BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
16 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sigala & Kylie ● What You Waiting For?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
___∆___
post 29th October 2018, 03:52 PM
Post #241
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

The fact that Sigala’s album is showing some signs of life and hasn’t totally bombed out of the charts (14-33-41-45...) gives me a glimmer of hope that MOS/Sony will want to try and revive the album in the New Year with the Kylie collab.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 29th October 2018, 04:03 PM
Post #242
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I hope so and that they release it and promote it too.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 2nd November 2018, 05:39 PM
Post #243
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515

Think it is a good sign that this song is 2nd on her Spotify Collection of the Complete Kylie only her Savoretti duet is ahead. Looks set for a January release

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 2nd November 2018, 06:41 PM
Post #244
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

The only reason What You Waiting For is second in Kylie's playlist is because it's her second most recently released song. This in itself doesn't indicate anything about the likelihood of it getting the single treatment.

I'm not sure why January is continually mentioned in this thread, where did that come from? If you Google search it, the only search result that comes up referencing January is... this thread magic.gif

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 2nd November 2018, 06:55 PM
Post #245
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Nov 2 2018, 06:41 PM) *
The only reason What You Waiting For is second in Kylie's playlist is because it's her second most recently released song. This in itself doesn't indicate anything about the likelihood of it getting the single treatment.

I'm not sure why January is continually mentioned in this thread, where did that come from? If you Google search it, the only search result that comes up referencing January is... this thread magic.gif

There’s an article from The Sun (I think?) that was posted here about Kylie and the fact she has a busy time coming up - WYWF was mentioned then as a NY/January release.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 2nd November 2018, 07:10 PM
Post #246
Group icon

Hmm I've searched on The Sun (and also the Daily Star which was mentioned earlier in the thread) but I can't find any reference to it. sad.gif

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 2nd November 2018, 08:24 PM
Post #247
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Yes it was an article. They said Music too sad last single in Nov and Dec and Sigala track promo in January.

The track is 2nd is an indicator they want to get some streams ready, not because it was released 2nd from last

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 2nd November 2018, 09:41 PM
Post #248
Group icon

QUOTE(SmileyKylie @ Nov 2 2018, 08:24 PM) *
Yes it was an article. They said Music too sad last single in Nov and Dec and Sigala track promo in January.

Any receipts? The article seemingly wasn't linked to here, and it can't be found via a Google search. January wasn't ever mentioned in the main Kylie threads on Popjustice.

Music Week was the first to confirm Music's Too Sad Without You being a single, in an article published on 1st October. It was released on 15th October.

QUOTE(SmileyKylie @ Nov 2 2018, 08:24 PM) *
The track is 2nd is an indicator they want to get some streams ready, not because it was released 2nd from last

No, it really isn't. It's simply the second most recent song added to the play list, as can be seen from the "date added".

It moved down when the Edit of Music's Too Sad Without You was added to the playlist. It doesn't mean anything about getting streams ready for this mythical January release, that's just you reading into things without any basis for it. It's Sigala's song and he's not giving it any sort of push on his own page.

Even though Golden Weiss Remix was released a week after A Lifetime to Repair Edit, they placed A Lifetime to Repair above it due to obvious reasons, it being the current single.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 2nd November 2018, 11:45 PM
Post #249
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

It really does........

They could have put it 55th but didn't. They put a none Kylie Golden track at number 2 ...... If it wasn't mportant they would have put it below all the Golden track's. What I am saying is, it hasn't been tucked away and forgotten about

It's not mythical. Zzzzz I don't make up mythical articles otherwise I would make up much more interesting fake news

Article https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/71026...-skinner-fling/

This post has been edited by SmileyKylie: 2nd November 2018, 11:59 PM

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 3rd November 2018, 12:03 AM
Post #250
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

It's pretty fair to ask for a reference though? It's not meant to be an attack on you or anything.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 3rd November 2018, 01:07 AM
Post #251
Group icon

Thanks for finding the article. Yeah, I wasn't accusing anyone of making things up, I was just after a source and I couldn't find it! And the reason I couldn't find it is because it doesn't mention January, which is the term I searched for. (I appreciate that ___∆___ was right in remembering that it referenced NY though).

