BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Eurovision 2015 Pre-Parties, Riga, Amsterdam, Moscow and London
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
AdamAloud
post Apr 18 2015, 01:56 PM
Post #1
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

Tonight marks the 7th annual Eurovision In Concert live in Amsterdam, the biggest preview party of the season. It's usually the first opportunity we get to see how the entries work on stage. There are 24 out of the 40 acts taking part, they are:

Albania - Elhaida Dani
Australia - Guy Sebastian
Austria - The Makemakes
Azerbaijan - Elnur Huseynov
Belarus - Uzari & Maimuna
Cyprus - John Karayiannis
France - Lisa Angell
FYR Macedonia - Daniel Kajmakoski
Georgia - Nina Sublatti
Germany - Ann Sophie
Greece - Maria-Elena Kyriakou
Hungary - Boggie
Israel - Nadav Goedj
Latvia - Aminata
Lithuania - Monika Linkytė and Vaidas Baumila
Moldova - Eduard Romanyuta
Montenegro - Knez
Netherlands - Trintje Oosterhuis
Norway - Mřrland & Debrah Scarlett
Poland - Monika Kuszyńska
Serbia - Bojana Stamenov
Slovenia - Maraaya
Sweden - Mĺns Zelmerlöw
United Kingdom - Electro Velvet

Plus, Bobbysocks! are the evening's special guest, 30 years after their victory.

It was the pre-party for the pre-party last night, which included this MESS of a medley from an intoxicated Nicki French. Who says Eurovision is for karaoke stars? And who put that POLE THERE

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Apr 20 2015, 10:52 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

I've been watching all the interviews on Wiwibloggs and ESC Kaz, every contestant is so so nice - I want them all to be in the final just because of their personalities, I remember having the same problem last year! wub.gif

My favourite so far has to be this interview with Maraaya, they are so hilarious and Marjetka's laugh is so infectious!

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Apr 26 2015, 10:57 PM
Post #3
Hello?
Member No.: 116
   No Gallery Pics

Loved the London party tonight, Australia, Sweden and Norway all went down very well and various others impressed ME surprisingly (Czech Republic and Cyprus mainly).

Christer Bjorkman doing Scandi karaoke with the crowd was one of the more surreal things I've seen recently.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Apr 27 2015, 01:00 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Glad you enjoyed it!

I've just seen a YouTube comment (so could be unreliable) that Elhaida got quite upset with her vocal tonight, did you see or hear anything to suggest that was the case? If it's true it's great to see her so passionate about delivering perfect performances, I just hope that she makes sure she keeps enjoying the whole experience as the Albanian fans are crazy for her on social media - possibly even more than the Armenians were last year - and I'm sure that puts pressure on her.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Apr 27 2015, 06:51 AM
Post #5
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

Her vocal sounded strong to me but she weirdly hurried right off stage at the end of her performance so it was clear that there was something not quite right.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Apr 27 2015, 01:16 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Apr 27 2015, 07:51 AM) *
Her vocal sounded strong to me but she weirdly hurried right off stage at the end of her performance so it was clear that there was something not quite right.

I've just seen the video of it, she missed the big note and you can see the look of upset in her face. The rest of her vocal sounds great though, and she did hit the big note in Amsterdam so we know she can get there.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Apr 28 2015, 01:48 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

To expand on my previous comment about loving all the contestants' personalities, I've been watching all the interviews from the Moscow and London parties and I love them all even more now! In the interviews with ESC Kaz, Maria Elena explained that when she was younger she used to get all of the work for her exams done before Eurovision so she could have the whole day to focus on the show - I thought to myself it's not just us!! biggrin.gif She also said how well she gets on with Electro Velvet's Alex, I've warmed to him so much now he's so funny and you can see both him and Bianca are enjoying every minute. Alex got a bit emotional when he realised there was only a couple of weeks left until the experience is over and that's so nice to see!

Boggie is possibly the most polite person ever, she's very shy and kind but still has really interesting stories. Elhaida always has so much energy and enthusiasm; John always has lots of interesting things to say and is so nice too. Ann Sophie's interview was amazing too, she spoke in an amazingly posh British accent and made sure she performed for the interviewer this time with a guitar and everything as she was so sorry she wasn't able to last time. Oh and Vaclav and Marta, Lex will back me up here, are fantastically fun - Marta especially is hilarious! Everyone is so so nice I could go on, it really is a joy to get to know all of them through these fansite interviews! I really do recommend checking out ESC Kaz (or Wiwibloggs) for some of their recent interviews.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Apr 28 2015, 02:17 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

Now this is amazing, I've always loved this Wiwibloggs interviewer and he fits perfectly with Marta and Vaclav! Just seen an interview with Mélanie too and she has such a unique accent thanks to studying in the UK for a few years, she's so so nice.

+Quote Post
p a v
post Apr 28 2015, 06:01 AM
Post #9
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

Ugh this makes me want to watch some interviews myself biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Apr 28 2015, 06:59 AM
Post #10
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

Vaclav is brilliant, he covered Roxanne in a really deep/gruff tone of voice the other night and it was absolutely hilarious laugh.gif

The pair of them have infectious personalities, very outgoing and funny.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:16 AM