BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> DARK, German Netflix Series / Season 2 available now!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HarryBorelli
post 4th December 2017, 04:27 PM
Post #1
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

If you like stranger things this might be for you, only watched two episodes of the 10 part series but all ready hooked.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Maz!
post 4th December 2017, 07:33 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,217

Already finished the whole series,this is darker than Stranger Things. Absolutely brilliant made! Hope there will be a 2nd series.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 4th December 2017, 08:16 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

Yup, on my To Watch list. Looks brilliant!

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 9th December 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,860

Really wanna watch this at some point!

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 12th December 2017, 09:32 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Ok I just finished this and WOW I’m completely blown away it was absolutely amazing, if you like Stranger Things You’ll Love this. I loved the tone and just how dark it was throughout. One of my problems with it tho is that the characters seem a bit lifeless, like I was never really rooting for anyone other than feeling bad for Jonas towards the end. But it’s amazing and I need a season 2 rn, there’s so many unanswered questions and stuff to tie up I can’t wait

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 4th February 2018, 04:00 PM
Post #6
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

I really, really enjoyed this. I have just got round to finishing it and despite the really dodgy dubbing and the utterly confusing storyline I was totally hooked by the time the homerun came around. I felt so sorry for Jonas, I purposely think he was the only one we were meant to root for.

There are so many unanswered questions so I am glad Season 2 is on the way. I totally want to know if Older Jonas did manage to change time though, as I am not sure if young Helge ever popped up in the 80s, or Jonas actually visited the future in the timeline. I find it really difficult to work out if Claudia is good/bad too.. I am assuming it is ambigious. And bloody Noah who can obviously time travel, but seems obsessed with travelling through time.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 4th February 2018, 04:23 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

I loved this too - although I couldn't get past the dubbing, had to watch the original with subtitles.

I didn't even really root for Jonas tbh, I found the strength of the show was trying to work out who was who and what and why etc...

+Quote this post
Qween
post 4th February 2018, 07:35 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

I'm currently on episode 5, but I'm absolutely gripped. Not a clue where it's going yet. I do agree about the dubbing which is truly WOEFUL, but it all comes good with the subs.

The side by side shots at the end of episode 3 did feel a TOUCH uncalled for though, but that's the only main criticism so far.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 4th February 2018, 10:19 PM
Post #9
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

All the reviews I read said to read it with subtitles, but I just couldn't. I was watching it right before bed so it was really hard to concentrate and get an idea of what was going on.

I think the side by side shots were necessary personally, to make track of the story you really need to know who is who in each timeline and what implications their actions have. I can't remember if it's episode 8 or episode 9, but one of the best lines in TV I have ever witnessed is spoken.. you'll know when you hear it.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 1st July 2019, 06:12 PM
Post #10
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Season 2 of this is out now and is getting very good reviews! Anyone watching?

I really liked the first series but I'm gonna need to watch a recap of it first as it was soooo confusing at times and apparently this season is even more so! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
BridgeCow
post 1st July 2019, 07:16 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Really really need to get onto season 2, likewise I’m gonna have to watch a recap or somehing tho cus I really cant remember the mindf*** that was season one too well lol

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 6th July 2019, 02:05 PM
Post #12
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

Season 2 is fantastic, it ramps up the stakes big time and there are quite a few major plot twists. I have no bloody idea what is going on though, I mean some of the reveals are absolute mindf***s.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 6th July 2019, 03:04 PM
Post #13
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

I have watched three episodes so far of... season 1 now, and I'm really enjoying it. I will hopefully catch up to season 2 soon now I'm on board, this seems like exactly the sort of intricate plot weaving I love.

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 22nd July 2019, 06:32 PM
Post #14
Group icon

I do truly hope more of you get round to this soon, I've finished Season 2 and it was so engaging and surprising at every turn, it's still so intricate and straight out odd particularly with these family reveals, but it's built-in so well it just increases intrigue. It feels like it could expand even more given the final minutes of the last episode and given next season will be the last one, I've got high hopes it'll go out with a bang.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 10th July 2020, 09:23 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

Did anyone stick with this to the end? Just finished it tonight and it was as good a conclusion as you could hope from this sort of show.

I did get a little frustrated this season as it seemed to be in a bit of a holding pattern for a few episodes in the middle. Plus it’s easily the most confusing show I have ever watched. Literally had to site and write a map of who is who and what and how and when and where to keep any sense of what the f*** was going on.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 10th July 2020, 09:24 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

Also Claudia FTW/Claudia for life

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 10th July 2020, 09:54 PM
Post #17
Group icon

I'm two episodes into Season 3, I definitely intend to stick with it until the end though, I'm always utterly confused and need to keep a family tree near me and read up on it after watching, but it's so beautiful and intricately plotted and doesn't feel confusing for the sake of it, it's just purposefully slow to unfold.

I'm still reminding myself of where all the various characters were after the apocalypse in the last season, I am very interested in where Jonas/Martha's storyline goes in both timelines, the latter seems like she may become his main threat to restoring order.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 10th July 2020, 10:10 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

We stayed with this and really enjoyed it... was glad that Season 3 actually tied everything up, can't think of any loose ends at all!

I'm still not totally sure I know exactly who was who etc but I think I've followed it well enough despite that - BIG SPOILER: although some of the people I expected to 'vanish' didn't so I clearly hadn't got everyone mapped correctly!

+Quote this post
Qween
post 11th July 2020, 09:01 AM
Post #19
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

Helge, Tronte, Noah and Agnes were the ones who I “lost” in it all.

There are quite a few loose ends in it, some I’m sure are purposeful such as the final scene giving away very little, but we never worked out how or what Charlotte and her bird killing powers had to do with anything or what Alexander and that murder storyline in 1986 when he lived in Marburg had to do with anything for example. Quite possibly deliberate red herrings, but they did get a decent amount of story time.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 29th July 2020, 11:42 AM
Post #20
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

Season 3 was the least enjoyable for me. I liked the poetry of it all, and the announcement of the "3rd timeline" was a proper shock with only a couple of episodes to go.

Just seemed sad that so many characters actually never made it because they never existed!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 01:01 PM