BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> ThePensmith's Top 20 Singles Chart, Week ending 31st January 2020
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post 2nd February 2020, 08:29 PM
Post #1
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

Good evening, happy new month, and here come my personal top 20 singles for the last week of neverending January. Jonas Brothers scored their second number one of the last twelve months with 'What A Man Gotta Do' last week but are they still on top today? Let's find out...

THEPENSMITH'S TOP 20 SINGLES CHART
Week ending 31st January 2020
© AM LIMITED 2020

1. (1) JONAS BROTHERS - What A Man Gotta Do
2. (HNE) JP COOPER - In These Arms
3. (2) NERVO FEAT. PLASTIK FUNK & TIM MORRISON - Dare Me
4. (NE) SELENA GOMEZ - Rare
5. (3) MEGHAN TRAINOR - Blink
6. (NE) THE SHIRES - Lightning Strikes
7. (4) NIALL HORAN - Put A Little Love On Me
8. (5) NO ROME FEAT. DIJON - Trust3000
9. (6) DJ SPOONY PRESENTS GARAGE CLASSICAL FEAT. PALOMA FAITH - Movin' Too Fast
10. (7) CAMILA CABELLO - Easy

11. (NE) PLANET 1999 - Party
12. (8) ENDOR - Pump It Up
13. (9) COLDPLAY - Everyday Life
14. (10) DELTA GOODREM - Let It Rain
15. (11) RAK-SU - Girl
16. (12) DUA LIPA - Don't Start Now
17. (13) LAUV - Changes
18. (RE) THE SCRIPT - Run Through Walls
19. (14) ELLA EYRE - New Me
20. (15) CELESTE - Stop This Flame

Compiled from my own personal listening in the last seven days across streaming, digital and physical formats.

KEY

(1) - last week's position
(HNE) - highest new entry
(NE) - new entry
(RE) - re-entry

CHART COMMENTARY

Number one for a second week, Jonas Brothers' 'What A Man Gotta Do' consolidates its position at the top following their showstopping performance of the single at last weekend's Grammy Awards. It's their sixth week at our summit overall as a band, adding to the four weeks they enjoyed at the top last year with 'Sucker'.

In truth, they would have held top spot anyway, as it was never going to be troubled by any of this week's three new entries inside the top 10. Biggest of all is the new JP Cooper single, 'In These Arms', which claims the week's highest new hit at #2. It's the singer-songwriter's second single in a row to claim silver honours, following last July's 'Sing It With Me' with Astrid.

Selena Gomez claims the biggest hit on my chart of her career to date this week, as 'Rare' enters at #4. She has enjoyed a handful of top 10 hits both in partnership with her old band The Scene (biggest of all being 'Naturally', which made #8 in April 2010) and on her own prior to today. The single is the title track from her new album of the same name, which came out two weeks ago.

Just three weeks after 'New Year' gave them a fourth top 10 hit, the second single from The Shires' forthcoming new album 'Good Times' gives them a fifth, with 'Lightning Strikes' debuting at #6 and thus matching the peak of their previous biggest hit 'Guilty'.

Claiming the first hit on my chart by a French artist since Christine and the Queens' last single almost a year ago, new trio Planet 1999 make their debut at #11 this week with 'Party'. Only six other artists from across the channel have entered my chart before this week, among them, Daft Punk, Christine and the Queens, Modjo, Alizée, Sebastien Tellier and David Guetta.

A renewed boost of airplay and the release of the video for The Script's current hit 'Run Through Walls' sees it return to our top 20 at #18, up six from last week's #24. It has already stayed around on our chart for longer than their current album's first single 'The Last Time' managed.

FLASHBACK TOP 10

Your chance to see how my personal top 10 was looking on this week in the last 20 years. This week in 2003: Busted make it two weeks at the top with 'Year 3000', plus classic hits from Jay-Z and Beyoncé, Jurgen Vries and Girls Aloud

1. (1) BUSTED - Year 3000

2. (HNE) JAY-Z FEAT. BEYONCÉ KNOWLES - '03 Bonnie & Clyde
3. (NE) JURGEN VRIES FEAT. CMC - The Opera Song (Brave New World)
4. (3) GIRLS ALOUD - Sound of the Underground
5. (2) DAVID SNEDDON - Stop Living the Lie
6. (NE) CRAIG DAVID - Hidden Agenda
7. (4) EMINEM - Lose Yourself
8. (6) ELECTRIC SIX - Danger! High Voltage
9. (5) JAIMESON FEAT. ANGEL BLU - True
10. (7) PANJABI MC - Mundian To Bach Ke
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 2nd February 2020, 09:00 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

Hello ThePenSmith!
Nice to see "What A Man Gotta Do" at #1.
And I also like the debuts for "In These Arms" and "Rare", as well as the re-entry for "Run Through Walls"!
Great chart!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:18 PM