BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Thick Skin, Appreciation Thread
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
GTH
post Apr 11 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Gareth T H
User: 10,597
Bit out of the blue, but seeing as it is a quiet period in the Leona fandom I thought I would start a thread about how amazing Thick Skin is.

Looking at spotify streams, it will soon take over I Am as the fourth most streamed song from the album (getting around 100,000 streams a month from that streaming service alone), it has become one of the most regularly listened to tracks from the album over 18 months after release.

To me, this was a huge missed single opportunity. Why it was a deluxe only track is beyond me.

Anyone else think this would have been a great single, or was it better left as an album track?

This post has been edited by GTH: Apr 11 2017, 06:40 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dmdr
post Apr 12 2017, 01:09 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 21,348
I love it, I remember saying back when the album was being promoted maybe they should have pushed this as a single in the UK. I doubt it would have smashed but I think it would have been better received than the other singles from the album, especially for the Radio 2 audience.

+Quote this post
Scene
post Apr 12 2017, 02:53 PM
Post #3
Group icon
This is where you end and I begin
User: 5,567
I didn't really get into Thick Skin until the Queen of Katwe trailer came out - but I enjoy it now. There's something very Sia about it lyrically and Sam Smith musically so I guess with that combo it had single potential. biggrin.gif I just don't think radio was there for Leona at that point. I still believe Power could've made some waves. kink.gif

+Quote this post
GTH
post Apr 13 2017, 02:04 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Gareth T H
User: 10,597
There were definitely plenty other single choices better than I Am to lead the album release here, including Thick Skin and Power. I do agree that it was highly unlikely for Leona to get a major hit at this point without more radio and tv exposure. Certain she could have got at least one more top 75 single out of the album here still. Ideally Thunder should have just been treated as the second global single, but I guess we will never know if things would have gone differently with that strategy.

Was so pleased to see that this song managed to find an audience through the Queen Of Katwe trailer. It definitely gave Leona a bit more global credibility, hearing current music from her in trailers/film. Really hoping to see Leona land more soundtrack features, whether that be original songs for film/tv or more of her own music being used.

This post has been edited by GTH: Apr 13 2017, 02:08 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:32 AM