BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> question time
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Steve201
post 20th March 2015, 09:40 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138
Anyone see this last Thursday evening - Charles Kennedy was almost certainly on the whiskeys beforehand. Must have seen the latest Ashcroft polls!!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 20th March 2015, 09:45 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
QUOTE(steve201 @ Mar 20 2015, 09:40 PM) *
Anyone see this last Thursday evening - Charles Kennedy was almost certainly on the whiskeys beforehand. Must have seen the latest Ashcroft polls!!

Last week's panel was pretty poor. Charles Kennedy had either had a few or was simply unwell. The Labour and Tory representatives were both pretty weak as well. After all, it included defence minister Anna Soubry insisting that a reduction in service personnel from 95,000 to 82,000 was not a cut.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 20th March 2015, 10:00 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
Awful woman, she literally mirrors Thatcher in her styles of talking.

Yeh I love Charles Kennedy as an MP - good old SDP style Lib Dem but he wasn't all there and I did feel sorry for him a bit. Least we had Ian Hislop to give us his little insights.

This weeks one was much better - Will Self is always funny if a little too much and I like Chukka even if he clearly is desperate to be leader. The woman from the Tax Payers Alliance was a dose tho!!

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 20th March 2015, 10:18 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I'm not a fan of Will Self, so I decided that a combination of him and a dipstick from the Taxpayers' Alliance was too much to stomach.

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 25th March 2015, 11:41 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
Ha Dipstick haven't heard that word in a while!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 26th March 2015, 05:44 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Mar 20 2015, 10:18 PM) *
I'm not a fan of Will Self, so I decided that a combination of him and a dipstick from the Taxpayers' Alliance was too much to stomach.

Neither am I - he reviewed my friends Comics business in Putney and mentioned Comic Book Guy in a not particularly flattering way, when he's a gem of a person.

Self Self Self, if ever anyone was named correctly....

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 26th March 2015, 10:55 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
I liked this clip of Will Self from Shooting Stars, apart from that I agree with everyone else. Not a fan at all.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 9th April 2015, 11:39 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Liz Truss was spectacularly awful tonight. It was almost as if the Tories had deliberately decided to send their most patronising minister to represent them.

+Quote this post
Danny
post 9th April 2015, 11:45 PM
Post #49
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 457
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Apr 10 2015, 12:39 AM) *
Liz Truss was spectacularly awful tonight. It was almost as if the Tories had deliberately decided to send their most patronising minister to represent them.

She's hilarious.

This post has been edited by Danny: 9th April 2015, 11:45 PM

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 9th April 2015, 11:52 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Danny @ Apr 10 2015, 12:45 AM) *
She's hilarious.

Before tonight, I had thought that HIGNFY might have been exaggerating her inadequacy. Not any more.

+Quote this post
nickthenoodle
post 10th April 2015, 12:25 PM
Post #51
Group icon
livin' legend you can look but don't touch
User: 4,844
Eugh and then Louise Mensch on This Week after. I'm no Tory fan but they really can find better people to represent themselves than that awful pair!

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 10th April 2015, 01:11 PM
Post #52
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
Indeed she was awful on it, a chip on her shoulder feminist with a right wing agenda!!

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 29th October 2015, 11:13 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
You've got to love the Tories for their strange grip on reality. The former leader of the Scottish Tory party said tonight that Harold Wilson was unelectable. He led Labour into five elections. He won four of them.

She also said that she voted in favour of the tax credit cuts because she supported the principle of changes to the system and even though she didn't support the detail. If Osborne or Duncan Smith proposed shooting half a million unemployed people, would she vote for that because she supported the principle of reducing unemployment?

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 29th October 2015, 11:53 PM
Post #54
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561
If they so desperately wanted to cut the benefits bill (of which PENSIONS make an ever-increasing vast majority - £153bn or 58% of total welfare - but they won't because most of the old codgers are selfish bastards who vote in great numbers and usually for the Tories) they could start by looking at the housing benefit crisis which is brought about directly by failing government policy as reported in the Independent tonight.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-...s-a6713936.html

I suspect they won't though as most of this money ends up in the hands of .. you've guessed it rich Tory landowners/landlords or PENSIONERS. Ugh. Kill me now.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 29th October 2015, 11:58 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
One of the audience members tonight said that Labour had taken Scotland for granted. They were right. Labour has consistently taken its core support for granted. The Tories, by contrast, have always looked after their core supporters very well.

