BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Top 50 Kylie Countdown
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Dannyboy
post 10th July 2016, 12:32 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 632

QUOTE(SamJudd @ Jul 10 2016, 01:20 PM) *
"Crystalize", Yes I do really like that song and do agree that it's better than most of the tracks on 'KMO', and again this will stand as a forgotten Kylie gem by the public, and will only be half remembered by Kylie fans even. If this was released during her heyday, then it would have definitely been top 10 in like the early 2000's.

"I Was Gonna Cancel", I actually don't hate this song like a lot of people do, but I do think the video kinda ruins it and the only reason it was released because Pharrell's name's on it. I know I'm in the minority here but I truly think that either 'Les Sex' or 'Sexy Love' would have been better choice, hell even 'Sexercise' which already had a video that was far better, might have been a slightly better choice, not that it's great or anything but at least it had more buzz than 'IWGC'.

'Keep On Pumpin' It', I'm indifferent towards it, don't hate it, don't love it either, a rather interesting oddity in her discography that remixes one of her album tracks 'I Guess I Like It Like That'.

'The One', Yes I do agree that it's performance was a travesty and should have been huge, and well and truly could have been if it had been the 1st single and could have been her final UK #1 hit. In fact this whole era was a mess to begin with and even this didn't get properly released, only as a download which totally messed up it's sales. I still think the X era should have went = 'The One">'Like A Drug">'Wow'>'In My Arms'

I don't really think KMO had any real stand out obvious singles, I actually like the bonus tracks than most of the album, I would have loved Mr President to have a video or be a single, its different and I listen to it more than most of the album.

X is my favourite album, In my arms and The One should have been single 1 or 2, I don't like Wow that much but it was the biggest hit so that would be a single still, as for the 4 single, I would have went for no more rain or like a drug.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post 10th July 2016, 12:42 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Outside the Top 50 - Santa Baby

Peak - 76
Points - 107
Weeks in the top 10 - 0 weeks
Weeks in the top 100 - 11 weeks

Personal Option

Was this an official video ? I never really knew, its a harmless song but not my favourite Christmas song by her, im one of the few who loved the Christmas album.

What your opinion personal opinion on this song or its position in the countdown ?

+Quote this post
Regina
post 10th July 2016, 12:45 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

It amazes me how this has outsold many of her other singles that peaked much higher.

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post 10th July 2016, 12:51 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Regina @ Jul 10 2016, 01:45 PM) *
It amazes me how this has outsold many of her other singles that peaked much higher.

I suppose it gets a jump every year, other than that it would have been a lot lower

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post 10th July 2016, 12:54 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Outside the Top 50 - Where is the feeling

Peak - 16
Points - 195
Weeks in the top 100 - 3 weeks

Personal Option

Ok the last song before we get into the Top 50 songs. Im actually torn about this one, I always thought the album version was very average but I really like the single version and the video, terrible chart run sadly and easily one of her highest placed songs which will be the most forgotten.

What your opinion personal opinion on this song or its position in the countdown ?

+Quote this post
Regina
post 10th July 2016, 12:55 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

I adore all versions of WITF? and the video is divine.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 10th July 2016, 02:58 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I never liked Santa Baby, its a song i dont like no matter who sings it. But for a song that has a number 76 peak it has sold very well. Where is the Feeling im not a big fan of either but as i have well documented in the past im not a fan of the KM 94 era.

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post 10th July 2016, 03:07 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

50 - Breathe

Peak - 14
Points - 246
Weeks in the top 100 - 4 weeks

Personal Option

One of my favourite songs from Impossible Princes, i never used to think much of the video but it actually matches the song. I think its because it came after Did it again that it makes it look worse that it was.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 10th July 2016, 03:09 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

I love Breathe and its among my fave Kylie singles ever.

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post 10th July 2016, 03:13 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

49 - God only knows

Peak - 20
Points - 279
Weeks in the top 100 - 5 weeks

Personal Option

As you can see, I have included every song Kylie has been associated with, I actually forgot all about this one, and based on its chart performance, so did the general public,

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post 10th July 2016, 03:16 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822

"The One" is great and it deserved to chart higher, but it's actually a tricky song to promote, because it's not your average EDM tracks. It's not very radio-friendly either.

"Crystallize" is really the average version of "I believe in you", though I don't mind it as it's for charity.

