BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sweet Dreams My L.A Ex, And Funky Dory I guess
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Long Dong Silver
post Feb 6 2020, 10:42 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
LINDA, who wrote a bunch of no.1 songs back then, wrote two songs (think she wrote Funkky Dory? Well, if not, it still has the Britney sound) for Britney. They sounded very much like stuff she would have put out with 3rd album, Britney. She rejected them and released one of the most innovative and unique albims ever instead, In The Zone, where she co-wrote basically EVERYTHING.

Rachel Stevens released the songs instead. Sweet Dreams (about Juston Whinealake) was a huge hit. Funkky Dory was a top 20 hit - I think 27#?

How do you think these songs would have done across the world if Britney had released them? I think only Sweet Dreams could have fit on In The Zone, coming after Toxic, but it would still have been out-of-step. It would have been a worldwide no.1 if she released it independent of any album I think and Funky Dory would have been a top 10 here and no.1 in the US. Britney would have had two big smashes with this sound before moving on to ITZ.

Rachel Stevens doing artpop better than GaGa though :cheeseblock:
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Neil
post Feb 6 2020, 11:13 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 9,016
I can hear Funky Dory fitting well on Britney, but not on In the Zone.

+Quote this post
tommie
post Feb 7 2020, 10:43 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073
Cathy Dennis wrote Sweet Dreams My L.A. Ex and it was suggested to Britney along with Toxic. She had nothing to do with the track Funky Dory, but she did also write Glide, Heaven Has To Wait and Little Secret on the same album - I suppose those could've been forwarded to Britney too for consideration.

I assume the "Linda" you're thinking of is Linda Perry of 4 Non Blondes fame, who wrote Beautiful and Get This Party Started.

This post has been edited by tommie: Feb 7 2020, 10:44 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:38 PM