+Quote this post
Qassändra
post 30th October 2015, 02:44 AM
Post #56
Group icon
DROTTNING!
User: 480
Incorrect. The Tories have always been more vocal about looking after their core supporters very well. The biggest failure of the New Labour government wasn't that it didn't help the poor, but that by fearing its measures were less popular than they were, staying quiet about them. Which has meant plenty have been rolled back to little fanfare. If Osborne gets through tax credit cuts, arguably the only remaining substantive socioeconomic legacy of New Labour (other than to the generation growing up under it) will be equalities legislation.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 5th November 2015, 07:12 PM
Post #57
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
One of my favourite people, Victoria Coren, is one of the panelists on Question Time this evening. As is Peter Hitchens, who is also a human.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 5th November 2015, 08:17 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Nov 5 2015, 07:12 PM) *
One of my favourite people, Victoria Coren, is one of the panelists on Question Time this evening. As is Peter Hitchens, who is also a human.

Debatable.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 5th November 2015, 09:29 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
QUOTE(Doctor Death @ Oct 29 2015, 11:53 PM) *
If they so desperately wanted to cut the benefits bill (of which PENSIONS make an ever-increasing vast majority - £153bn or 58% of total welfare - but they won't because most of the old codgers are selfish bastards who vote in great numbers and usually for the Tories) they could start by looking at the housing benefit crisis which is brought about directly by failing government policy as reported in the Independent tonight.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-...s-a6713936.html

I suspect they won't though as most of this money ends up in the hands of .. you've guessed it rich Tory landowners/landlords or PENSIONERS. Ugh. Kill me now.

The Max state pension is £150 a week. Most get less, and a couple much less. Selfish spongeing bast*rds lounging about on the hard-earned taxes of working people, and they don't even have the decency to drop dead at 65 (well, most of them at any rate). Jobseekers allowance is half that, though you might argue, ooh, older people have spent their life paying tax, and oh I dunno, young people haven't. Jobseekers and sickness benefit claimants also get just as many, if not more, cushy benefits as pensioners (free bus passes, free TV licence, winter heating bill): they get their council tax free, free dentistry, generous allowances for rent and property charges in flats. If they have children they get accommodation and child support worth up to 26K, which is more than I earn.

The problem isn't the allowances it's that older people turn up to vote and young people don't. Unless there's a sudden Corbyn-led wheeze to reduce the old folk numbers by some kind of Logan's Run cutting pensions, denying them access to the NHS that is never going to change as that's not much of a vote-winner (the Tories BTW are having a right old go at that right now by the way, first question you get asked when you ask for home help? Have you got any savings? First question you get asked when ill in hospital? Could you sign this please if you don't want resuscitation in the event you stop breathing. Cheaper you see than having 'em hanging around taking up a bed for years or home visits).

Savings for your old age suddenly disappear when you get ill. So, yes, old people feel pissed off about stuff, quite apart from feeling crappy, and motivated to vote.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 6th November 2015, 01:10 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Last night's panel was one of the weakest I've seen for a long time. Justine Greening (Tory) just spouted the lines she's been given from Central Office. Ckuka Umunna spoke a lot but said very little. Jenny Jones (Green) was unmemorable and Peter Hitchens was is usual self, the odd good point amidst a load of nonsense. Victoria Coren-Mitchell was great on the NHS and attacking Umunna for being vacuous, less good on some other subjects. At least she was prepared to admit it when she wasn't an expert on a subject. Politicians are petrified of answering "I don't know". They hope that if they speak at sufficient length, the audience won't notice that they haven't actually said anything of substance.

The lad in the audience who didn't seem to have grasped what microphones do was quite amusing.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 09:50 AM