BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Anomalisa, 11th March | David Thewlis, Jennifer Jason Leigh
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post Feb 21 2016, 11:54 PM
Post #1
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

Best Animated Feature nominee, looks rather thought-provoking!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Insomnio
post Oct 21 2016, 09:52 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742
"Anomalisa" is a stop-motion animation that was released in limited theater circuits last February. It won the "Grand Jury Prize" at the 72nd Venice Film Festival and it was nominated for an Academy Award for "Best Animated Feature Film". Although I rarely see these particular kinds of films on the big screen, I was very curious about the content of "Anomalisa". However, I can not say that I was thrilled with the result when the end credits dropped.
The central character of the story is Michael Stone, a successful writer of manuals dealing with customer management. However, he is aloof and cold and not in the mood for many conversations. When he makes a business trip to Cincinnati to speak to a conference on customer service, Stone will meet the shy and messy Lisa, which is a fan of him. Stone will fall in love with her and she unpurposely will make him change his attitude towards life. "Anomalisa" is a film that talks about the melancholy and loneliness experienced by modern people. They may have all the comforts and their way of life has improved in most things -always talking about the Western World- but they still feel isolated and find it difficult to communicate each other. Charlie Kaufman was the one who inspired the story, which was originally presented as a play in Los Angeles. He loved this piece of work so much that he undertook along with Duke Johnson to adapt it on the movie screen. "Anomalisa" had interesting directing, well-written dialogues and humor. However, the scenario had not given you food for thought and thought and the story ends somewhat abruptly. Additionally, female characters had male voice - except that of Lisa- and all this lead us to giggle during the whole course of the film. Despite this, it is quite unique and very "advanced" for a film of its kind.
Anomalisa" is a nice story that will surely find the "special" - hipster- audience. Fortunately, it did not win the Oscar for "Best Animated Feauture Film" because it would be extremely unfair to the ingenious" Inside Out ". "Anomalisa " may received very positive comments from connoisseurs of cinematic space but it failed to attract many viewers in cinemas. It didn't cut many tickets worldwide and neither its nomination in Oscars was able to give it a box office boost. Even though I do not believe that released for purely commercial reasons."Anomalisa" is a film that I will not suggest you to go to the cinema. Only on DVD!

This post has been edited by Insomnio: Oct 21 2016, 09:54 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:16 AM