BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jackie, Natalie Portman
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Oct 6 2016, 03:13 PM
Post #1
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

Received excellent reviews at all the festivals for the film itself as well as the apparently excellent performance from Natalie Portman as the title character. This could be her shot at getting a second Oscar and the trailer is promising so I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully, a UK release date will be announced soon.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Oct 6 2016, 03:53 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 2,666

Yes can't wait for this...I love to watch anything that Natalie plays wub.gif

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Jan 22 2017, 08:44 PM
Post #3
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Natalie is excellent and really deserves the Oscar from what I've seen so far (but I haven't seen "Elle" yet). She embodies Jackie so well and really owns the movie. The movie itself felt a bit 'light' on actual plot to me, due to the nature of it as a biopic, so that prevented me from fully investing.

Hope it gets recognised for cinematography too as that was the other highlight, but parts of the score I found rather unpleasant.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jan 28 2017, 11:19 AM
Post #4
c:
Member No.: 20,692

Agree with Jahq that the film itself is pretty lacking and even a little on the boring side as there isn't much going on to fill the whole runtime really. There were still some good scenes, I liked all of the interview scenes especially and found those very interesting to watch but there were a few too many slow moments in the middle to fully maintain my attention.

On the other hand, Natalie Portman was phenomenal in this and easily my favourite female performance of the year so far. You completely forgot you were watching actress and not real footage in some moments. I liked Emma Stone a lot in La La Land too but it was hardly the most demanding role and not much we haven't seen from her before in her rom-coms. A bit annoying that she's the favourite mainly because the film is so popular this year but this performance was far stronger and I imagine Negga/Huppert have a lot more to do in their roles too.

I agree with Jahq too that the cinematography was gorgeous and a bit gutted it didn't get the Oscar recognition for that category. I actually really liked the score too though, at times it felt almost like a hororr movie soundtrack and it made a lot of moments a lot more tense, glad Mica Levi was able to get a nomination for her work there!

+Quote Post
Laura130262
post Mar 5 2017, 05:59 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,265
   No Gallery Pics

I watched this film a few weeks back. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially where they combined the documentary footage.

I thought Natalie Portman was excellent. A fascinating time in US politics.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:21 PM