runs through out the song, it really makes the song. This is also probably the track with her most processed vocals, but it really adds a lot. My favorite opener after "It's Britney, bitch!"

10. Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)
- The music video really tried to water down how amazing this track really is, but, I have snapped back. That guitar in the production is absolutely sublime and her falsetto is ON point, never thought we would hear that from again! I'm not usually a fan of rapper features, but, I actually really appreciate G-Eazy's verse.

08.5. Private Show
- Okay, I don't care what they say, I'm in love with you. The "Work it, work it" verses and that ending are so delightfully wacky! Reminds me of the material she was recording for 'The Original Doll'.

10. Man On The Moon
- EUPHORIC! I feel as if this is almost getting lost in the many amazing tracks on 'Glory', but it's amazing and single worthy. It reminds me of a mature take on BTMYH and Lucky.

11. Just Luv Me
- Amazing. Stunning. Perfect. The lyrics, production and flow of the song are just all on point, it's crazy. My favorite thing from her since 'Amnesia'. I need a CLASSIC BRITNEY VIDEO for this! Please! We need an uptempo for the next single, but, this NEEDS to be the third single.

07.5 Clumsy
- This goes between a 7 and 8 very frequently. Love her vocals and adore the "oops". The piano is the main reason this is a 7.5 instead of 7. The breakdown is a bit messy IMO, though.

9.5. Do You Wanna Come Over?
- Living for that guitar and bridge. I've seen some people complain about the male voice, but I think it adds more layers to the song and compliments it well. I also think the male vocals will make this appeal to more than just her usual audience.

08.5. Slumber Party
- Even though I prefer DYWCO, I feel like this would smash it as a second single and open the era up for more than 3 singles. The "ooh ooh ooh" repeated in the chorus ALWAYS gets stuck in my head.

06. Just Like Me
- One of the weakest tracks on the album, it gets lost in all the more superior tracks. I love hearing her stripped down and if I was judging just off verses and the pre-chorus, I would rate it about an 8, but the chorus is just underwhelming. I feel like I finally understand what Jonathan was feeling when he described 'Inside Out'. It does still add a nice change in pace for the album tho.

10. Love Me Down
- This is just one of those songs that refuses to stop growing. The details in the production are FANTASTIC. The 'Fancy' keyboard beat, along with a blissful tropical breeze of orgasm, I mean production. And the "HOOO's" in the background. This is what Pretty Girl's wanted to be.

07. Hard To Forget You
- THE SEVEN IS FOR THAT BRIDGE THAT REMINDS ME OF MANDY MOORE'S, "CANDY". The chorus is a bit to plain for it to be scored any higher though, but if this is filler than LORD HELP.

09. What You Need
- YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. That is all, rip to haters of this song. I'll keep u in my prayers.

05.5. Better
- Meh. If this was on 'Britney Jean' album it would probably get a much higher score. The "ohhh-woahs" in the chorus kind of get on my nerves. Feel free to judge me.

- The curse of the bonus tracks. This is her 'La Isla Bonita'! The chorus makes me want to run away to Mexico. Idk what I'd do once I got there? Probably twerk and talk shit about Trump.

10. Liar
- f***. This is just so good. It's classic noughties pop! The western tinge really gives it a more modern feel. I feel like this was peeled from the 'Britney' era. wub.gif I'm the guy at the stop light blaring this and making Chris Crocker look sane.

11 10. If I'm Dancing
- This, Just Luv Me and Liar, CONSTANTLY switch out as my fave, though I think JLM is cementing its place. THIS IS AMNESIA'S LESS INNOCENT SISTER ON MOLLY. This would be my perfect choice as single 2, followed by JLM, Liar, MOTM and DYWCO. Idk, I love this album way too much. Jk, that's impossible.

08. Coupre Electrique
- Amazing closer, fantastic tribute to 'Blackout'. The remixes coming out for this are STELLAR.

08.5 Moodring

OVERALL SCORE: 8.798

In comparison 'Blackout' is still my #1 album with an overall score of, 8.958, while 'In The Zone' has been moved down a notch to #3 with an average score of 8.522. There is a bit of a drop between that and my fourth fave (FF) which averages out at 7.791.

Lowest is BJ at 5.847.

This post has been edited by Mac n' Cheese 🧀: Sep 23 2016, 09:12 AM

+Quote this post
John-James
post Sep 8 2016, 07:19 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 20,665
11.0 Invitation

I love love love this song! My favourite song. It's a shame that its underrated. I just love how dreamy and ethereal the production and Britneys vocals are. It made me very happy that she said the song was inspired by Selena because I love her too.

