BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Fast & The Furious 8'
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
DJHazey
post 19th April 2017, 12:36 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,783

This one was nothing short of amazing. 11/10. Stratham and Johnson's going back-n-forth and eventually forming an unlikely friendship. Tyrese and Luda never fail to amaze for comedy, there were so many laugh out loud moments. Charlize was sexy as ever and played villain so flawlessly.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 22nd April 2017, 01:50 PM
Post #22
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Mack @ Apr 19 2017, 01:33 PM) *
Vin Diesel and The Rock set to return in Furious 9, I think has been confirmed.

I'm not sure The Rock will be back for the next one. Things between him and Vin Diesel are awful.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 22nd April 2017, 02:23 PM
Post #23
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I thought that was hearsay? ohmy.gif didnt realise it was true!

But apparently, Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham have a spin off in the works!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 22nd April 2017, 04:02 PM
Post #24
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Apr 22 2017, 03:23 PM) *
I thought that was hearsay? ohmy.gif didnt realise it was true!

But apparently, Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham have a spin off in the works!

No it's true, and if you watch the film they actually barely share the screen at any time. Even in the final shots you can tell Dwayne Johnson shot the table shots separately.

The spin-off idea has been in the works for a while. Apparently there was meant to be a post-credits scene which set this up, however Vin Diesel got wind Universal wanted to do this and threw a strop and banned it.

Seeing as the film is on track to make 1.2-1.3 billion I'm pretty sure they will patch things over, as the franchise definitely needs The Rock.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 22nd April 2017, 04:26 PM
Post #25
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Yeah. I feel The Rock is definitely the selling point of this franchise. What were they falling out over? My friend said it is because The Rock basically said Vin is a bit of a diva and arrives late/is just generally unprofessional or something.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 24th April 2017, 06:09 PM
Post #26
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Apr 22 2017, 05:26 PM) *
Yeah. I feel The Rock is definitely the selling point of this franchise. What were they falling out over? My friend said it is because The Rock basically said Vin is a bit of a diva and arrives late/is just generally unprofessional or something.

I think there were a few things. I do believe that Vin is very laid-back on set (I mean he is a producer) while Dwayne Johnson is a total workaholic professional. I also think there was a bit of an ego boost about who is the biggest star. Vin Diesel is obviously the lead, but Dwayne Johnson is probably the most bankable movie star right now. He turned the franchise from a niche cult in to a massive box office success.

Plus basically from social media Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham want to make a film together. I don't think Vin Diesel wants it to happen though. Not unless he is a part of it too.

Then in the middle you basically have Universal who are both big fans of Vin and Dwayne Johnson. In terms of franchises, they lack compare to Disney/Warner Bros. Imo it will be wholly interesting to see what happens at the end of this current franchise.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 24th April 2017, 10:05 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

The movie was pretty impressive, must have had a bigger budget, especially with the amount of cars came crushing down in New York, pretty much flawless all the way, so much non stop action, but for me I found the submarine bit... far fetched at the end. Charlize was brilliant playing the villain. And Scott Eastwood (I can see the likeness of his father Clint Eastwood) seems to me he was filling Paul Walker's role. I did feel there was a big gaping hole in the cast without Paul Walker, but I got the sense the cast had to move on without him.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:22 PM