BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Blond Ambition ● Upcoming movie on M's early music career
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post 25th April 2017, 06:23 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Blond Ambition, movie based on Madonna's early years in music to be released by Universal Pictures
25 April 2017 | By Jack White

Blond Ambition has Fifty Shades of Grey's producer on board.

What are you looking at?

We'll soon be staring at a huge film screen with our popcorn and slushie in the cinema as Universal Pictures have announced a new project related to Madonna.

The Hollywood Reporter exclusively revealed that Blond Ambition will chronicle the Queen of Pop's early years in music when she was creating her debut, self-titled album.

Blond Ambition topped 2016's Black List, a countdown of the best screenplays that had yet to find a production team, but that said creative force for Elyse Hollander's script have been found. Fifty Shades of Grey's Michael De Luca has signed on, while RatPac Entertainment's Brett Ratner - who directed Madge's Beautiful Stranger video from 1999 - is also producing.

The movie's synopsis will see Madonna Louise Ciccone in New York, juggling her big break in the industry with a developing love life, while she will also battle industry sexism. We're Frozen with anticipation for this.

Madonna's debut album peaked at Number 6 in the UK, and spawned the two Top 40 singles Holiday and Lucky Star. It was from there that the iconic US star began to propel to mega-stardom; three of her next four albums hit Number 1 and her next 10 singles hit the Official Singles Chart's Top 5.

All-in-all, Madonna has so far accrued a whopping 13 Number 1 singles and 63 Top 10 hits, and she's struck Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart a huge 12 times, the most ever recorded for a female artist. View Madonna's full UK singles and albums chart history.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 26th April 2017, 11:49 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
So Madonna has responded with this on her insta:

Nobody knows what I know and what I have seen. Only I can tell my story. Anyone else who tries is a charlatan and a fool. 🤡. Looking for instant gratification without doing the work. This is a disease in our society.

Seems odd that they wouldn't have approached Madonna and get her on board before putting the wheels into motion. Not only would you think you'd need permission for legal reasons and what not, but surely you'd just get a much more accurate and insightful movie if you had the actual subject of the film being able to tell you what happened?

+Quote this post
vibe
post 26th April 2017, 06:02 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
I have read the script , I was not entertained. Lots of inaccuracies too.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 27th April 2017, 02:47 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Yeah, I saw a snippet of the script too; does need some work!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 27th April 2017, 06:05 PM
Post #5
Group icon
User: 13,007
She'll surely fight this tooth and nail until release, but what can she realistically do?

I'll be intrigued to check it out regardless but it's not going to be accurate. I wish we could get a full official one as approved by her!

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 27th April 2017, 06:28 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I've heard that she'll be able to refuse them rights to using her music (which would spoil things for them, somewhat) but I don't think she'll be able to stop the film from being made, not if they clearly didn't need her permission in the first place.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 27th April 2017, 07:50 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
They will use her recordings from The Breakfast Club and Emmy I would guess.

But I doubt they will be able to use anything from her debut ?!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 06:49 AM