Things could well have changed since that was published, after all it claims this: "Kylie will be scaling back her workload to spend more time with new love Paul Solomons" / "After that, with the exception of a couple of carefully selected brand endorsements, Kylie will concentrate on making sweet music with Paul." - but we know that a Greatest Hits album is coming in 2019, which is the opposite of scaling back her workload.

I think we should at least wait for official confirmation from Sigala and Kylie (if it ever comes), rather than take The Sun's word as being gospel. It is a bit misleading to refer to January as if it's something that is set in stone; I don't think I'm out of line to refer to January as being mythical when that month or even the song becoming a single has not been officially confirmed. It wasn't meant to be taken personally.

QUOTE(SmileyKylie @ Nov 2 2018, 11:45 PM) *
It really does........

They could have put it 55th but didn't. They put a none Kylie Golden track at number 2 ...... If it wasn't mportant they would have put it below all the Golden track's. What I am saying is, it hasn't been tucked away and forgotten about

Everything is in date order, bar the aforementioned Golden mix / A Lifetime to Repair Edit.

The first songs added to the playlist were the majority of her singles and album tracks, that occurred on 1st May.

It was updated on 21st June to include the newer version of the Golden album with the Gente De Zona mix of Stop Me From Falling. This is placed above all the 1st May tracks.

A Lifetime to Repair Edit - 17th August. Golden Weiss Mix - 24th August, positioned one below Lifetime so that Lifetime was most prominent. Both placed above Golden album.

Sigala track - 28th September, i.e. the date the Brighter Days album came out. Placed higher than all the tracks previously added to the play list.

Music's Too Sad Without You - 15th October. On top of the play list.

It's quite clear (to me, at least) that the play list is edited by having her freshest releases at the top, nothing deeper than that. Not some kind of strategic move for What You Waiting For to benefit from it in 2 months from now. It was just added on top of the playlist on Sigala's album release date because it was the newest Kylie track at that moment.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 3rd November 2018, 09:00 AM
Post #252
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Well the article said back in August they Music too Sad would be an Winter\Xmas release and ..... It's happening so..... Let's see what else comes out

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 13th December 2018, 08:11 PM
Post #253
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Good to see that on her updated Spotify Playlist At Christmas & Greatest Hits she has left the Sigala track high up, i think at number 7. Its a good sign.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 18th December 2018, 07:48 PM
Post #254
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Nice to see her tweeting about the track and the Spotify link ......

getting us ready?

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 18th December 2018, 08:27 PM
Post #255
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Yeah I noticed that too! Could be right.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 18th December 2018, 08:29 PM
Post #256
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I personally love it and it will get some streaming support and club remixes etc.....

He will want to keep his album going as it has sold 24k so far i think.

He has a big new years eve bash no ? so maybe we could see sometihng released Friday the 28th ???

who knows.....

it is also still high up in her Greatest Hits Spotify list........

has anyone got that footage of her singing the track behind the scenes at Golden concert...... loved it.

This post has been edited by SmileyKylie: 18th December 2018, 08:30 PM

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 18th December 2018, 08:40 PM
Post #257
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I'm still rinsing this track, I'd really love to see it pushed.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 19th December 2018, 04:44 AM
Post #258
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I hope it gets pushed to as it's not a bad song and it can do nothing but benefit kylie if its pushed.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 19th December 2018, 10:35 AM
Post #259
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I think after today's Glastonbury announcement they will definitely push this now. I think the next 6 on the will be busy for her then relax after her summer concerts

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 19th December 2018, 04:49 PM
Post #260
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

I don’t care either way if WYWF gets a push or not but I’m sure MOS will be keen to do so - Dance tracks generally do well in January as people seek out new music and I’m sure Sigala’s label will be disappointed with his album performance so far - ideal for them to push the track and attempt to revive the album whilst also having the benefit of Kylie who’s had a successful year and about to embark on an even bigger one.

+Quote this post

16 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:36 AM