BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)
If you have forgotten your password and a recovery email has not arrived, please click here to send us an email.

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 135 · results, final table / spreadsheets page 13
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Doctor Blind
post 28th May 2021, 10:41 PM
Post #281
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

QUOTE(✖ leww ✖ @ May 28 2021, 11:33 PM) *
wub.gif

if that's what people perceive my sound to be like then i am flattered! what an excellent entry - thank you so much for the discovery and easily the best thing sent to any BJSC contest this year.

No problem - and yeah, deffo ur sound. I felt like a bit of an Aeroche imposter sending it instead, and I clearly am a big fan because u are top of the CUMUvotes although I think FSR Rontvia has recently discovered the same golden formula!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 28th May 2021, 10:41 PM
Post #282
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

Amazing hosting Jake and congrats wub.gif

+Quote this post
Brer
post 28th May 2021, 11:21 PM
Post #283
Group icon
ein Hoch auf die Jugend, zum Glück ist sie vorbei
User: 8,300

QUOTE(UltraSour4u @ May 28 2021, 11:34 PM) *
That was v disappointing after the odds (I would’ve accepted 14th but that further push down after the results were checked 😭). Glad some of y’all made a discovery out of it tho ❤️❤️

and I oop

(the difference between it being 14th and 22nd was only 15 points though, just a very packed and close set of results again - also indicating you probably would have had a good shot at being top 15 if Oslol and/or Taahino had voted oops)

+Quote this post
Brer
post 28th May 2021, 11:27 PM
Post #284
Group icon
ein Hoch auf die Jugend, zum Glück ist sie vorbei
User: 8,300

QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ May 28 2021, 11:29 PM) *
Oh, haha- I had actually joked that you'd be the first (and only person) to spot the Alicia Keys sample in there - slightly shocked but happy you didn't actually spot it initially as it makes it probably a lot less veto worthy than I was worried about it being. Really pleased that you and so many others enjoyed it though, especially Leww who basically I sent it for because it had Aeroche BANGAH written all over it. *.*

IIRC it wasn't me who did the veto research for this particular song but as it were the sample isn't registered on whosampled.com so it'd probably have slipped under my radar regardless! And I clearly just don't know the lyrics of 'No One' well enough to recognise them out of context laugh.gif

(and anyway it was far from the most egregious sample usage in this contest *cough* Kluminican Republic - the sample use in 'You Can Stay Forever' is a little reminiscent of another great BJSC entry 'Die' by Fla.mingo which flipped a Gaga song iirc, plus we had a Terra Avium entry a while ago which sampled Rihanna's 'Where Have You Been', as long as songs are doing something creative and not just being carbon copies then covers/samples aren't really a big deal)

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 28th May 2021, 11:54 PM
Post #285
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

Thanks FARC for being our hosts thus contest, and thank you also to the 22 people who gave points to Zanmatony in the final! biggrin.gif
QUOTE(King Rollo @ May 27 2021, 09:43 PM) *
An 18 point swap with Zanmatony! Thanks Wardy. cheer.gif

This was very pleasing to see, and thank you Rollo for your generosity, surprisingly I only gave you 3 points in the Semi final! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 2nd June 2021, 09:48 AM
Post #286
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Aeroche & Seyetana both top 3, excellent! wub.gif not a fan of the winning song though unfortunately, was no Hopeless Dreams (or Parvaz Kon for that matter).

Already set on my next entry so look forward to 136.

+Quote this post

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd September 2024, 01:05 PM