BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> "Fireflies" • Discussion Thread, from 'Glassheart'
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Mikal
post Oct 22 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,092
Confirmed by the lady herself

Not a massive hit I don't think, but another X Factor performance is inevitable. Glad they're moving on quickly though.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Oct 22 2012, 12:57 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
Surely it's been chosen purely for the gospel choir to join her during The X Factor final? A shame, as it's my least favourite song on the album (not that it's bad, just everything else is miles ahead of it). Another top twenty hit would be good, but nothing is guaranteed.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post Oct 22 2012, 01:12 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608
In my top 3 on the album, so very happy with this choice - as long as she does get to perform on the X Factor final! Its definitely a choir, confetti and firework moment and it will be incredible!

This leaves Glassheart (the song) to hopefully be a success outside of the X Factor period in the new year!

+Quote this post
cdp373
post Oct 22 2012, 01:17 PM
Post #4
Group icon
New Entry
User: 9,955
I am so so disappointed. This feels like such a safe choice and I don't think people will be interested in it. The second single needed to make people sit up and pay attention - I really don't think this does that.

I really thought they might have gone for Glassheart!

+Quote this post
Scene
post Oct 22 2012, 01:52 PM
Post #5
Group icon
This is where you end and I begin
User: 5,567
'Glassheart' will hopefully be the 'Where Have You Been' to this era. 'Fireflies' isn't going to do much on the singles chart. Top 10 is definitely out of the question. Hopefully she performs on The X Factor final as well as Graham Norton. I can't see radio supporting this. Its not even in my top 5 off the album:

1. Glassheart
2. Sugar
3. Lovebird
4. Shake You Up
5. Trouble

+Quote this post
Atonement
post Oct 22 2012, 03:28 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676
I really hoped the next one would have been 'Come Alive', accompanied by an extremely dark and haunting video. Would really suit the Winter that is coming.
I do think 'Trouble' was the right first singe choice but they should've used the Childish Gambino version for the video as well.

+Quote this post
Scene
post Oct 22 2012, 03:48 PM
Post #7
Group icon
This is where you end and I begin
User: 5,567
Retweet:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LeonaSoldier/sta...399871532625921

Sign:

http://twitition.com/pm4bv/

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Oct 22 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
I think this could push album sales a lot over Christmas. Hopefully it will be A-listed by BBC Radio 2 and possibly picked up by Heart. Will be interesting to see how it does. I hope the music video is really good and that Leona KILLS the live performances. This song is most probably her most vocally demanding song she has/will perform live from a belting perspective.

+Quote this post
7heDreamer
post Oct 22 2012, 06:27 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 9,939
One of my favourite tracks on Glassheart and an obvious choice for Christmas but ballad after ballad releases from an album not full of ballads (a fact most people do not even know) is bad marketing. If Glassheart had been the 1st single everything would fit in better now... Fireflies is definitely not the kind of song you would expect to kill in the charts, but I do not care, tongue.gif I like it! As far as radio-play is concerned I think it could do well, it is radio friendy.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Oct 22 2012, 06:28 PM
Post #10
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335
Lovely song, my current fav along with Shake You Up

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Oct 22 2012, 06:30 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
They're absolutely ridiculous to sit on Glassheart without releasing it, it's honestly one of her very best ever tracks and is really something special, could be massive! Should've been the lead to be honest. Fireflies is good but I very much doubt it'll even do as well as Trouble.

+Quote this post
7heDreamer
post Oct 22 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 9,939
QUOTE(Liаm @ Oct 22 2012, 06:30 PM) *
They're absolutely ridiculous to sit on Glassheart without releasing it, it's honestly one of her very best ever tracks and is really something special, could be massive! Should've been the lead to be honest. Fireflies is good but I very much doubt it'll even do as well as Trouble.

It is more of 'Run' style though, something like Leona's 'Angels'. People usually fall for that around Christmas laugh.gif And the last third of the song will sound good live. It has some potential imo (bigger than Trouble).

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post Oct 22 2012, 07:04 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
Glassheart and Come Alive NEED to be released!

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Oct 22 2012, 07:10 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
So it's just like last time when they avoid the obvious hit 'Outta My Head' (this time 'Glassheart') to release some random album track? Yay.

+Quote this post
Post #15
Group icon
Fire
User: 9,912
Erm, hasnt clicked with me as much as I To You, When It Hurts, Come Alive, Glassheart, Shake You Up and Fingerprint. Also listen to Unlove Me & Lovebird a little more too however I know its really special to Leona, and live it will be amazing. So curious about the video too. Who knows maybe it'll surprise.

Do not worry though guys i am SO sure that Glassheart will be a single. It has to be. Maybe it's next, they really will push this album, you can tell with a second single already being announed soo happy with that, its without a doubt needed.
I'd love Come Alive to be a single too.

Come Alive and Glassheart need to be heard on the radio and seen on TV it would really put critics at rest, another ballad..not sure, BUT it will hopefully help album sales which is most important.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Oct 22 2012, 07:59 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
QUOTE(Karma @ Oct 22 2012, 08:30 PM) *
Do not worry though guys i am SO sure that Glassheart will be a single. It has to be. Maybe it's next, they really will push this album, you can tell with a second single already being announed soo happy with that, its without a doubt needed.
I'd love Come Alive to be a single too.

I remember everyone was saying the same thing about 'Outta My Head' 3 years ago and it never happened. That was much more of a tragedy though, wasting one of the best pop songs of modern times.

+Quote this post
Adam92
post Oct 22 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 10,752
Quite disappointed, the single should have been between "Glassheart", "Shake You Up", "Un Love Me" and "Come Alive"

+Quote this post
Post #18
Group icon
Fire
User: 9,912
QUOTE(Silver Rocket @ Oct 22 2012, 08:59 PM) *
I remember everyone was saying the same thing about 'Outta My Head' 3 years ago and it never happened. That was much more of a tragedy though, wasting one of the best pop songs of modern times.

Yeah I know thats so true, but for me it's different this time. Well I hope it is anyway. I'm sure a 3rd single will be out beginning of next year as Fireflies is coming so soon, and that third single, i'm sure will be Glassheart.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post Oct 23 2012, 02:54 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030
"Love Birds" would have been better.

+Quote this post
Crowan
post Oct 23 2012, 11:35 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 288
An unexpected choice for sure, however it is one of my favourite tracks on the album. Really hope it can reach top twenty anyway with a couple of massive performances with the choir featured etc, especially on X Factor. But tbh, as long as it keeps the album in the top 40 over the xmas period, that's what is most important! Glassheart should definitely be single number three though, I agree with everyone...it is screaming out for a release

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:57 PM