BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Pestolia National Thread 🍅🌿, 164: Dry Cleaning - Anna Calls From The Arctic
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Ansel
post 20th February 2024, 02:57 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 106,739

BJSC162: Suki Waterhouse - OMG

Back to remembering to update this thread - especially since I wanted to save the gorgeous graphics from this contest! Pestolia has chosen Suki Waterhouse this month, with a rock-tinged banger called OMG. Suki feels like one of the cheaper names we've sent but I feel it has quite a timeless feel as a song and could be from any time this side of the 2000s. The video features Suki absolutely mothering in a greenhouse where she is hoping to cultivate a higher finish than Pestolia's recent sub-30th-place run. Either way, here's hoping she makes the final and earns us a new record qualifier streak!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 20th February 2024, 07:30 PM
Post #42
Group icon
I feel it COMING!
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

yaurrrr glad you liked the graphics wub.gif Suki's not cheap because her thread got 0 replies in the Indie/Alt forum kink.gif

+Quote this post
Ansel
post 20th March 2024, 05:34 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

BJSC163: DJ SG - Sosban Fach

Off the back of our joint-biggest hit to date thanks to Suki Waterhouse coming in 4th place, Pestolia has officially annexed Wales! I've been back and forth between Bristol and Cardiff this entire month and it felt very appropriate to send something in Welsh. I discovered this song through one of my flatmates (a quite frankly militant Welsh rugby fan) playing it on St. David's Day while we all ate Welsh cakes, and I just immediately knew I had to do something with it. The song itself is a dance update of a Welsh folk song (the title translating as 'Little Saucepan') and the music video is one of the highest-definition videos of all time, letting you really feel like you're in the room with DJ SG himself.

+Quote this post
Ansel
post 20th March 2024, 05:35 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(uhsting @ Feb 20 2024, 07:30 PM) *
yaurrrr glad you liked the graphics wub.gif Suki's not cheap because her thread got 0 replies in the Indie/Alt forum kink.gif

Glad to be back in Sovarasma again, loving the dedication you've put into both contests! Oop, flop Suki x

+Quote this post
Ansel
post 20th April 2024, 06:34 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

BJSC164: Dry Cleaning - Anna Calls From The Arctic

After BJSC said NO to Welsh folk-dance excellence Pestolia is back with something very different! I don't really remember where I came across this, I think it was in the comments of a Guardian article tbh. But I think the message is really interesting, it deals quite nicely with the gradual 'enshittification' of late stage capitalism: 'Nothing works / Everything's expensive / And opaque and privatized / My shoe organizing thing arrived / Thank God'.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 10:50 PM