BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> American Horror Story: Cult, Season 7 | What's the thing that scares you the most?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Cowboy Cody
post Apr 26 2017, 06:48 AM
Post #1
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
And to think this was just a meme a few months ago

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed...-7-theme-976642
Ryan Murphy is pulling inspiration straight from the 2016 presidential election for the next season of American Horror Story.

During an appearance on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen, the prolific producer revealed that season seven of the FX anthology series will tackle the Nov. 8 election that saw Donald Trump defeat former first lady and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

The next season "is going to be about the election that we just went through, so I think that will be interesting for a lot of people," Murphy told Cohen while promoting his new FX anthology series, Feud.

When pressed for details from Cohen, particularly whether there will be a character based on President Trump, Murphy responded with a coy "Maybe."

AHS was renewed for two more seasons in January. Series mainstays Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters have already been confirmed to return. Season seven, Murphy also revealed Wednesday, begins shooting in June.

Murphy has been less and less forthcoming about recent seasons of AHS. For season six, 24 teasers touting different themes were created to keep viewers in the dark about the theme.

AHS is one of three anthology dramas Murphy has at FX. Feud, which launches its first season on March 5, centers on the rivalry between actresses Joan Crawford and Bette Davis. American Crime Story, which famously focused on O.J. Simpson's murder trial in season one, is set to tackle several more political topics in upcoming installments. Season two will look at Hurricane Katrina, and ACS producers have also optioned Jeffrey Toobin's book about the Monica Lewinsky scandal, A Vast Conspiracy: The Real Sex Scandal That Nearly Brought Down a President.

AHS wouldn't be the only series to address the most recent presidential election. The upcoming Good Wife spinoff, premiering Sunday, opens with Christine Baranski's character watching President Trump's inauguration. Black-ish discussed the surprising results of the election in a recent episode. South Park has also covered the election frequently.

As for series specifically depicting the president, Scandal famously featured a similar presidential candidate last season in Gregg Henry's character. Meanwhile, Gary Cole played a businessman-turned-politician loosely inspired by Trump in a twice-delayed episode of Law & Order: SVU that has yet to air.
Billy Eichner and Billie Lourd aka CHANEL #3 have also been confirmed

I have never been more hyped to see a WOKE AHS like HOLY CRAP. HE'S HIGHLIGHTING EVERY SINGLE MARGINALIZED COMMUNITY OUT THERE and considering how progressive Ryan is, the commentary will go HARD and NOT HOLD BACK.

Imagine if he got Gaga to recreate her garbage truck protest from that night

LOTTI ARE YOU READY
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
PaulM1983
post Apr 26 2017, 04:11 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 6,471
That article is from back in February. Ryan recently confirmed that the first 10 minutes of the opening episode will feature characters watching the election on TV and it'll be real footage. So, they're not casting a fictional Trump-esque character. He said the season will be about the horrors that happen to the characters on election night and the aftermath of it.

https://www.bustle.com/p/this-is-how-ahs-se...ld-expect-53091

This post has been edited by PaulM1983: Apr 26 2017, 04:14 PM

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jun 27 2017, 06:11 PM
Post #3
Group icon
CONFIRMED CAST MEMBERS:
Sarah Paulson
Evan Peters
Billy Eichner (from Billy On The Street)
Billie Lourd
Leslie Grossman
Adina Porter
Cheyenne Jackson
Colton Haynes

so usual suspects, some new faces, Scream Queens alums (Billie was Chanel #3 and Colton was the dude who ended up dating Chanel #5 but was killed by the Green Meanie), but no Gaga sad.gif

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post Jun 27 2017, 06:57 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043
I believe Gaga's been too busy with filming A Star Is Born sad.gif

+Quote this post
DiamondHeart
post Jun 27 2017, 07:59 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 23,698
QUOTE(jase. @ Jun 27 2017, 07:57 PM) *
I believe Gaga's been too busy with filming A Star Is Born sad.gif

I think she'll be busy until 2018 balancing the Joanne Tour and ASIB (but apparently they've wrapped up!), even then she'll have to promote it. Saying that, I hope she finds some time to appear in season seven, even if it's just a small singular episode role! I love her on AHS!

+Quote this post
Linds.
post Jun 28 2017, 10:13 AM
Post #6
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176
YES ADINA!!! wub.gif

+Quote this post
kye
post Jun 28 2017, 08:25 PM
Post #7
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169
I hope Kathy Bates comes back sad.gif I know that Angela Bassett is doing 911 with Ryan Murphy but I was hoping she'd be in this too.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post Jun 28 2017, 10:02 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
Leslie Grossman!!! Omg I LOVED her in Popular, what a blast from the past wub.gif

+Quote this post
lotita
post Jun 28 2017, 11:10 PM
Post #9
Group icon
feminist icon
User: 21,777
gaga is confirmed not to be appearing sad.gif HYPED for billie tho!!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Jul 21 2017, 05:45 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Beginning September 5, now airing on Tuesdays!

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Jul 21 2017, 06:02 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
I heard she was very wooden on it.

Only Coven was any good. They should do a sequel! House of 7 wooonderrrrs

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Jul 25 2017, 01:28 PM
Post #12
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
QUOTE(MoistSummerFruit @ Jul 22 2017, 02:02 AM) *
Only Coven was any good. They should do a sequel! House of 7 wooonderrrrs

Coven was my least favourite, up until Hotel came about anyway. Lady Gaga ruined it for me with trying too hard to replace Jessica and she was the center of attention an uneccessary amount. Shame as it was quite a star studded season and was otherwise enjoyable.

I'm very looking forward to Cult though, I recently rewatched Asylum and it's hands down my favourite season so far. Freak Show & Roanoke are closely behind. Murder House was great but extremely overhyped and the idea behind everyone romanticising Tate as a serial killer put me off rewatching it again.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jul 25 2017, 01:43 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I felt like for the first 3 or 4 episodes of Hotel Gaga was basically playing herself, but then she grew into her character and you could see the development. In the end she actually really impressed me.

+Quote this post
Dexton
post Aug 7 2017, 11:12 AM
Post #14
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045
Is anyone else pissed off at the fact people are slagging this off saying it's "a season all about the 2016 election" even though the creator of the show himself has stated that the show is merely set at the same time and only features 10 minutes that relate to the election?

+Quote this post
(Zach)
post Sep 4 2017, 01:23 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 18,512
Am I the only one not as excited for this season as I was for the others? It doesn't look scary to me. Looks more like a drama to me than a horror series, at least based on the previews. The visuals have been underwhelming too.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Sep 6 2017, 07:12 AM
Post #16
Group icon
F*CKING CLOWNS. IT HAD TO BE CLOWNS.

+Quote this post
lotita
post Sep 6 2017, 10:31 AM
Post #17
Group icon
feminist icon
CAN'T FIND A LINK sad.gif

+Quote this post
lotita
post Sep 6 2017, 11:22 AM
Post #18
Group icon
feminist icon
oh SHIT what an opener! evan's character is creepy as f*** and i stan billie's so much already oops, she's so fab. WHY CLOWNS THO

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Sep 6 2017, 05:34 PM
Post #19
Group icon
The only thing I didn't like about this episode is the fact that they killed an Asian family for shock value

Also Colton looked scrumptious in that detective uniform!

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 6 2017, 06:56 PM
Post #20
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
I want to watch this ohmy.gif I dont think I need to see the other series in full (I'm only like 5 or something eps into Coven) do I?

+Quote this post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:31 AM