BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Crown, Netflix | Season 4 on 15 November 2020
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post 27th October 2017, 05:54 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

The Crown has yet to release its second season with Claire Foy and Matt Smith as Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip but talk today has already been about the show’s third season. In the third season, it’s ALL change as the cast are replaced to replicate the change in time. It has been annouced that Olivia Colman will take over the role of The Queen as the series goes into the mid-60s to the 80s!

The series is the most expensive show ever made and will broadcast the second season in December!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 27th October 2017, 05:57 PM
Post #2
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

This is not really my thing at all despite Matt Smith of course piquing my interest but Olivia Colman really makes me wish I would enjoy this if I watched it! It’s one of those castings that I would never have thought about but seems PERFECT now and I can’t look past it! She’ll be brilliant like she is in everything, will be interesting to see who will be Prince Phillip, maybe Matt can regenerate into Peter Capaldi once more kink.gif

+Quote this post
Severin
post 2nd November 2017, 04:14 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872

The crown is one of those weird things in life. I don't really like period dramas like this and I'm not at all interested in the royal family so I should hate it but the show is absolutely brilliant.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 27th November 2017, 09:31 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

I just watched the first series over the past week and really enjoyed it! All of the big players have been brought to life so well and it's nice to have a big historical drama of something a little closer to us in history.

I liked most of the portrayals - The Queen, Princess Margaret and Churchill were great. I thought Matt Smith as Prince Philip felt too much like Matt Smith playing Prince Phillip at times. Queen Mary was an absolute fave too. She was an absolute battle axe queen in the way of like Olenna from GOT!

Really excited for Season 2 and glad it's not long to go!

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 10th December 2017, 03:06 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I Drink Wine

Season 2 is great too! The Queen vs. Jackie Kennedy *.*

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 5th January 2018, 08:07 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I Drink Wine

omg Helena Bonham Carter is likely to be the new Princess Margaret!!!

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 7th January 2018, 01:03 PM
Post #7
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Is this really as good as people say it is? I absolutely adored Downton Abbey and got properly immersed into it (maybe have been... more than emotional... at some deaths) so I think another similar-ish? period drama would be nice.

+Quote this post
Severin
post 9th January 2018, 04:45 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872

I normally hate this sort of fair but it is incredibly good, so yes it's worth checking out

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 20th January 2019, 04:06 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I Drink Wine

Latest rumours are that Gillian Anderson has been lined up to play Thatcher!!

+Quote this post
gavindeejay
post 26th January 2019, 10:44 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
User: 7,645

I wish series 3 would hurry up! I’m having withdrawal symptoms!

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 25th September 2019, 09:32 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I Drink Wine

I thought I'd miss Claire Foy but oh my!!!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 26th September 2019, 12:42 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

I cannot wait for this, absolutely loved series 1 and 2 thought Clair Foy was outstanding in the role as were most of the cast (not so sure on Matt Smith), really intrigued to see what Olivia Coleman brings to the role.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 17th November 2019, 02:59 PM
Post #13
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Happy season 3 of The Crown day everybody! w00t.gif

I've caught two episodes so far and it's just as brilliant as the first two series - especially the new cast who continue on seamlessly. I think S03E02, 'Margaretology', actually might be my favourite episode of The Crown so far! (Although, I might be a little biased as the Margaret-centric episodes always seem to be my favourite tongue.gif).

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 17th November 2019, 03:04 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455

Just finished the first two episodes as well. Olivia Colman & Tobias Menizes have stepped into the roles of Elizabeth & Phillip really well, although at the moment I feel that Helena Bohnam Carter is just HBC playing Princess Margaret at the moment rather than being the character, although she was great in the 2nd episode.

I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being any commentary over how the plot about Harold Wilson in the first episode might draw some parallels to contemporary political concerns...

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 27th October 2020, 09:53 PM
Post #15
Group icon
I Drink Wine

Season 4 just a few weeks away now - 15 November! It does feel like they've rushed slightly to get to the Charles & Diana saga but hype nonetheless and particularly to see Gillian Anderson in action as Thatcher.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 30th October 2020, 03:16 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

New trailer out yesterday! I'm so excited for this season!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 30th October 2020, 03:27 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

I'm SO hyped for this!!

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 30th October 2020, 03:59 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

I really didn’t think I’d like this as I’m not a massive royalist but I’ve just finished all three seasons in around three weeks.

It’s so good! I found it so interesting and I think Claire Foy was outstanding in her role as the first Queen we see in the series. But I also love Margaret too. I enjoyed seeing Prince Charles come into his own as a character in S3 and Anne as well! But it’s such a good show and the casting done so well in terms of picking people who were perfect for the part it’s funny looking at them side by side you do see a resemblance on occasions.

The upcoming season looks brilliant. Thatcher and Princess Diana will be very good additions to the cast!

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 18th November 2020, 06:33 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

Anyone watched it yet? I just finished it after binging like 2/3 of the season yesterday lmao. As a non-Briton I find this show so interesting and this was probably my favourite season yet. Absolutely heartbreaking to watch poor Diana but really Emma Corrin and Gillian Anderson did such marvellous jobs this season. Very excited to see how they tackle Diana's death in season 5 although I'm not sure I'll be emotionally ready even in 2 years when they premiere next season.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 18th November 2020, 06:54 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

I’ve only seen one episode so far of the fourth season and I’m completely flawed at Gillian Anderson as Thatcher.

Wanting to take my time with this season but I know I’ll see so much on Twitter that I should probably have a good old binge over the weekend. Very Interested for Diana’s story though. From what I seen of her in episode 1 Emma Corrin was perfect in her mannerisms and I think she’ll be one to watch. I can see her being the most in demand actress of 2021/22 off the back of this show.

The character of Charles too is also very very good! I remember him from The Durrells I think it was on ITV. He was also very well casted. Hoping we see lots of Anne in S4 I loved her character last season laugh.gif

I have to say I think this show paints Prince Phillip in a really bad light laugh.gif all try actors though are really talented / strong and are very very suited to their roles.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 04:47 AM