BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mart!n
post 16th March 2021, 03:20 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

The Cast revealed and its in production.

https://trekcentral.net/strange-new-worlds-...sMfpyL3NWH_Om5o

Pretty much looking forward to this, mostly a female crew, the adventures of Captain Pike, probably expecting some characters from the original series, Mudd, The Tribbles, Captain Trelane w00t.gif This could lead to casting of a new Captain James T. Kirk down the line with a rebooted new version of Star Trek.

Furthernote
Rumours of a rebooted Star Trek: The New Generation with James McAvoy taking the lead as Captain Jean Luc Picard.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mark.
post 16th March 2021, 05:38 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 6,928

QUOTE(Mart!n @ Mar 16 2021, 03:20 PM) *

Rumours of a rebooted Star Trek: The New Generation with James McAvoy taking the lead as Captain Jean Luc Picard.

I'll stick with the original, doesn't need a reboot

+Quote this post
Qween
post 16th March 2021, 07:34 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

Very excited for this. It's the one I think will hark closest to the Trek of old, much as I have grown to enjoy all 3 of the new shows. As for any others shows, those in charge of Trek have said there won't be anything more until the current 5 shows (Discovery, Picard, Prodigy, Lower Decks and this have run their course) and I am happy to bet that anything after that will not be a ''reboot'' of an existing property.

+Quote this post
Jester
post 16th March 2021, 08:53 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Right in front of my salad?!
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12

QUOTE(Mart!n @ Mar 16 2021, 03:20 PM) *

https://trekcentral.net/strange-new-worlds-...sMfpyL3NWH_Om5o
Pretty much looking forward to this, mostly a female crew, the adventures of Captain Pike, probably expecting some characters from the original series, Mudd, The Tribbles, Captain Trelane w00t.gif This could lead to casting of a new Captain James T. Kirk down the line with a rebooted new version of Star Trek.
Furthernote

I assume you mean the Next Generation?

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 31st March 2022, 09:37 AM
Post #5
Group icon

Dropping soon in May, some trailers

Looks impressive, looking forward to this series, with stand alone episodes

Probably looking like my favourite character in the series

The series has been picked up for a second season, with introduction of James Kirk, played by Paul Wesley (The Vampire Diaries)

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 31st March 2022, 09:43 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Uhura, Spock, Pike, Kirk, Number One and a bunch of new characters. Must be good!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 20th August 2022, 02:05 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

This series is the best Star Trek show in 20 years, though I also love Picard. Why? It leads into classic Trek, returns to the one episode-one story format, but also has the benefit of the continuing plot-threads to flesh out the large cast of characters. They don't start crying at the drop of a hat to hide poor scripts with soap, they are professional, the scripts are great, the cast is great, and it has an actual sense of humour to boot. Unlike Discovery, which continues to be plagued with terrible plotlines, substandard scripts, some dodgy acting from castmembers seemingly chosen for representation rather than ability to act (which does no favours to anyone, least of all the poor actor who is out of their depth), and which generally bears little resemblance to established Star Trek in tone. Strange New Worlds does it right.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 22nd August 2022, 11:10 AM
Post #8
Group icon

3 more episodes to go, but I must comment on one episode which is probably the best episode of the series so far Episode 7: The Serene Squall, this had everything lots of action, a mutiny laugh.gif the crew geling well with each and a few jokes chucked in there. Looking for more episodes in the near future with Captain Angel, loved the character, I want more. The ending of the introduction of Spock's brother Sybok biggrin.gif ohmy.gif w00t.gif

Will give a overview of the entire series, when I finish, so far I loved every episode.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 22nd August 2022, 08:50 PM
Post #9
Group icon

Finally I've finished it, this series has gone over my expectations and the cast are really fun to watch, my favourite characters has to be Nurse Chapel, and La'an Noonian Singh, are we expecting Khan at some point. They could have flesh out more background on character of Number One (Una) it has a connection to Ilya from the Star Trek The Motion Picture.

The 8th eighth episode was a bit of a curveball, probably one of the weakest episodes.

The last episode was a highlight as well and the Engineer towards the end of the episode with Spock, sounded a bit Scottish, I'm assuming its Scotty biggrin.gif

Best Star Trek series, this is what I wanted and it delivered, the intro sticks to the original, only one little nit-pick, they could have included the titles of the episodes within the intro.

"Hit It!" biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 18th June 2023, 09:05 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Season 2 starts with a bang. Klingons are back and actual recogniseable Klingons not the fake shitty ones of Discovery. And a new character played by the wonderful 71 year old Carol Kane. She has been fab since i first loved her in tv sitcom Taxi in the 70s and multiple films and tv shows ever since. The character is virtually immortal and its about f***ing time action sci fi drama shows has older characters given we are getting forced to work longer and longer in the real world. Having everyone 20 to 40 and gorgeous isnt and never has been realistic except in frontline military situations.

Strike one for older actors hooray! Now, if those oh so "inclusive" adverts could also feature older people on products apart from funerals incontinence pants life insurance and eyesight problems. Not all of us lose our interest in living and new things when we hit retirement age.....

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 30th June 2023, 08:01 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

3 episodes in and this is still quality. There's a throwback to Enterprise plotting, fun, tragedy, plot twists, beautiful dialogue and genuine human emotion and complexity.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 4th August 2023, 09:59 PM
Post #12
Group icon

Best Star Trek: SNW episode cheer.gif Loved it laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Mart!n: 4th August 2023, 10:33 PM

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 4th August 2023, 10:50 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Bloody brilliant. Best show on TV last year or two, every episode is different, comedy, dark drama, tragedy, musical, cartoon, so inventive and the scripts are fabulous, the characters all top notch and the cast uniformly wonderful. SO good. I just wish there were 22 episodes a season like deep space 9.... smile.gif

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 11th August 2023, 07:42 PM
Post #14
Group icon

Pretty much the finale hit the spot with a brilliant cliffhanger, and a new original character been added "aye" cool2.gif Don't know when Season 3 will start with the Writers strike going on, I'm assuming its going to be later than planned. Surely some more characters will be introduced gradually, Sulu, Chekov and Bones, with could lead into a rebooted Star Trek.

I just wish the series was a bit longer with a 13 week to a season, instead of 10 the show has really turned up a notch, in the past few weeks.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 12th August 2023, 09:09 AM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Yes, me too. It's fab and I wouldnt expect part 2 before early 2025, sadly.

There's a lot of speculation about Trek on Paramount, but it seems likely that there will be just 3 shows soon. prodigy is pretty poor and cancellation unsurprising, Discovery would be a mercy ending and the spin off Academy series would be just the same, so I'd not be fussed if it never appeared.

SNW made the streaming top 10 shows, which is more than Discovery ever did and that went 5 series, so it would be odd if whispers that it's only going to do 3 were true. Sounds more like PR-generating to me. Legacy is the show I want to see though, it'll be set in the Picard-universe, which I regard as "current" Trek time, and has a fab cast already, they could easily create great new characters to add to it and bring back old faves in guest spots now and again.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 11:11 AM