Initially I thought "I was gonna cancel" would be a better alternative to "Beautiful" (remember that dreadful decoder effect? Yuck) but after a few weeks, the song worn off on me completely.

Flower is beautiful, it's disgusting that it never goes to Top 20.

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post 10th July 2016, 03:29 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Red Blooded Man @ Jul 10 2016, 04:16 PM) *
"The One" is great and it deserved to chart higher, but it's actually a tricky song to promote, because it's not your average EDM tracks. It's not very radio-friendly either.

"Crystallize" is really the average version of "I believe in you", though I don't mind it as it's for charity.

Initially I thought "I was gonna cancel" would be a better alternative to "Beautiful" (remember that dreadful decoder effect? Yuck) but after a few weeks, the song worn off on me completely.

Flower is beautiful, it's disgusting that it never goes to Top 20.

I think I'm one of the few who loved "Beautiful" and was really hoping for a video as I think it would have done well

+Quote this post
Dannyboy
post 10th July 2016, 03:37 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

48 - Better than today

Peak - 32
Points - 286
Weeks in the top 100 - 8 weeks

Personal Option

I have no idea why or how people at her label thought this was good enough to be single, its not terrible but hardly the best on the album, not even a performance on one of the biggest show on UK TV could inject any interest in it.

This post has been edited by Dannyboy: 10th July 2016, 03:38 PM

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 10th July 2016, 09:16 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

God Only Knows remains meh for me. Better Than Today I always liked and still do and am in the minority who think its far far better than Get Outta My Way.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 11th July 2016, 02:59 PM
Post #35
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

"Santa Baby", Never knew this had a video to it, an okay song, nothing special, it's a shame that none of the other songs on her X-Mas charted like "Everyday's Like Christmas" or "100 Degrees", and this one did, a decent cover nothing more.

"Where Is The Feeling", Never keen on this one, yes the single version is better than the album version, but still think there were better songs on the album such as "If I Was Your Lover" or even 'Automatic Love". The video is stunning though, I think coming 8 months after the last single, really hurt it's chances.

"God Only Knows", Terrible, only like Kylie's part.

"Breathe", This took a while to grow on me, but know I really like it, and such a standout on such an underrated album.

"Better Than Today", This suffers the same problem as "PYHU", good album track, bad single. The song is catchy enough I suppose but doesn't have that WOW factor. 'Closer' should have been the 3rd single from "Aphrodite", or even the title track, definitely not this.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 11th July 2016, 04:19 PM
Post #36
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

'The One' should have 99 points shouldn't it? ohmy.gif (Less pressing, but 'The One' should have 5 points and not 6).

'The One' should have done soooo much better, it's always a shame to see low down her listings. sad.gif

+Quote this post
Red Blooded Man
post 11th July 2016, 04:24 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 822

Better Than Today never really stood a chance as a single but the lyrics is just uplifting enough for me. Cupid Boy should've been the third single as it sounds the freshest out of the entire album.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 13th July 2016, 07:16 PM
Post #38
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Jul 10 2016, 04:29 PM) *
I think I'm one of the few who loved "Beautiful" and was really hoping for a video as I think it would have done well

I didn't really like 'Beautiful' all that much, found it really disappointing, if they took out the awful vocoder effect and sung it the way Kylie did on her 'KMO' tour then the song would have been a hell of a lot better. Also I do think there should have at least been a video, don't think it would have done that well, but definitely performed a lot better if there had been a video to it, very surprised there wasn't, considering Enrique Igelesias was on it. Thought they'd at least done it for that reason at least.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 14th July 2016, 02:38 AM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Beautiful was disappointing and forgettable, it really could have been more. As cupid boy was mentioned it should have been a single as I think it would have done well. I think if Aphrodite was pushed more it would have done better, I know it has sales of 350,000 plus but it deserved more. I still think Get Outta My Way killed that campaign as the album started off so well, big selling lead single and number 1 album with decent opening sales. Cupid Boy could have been a great second single. I still think its a very cohesive album with loads of great tracks that I still enjoy. It definitely is 100 times a stronger album than the awful Kiss Me Once.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 14th July 2016, 06:54 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Aphrodite has really strong sales for an album with only one real hit on it. I do honestly think she was at that point where it'd be hard for her in 2010 to get a hit post-album and at the point where CD singles were becoming more and more extinct (which she always heavily relied on).

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:15 AM