BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> American Horror Story: Cult, Season 7 | What's the thing that scares you the most?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Simon.
post 6th September 2017, 08:51 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Sugar Like Apple Pie
User: 126

Not liking the political sides of it so far, not finished the episode yet but feels a bit much. unsure.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 7th September 2017, 01:17 AM
Post #22
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I've recently got Now TV so I'm waiting for it to go on there tomorrow and watch it properly, can't wait though! Hotel was solid but Roanoke really re-ignited the levels of interest I had watching Murder House, Asylum and Coven. Asylum will never be beaten though obv <3

QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Sep 6 2017, 07:56 PM) *
I want to watch this ohmy.gif I dont think I need to see the other series in full (I'm only like 5 or something eps into Coven) do I?

Nope they're all separate apart from the odd crossover character (and even so these bits aren't integral or anything you'd be confused to hell over if you hadn't seen all the series) so you could watch two at the same time or skip a series then go back to it or whatever. I still haven't properly watched Freak Show all the way nor do I care to laugh.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 7th September 2017, 03:36 PM
Post #23
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Okay so I watched the first episode I quite liked the political-ness however not sure if it will be like the whole season otherwise I feel like it might get a bit much.

Colton as the detective tho tongue.gif

+Quote this post
JB2o2o
post 8th September 2017, 03:41 PM
Post #24
Group icon
New Entry
User: 39,575

the first episode was interesting, I can possibly see how they're going to take the political story lines. I dont trust the babysitter!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 12th September 2017, 03:35 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

I like the political tinge, I think it's gonna just be the first episode though and the cult aspect will be taking over. Either way I don't mind really, someone needs to speak up on it :lol; It's funny because a lot of people on my Twitter moaning about it being political are the ones who tweet about nothing but Trump, so it's fine for them to do it but not a TV series? drama.gif I also love the way they're weaving the clown stuff and Twisty coming back with Ally's phobia of clowns, makes it feel a bit more.... realistic I guess. As realistic as a horror TV series can be laugh.gif

Already stanning Ally, legit me when Trump won LMAOOO

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 12th September 2017, 05:08 PM
Post #26
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

I'm a fan of the political aspect too and I do also hope it isn't the entire season's main plot and it is just to do with the setting like Cody said. I'm not too sure on how I feel about the characters, Winter is the one I'm drawn to the most at the moment. The episode was kind of tame when you think about previous series openers but I've got faith that they will crank it up about ten notches as it goes on.

Also in relation to Cody's point about killing off the Asian neighbours for shock value, I don't think that was the only reason like Trump is very um vocal about how he feels regarding any race that isn't white American right? The same way he is about same sex couples or transgender rights and so many other minorities. The central character atm is a lesbian so she's automatically more in danger in a Trump elected America, as is her partner. The same goes for their neighbours but due to their race rather than their sexuality. I'm guessing the clowns and the Trump fanatics will go hand in hand at somepoint and the fact they were Asian will be meaningful to the actual plot as it would be out of character for AHS to just kill off the minority character for shock value... At meant I'm hoping so.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 12th September 2017, 05:17 PM
Post #27
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

if bees are involved in this next episode I'm done

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 12th September 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(ʟɪɴᴅs. @ Sep 12 2017, 06:08 PM) *
Also in relation to Cody's point about killing off the Asian neighbours for shock value, I don't think that was the only reason like Trump is very um vocal about how he feels regarding any race that isn't white American right? The same way he is about same sex couples or transgender rights and so many other minorities. The central character atm is a lesbian so she's automatically more in danger in a Trump elected America, as is her partner. The same goes for their neighbours but due to their race rather than their sexuality. I'm guessing the clowns and the Trump fanatics will go hand in hand at somepoint and the fact they were Asian will be meaningful to the actual plot as it would be out of character for AHS to just kill off the minority character for shock value... At meant I'm hoping so.

Yeah 100%, it's just taking something very real in the world and very worrying and exaggerating a bit (although not much which is the scary thing drama.gif) so that it still feels all scary and AHS but it's a bit more realistic, I guess it makes it scary that this is all framed within something that's happening in America right now, it's not some back in the past fantasy like Freak Show for example.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 12th September 2017, 06:43 PM
Post #29
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

Yea exactly! Like with Asylum you could just be like oh that was in the 50s, thank God that can't happen now but with Cult you can't really do that

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 12th September 2017, 07:37 PM
Post #30
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

Really enjoyed the opening episode! It's gonna be a great season. Totally agree with Lindsey re: the Asian family getting killed. There will certainly be a point to it.

+Quote this post
post 12th September 2017, 09:26 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Wow, what a great episode. Scarier than IT! And the political tie in is not only clever but very brave! I always feel like every season starts off well (Even Hotel) but something feels different about this, I'm excited for more and glad we weren't too overloaded with characters. Can't wait for Emma Roberts!

When I was in New York last week all the posters for Cult were triggering my trypophobia which I've suffered from for years, and I was wondering why. Turns out Sarah Paulson's character suffers from it too!

+Quote this post
post 12th September 2017, 09:41 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Oh f*** episode 5 is called 'Holes'

sad.gif

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 12th September 2017, 10:25 PM
Post #33
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

Tbh I don't think there's a phobia she doesn't have in this :')

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 13th September 2017, 12:20 AM
Post #34
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I think this was probably the scariest opener I've seen on this show (for what it is, I've actually never found it that scary, more extravagant), those clowns were fucking terrifying and the babysitter scenes were bordering on uncomfortable mellow.gif Very striking opener though, certainly a good idea using current fear and resulting madness as a basis and combining with the clown epidemic is quite a good idea, even if it did feel quite generalising politically. Hopefully I can stick with this one as last series was surprising and definitely reignited my interest in it.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 13th September 2017, 06:58 AM
Post #35
Group icon

NO NO NO NO NO NO ANYTHING BUT BEES

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 13th September 2017, 07:46 AM
Post #36
Group icon

I wonder how Lindsey is going to explain Ally shooting Pedro

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 13th September 2017, 11:36 AM
Post #37
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

I've not even seen the episode yet, what have I got to do with anything???

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 13th September 2017, 01:10 PM
Post #38
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
User: 20,835

I watched the second ep and I preferred it a lot more. The political stuff was a lot more undertones I felt.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 13th September 2017, 11:14 PM
Post #39
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042

QUOTE(Cody Lukasiak @ Sep 13 2017, 08:46 AM) *
I wonder how Lindsey is going to explain Ally shooting Pedro
I really feel like you're missing the point of it all lmao. They're being killed because it's essential to the story, not for a cheap shock. I genuinely saw that coming the moment her wife told Pedro to drop that box of stuff off to her. I assume the next episode Pedro will be framed and it'll be "Immigrant shot on yard for stealing" or some stuff like that although we know it was 100% he was innocent.

Just caught up with both episodes myself. I found them ok, but I kinda need a bit more. The only truly terrifying thing right now for me is how relevant it all is and how it is essentially just a slightly more extravagant version of America right now (and also Trypophobia *shudders*) but I guess this is the approach Ryan is going for with this series. Basically it's his open letter to tell America to WAKE THE f*** UP or something.

Sarah Paulson is really grinding on me this season. She's actually really irritating the f*** out of me. Evan is once again stealing the show for me though. Billie is ok, but I find her quite one tone as an actress.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 13th September 2017, 11:18 PM
Post #40
Group icon

literally half of this episode was just Sarah scream-crying. Not even Audrey was this bad. drama.gif

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 07:41 AM