10.0 Make Me (Ft. G-Eazy)

I am a huge G-Eazy but thats not the reason I adore this song. Funnily enough Britney's leads are never in my Top 3 (except GM) but this is probably my second favourite. What a brilliant job they did picking the lead single. The production is current and chorus is hypnotising. Shame about the video!

1.0 Private Show

I can't stand this song sorry kink.gif I love that Britney felt confident enough to show off her vocals a bit on this song so I really applaud her for that but I'm just not a big fan of this type of music, a bit too Meghan Trainor for me.

7.0 Man On The Moon

I like the vocal effect she uses on this song. The prechorus is amazing, the beats in the background get me so pumped. The chorus is nice but nothing outstanding. It's a cute song but not one of my favourites.

8.5. Just Luv Me

Such a well produced single! I must admit, the chorus does lack a little bit of a punch which make me think it would be risky as a single but I also think it has the potential to be a huge grower! It's very current and different to what Britney has done before. So random but I love the final 'Just Luv Me' in the chorus, how the intonation is lower than the previous ones.

4.0 Clumsy

Probably my second least fave behind Private Show. The song isn't bad to be honest, it's just been done before many times so I find it a bit dull personally. The breakdown is pretty weak but still catchy so I'll give it that. It's a harmless pop song.

5.0 Do You Wanna Come Over?

I reallyyyyy want to love this song but I can't get into it as much as I'd like. It's got a classic Britney sound to it but I just can't get past that annoying male voice in the chorus (Focus teas). Thankfully the chorus is not the whole song and there are some redeeming factors like the verses which I love.

9.0 Slumber Party

Such a feel good song. I love the reggae sounds and the chorus is sensational. The melody of the chorus will get stuck in my head whenever I listen to. I really hope this is made a single at some point, I could imagine such a HOT music video.

9.0 Just Like Me

I actually really love this. It's got a really nice chilled feel to it and I love Britney's vocals. I love to see her try some acoustic infused pop tracks, she pulls them off well.

9.0 Love Me Down

What a bop! This was in my Top 3 when I first listened to it but now I'd say Top 5. This would also make a great single. The production is awesome and chorus is so catchy. I could imagine this sounding amazing in the club! Just makes you want to dance!

6.5. Hard To Forget You

Cute pop song with a catchy chorus. Doesn't stand out for me and can be quite forgettable (how ironic haha!) but when I do listen to it I really enjoy it.

7.0 What You Need

I remember a lot of people saying this was there least fave but I really like it! I really shouldn't to be honest because if anyone else sang it I'd probably hate it but it just really woks for Britney. Yes it's quite repetitive but at the same time it's incredibly catchy.

7.5. Better

I love this, the productions sounds like it could have been a song by Major Lazer or DJ Snake which means it could probably do well as a single. The breakdown is really interesting and I love the whole distorted sound, it works really well.

7.5. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)

Slay me with that Spanish Brit! I wasn't sure if the Spanish would sound a bit forced/disjointed when I saw the title but it works well and fits perfectly with the melody of the chorus. The breakdown is amazing and has almost Latin feel to it. Another song which would sound brilliant if blasted at a club!

7.5. Liar

I wasn't sure about this at first. I liked it but I didn't think much of it. The song is such a grower and the chorus is so cleverly created. The song reminds me of something so much and I still can't think what it is! I love love love Britney's vocals when she goes "LIAR LIAR"!

9.5. If I'm Dancing

The start of this song....yessssss! This song has one of the strongest melodies on the whole album, you just want to dance!! All those vines made me love the song even more, the instrumental is incredible, such a bop!

6.0 Coupre Electrique

Celine who!? This is such an interesting song and I just love the fact she named the song Blackout! I can't give the song a high score but its just not long enough and lacks a proper structure but I love that she did something different and it's nice to hear her in French!

9.0 Moodring

Wow this is really something special. In terms of production, one of the most current and interesting songs she has done. Britney's team are stupid AF for not putting this on the standard. This should be a single contender but I doubt it considering it's absence from the album in the rest of the world. Shame.

This post has been edited by John-James: Sep 13 2016, 07:21 PM

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Sep 8 2016, 08:07 PM
Post #20
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
I've done down to and including DYWCO? and will stop for now, I want to make sure I'm fully motivated for the entire thing rather than typing shitty reviews for the end tracks cause I'm tired laugh.gif but my review is in progress! *.*

+Quote this post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:09 PM