BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rihanna to star in female-led 'Ocean's 8', 8th June (US) / 22nd June (UK)
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
AdamAloud
post Aug 16 2016, 12:35 PM
Post #1
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

Warner Bros. just gave the green light on Ocean’s Eight, which is an all-female spinoff of the 2001 remake of comedy heist Ocean’s Eleven. The renowned entertainment company will apparently start production this coming October and is just one leading role away from finalizing the star-studded cast for this highly-anticipated movie.

Deadline recently reported that Rihanna, Anne Hathaway and Awkwafina will star in the film alongside its initial members, which include Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Mindy Kaling, and Helena Bonham Carter. Hunger Games director Gary Ross will lead the project with Ocean’s Eleven director Steven Soderbergh and George Clooney as its producers.

The film will continue where the original trilogy left off with Bullock leading the pack as she takes on the role of Danny Ocean’s (Clooney) ex-convict sister. As of now, there’s no release date and no word on which female celebrity will snag the eighth spot.

https://clotheshorse.com/rihanna-anne-hatha...n-reboot/288450
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Dec 14 2017, 07:10 PM
Post #2
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Group: Members
Member No.: 8,661

Mindy Kaling has posted a fierce promo poster for this on her Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcsUblrluRf/

So hyped to see Rih and all the leading ladies in this! wub.gif

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Dec 14 2017, 09:26 PM
Post #3
I just had to see your face to feel alive
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

I don't wanna ruin it but every movie she is in flops.

Is filming for the movie completely wrapped up yet? (aka can she get a move on with a new album?).

+Quote Post
Theonix
post May 2 2018, 10:49 PM
Post #4

Full trailer and release date has been brought forward to 8th June!

Rih has like two lines in it - I hope this doesn't mean that she's barely featured (especially as she's credited as "with") :/ Still, looks like a lot of a fun and I'm sure the Ocean's branding will ensure it isn't a flop.

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post May 2 2018, 10:56 PM
Post #5
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

I might be wrong (it could've changed over the past week or so) but I think the UK release date is still the 22nd June (it's always been 8th June in America!)

+Quote Post
Theonix
post May 2 2018, 11:10 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(UltraReputation @ May 2 2018, 11:56 PM) *
I might be wrong (it could've changed over the past week or so) but I think the UK release date is still the 22nd June (it's always been 8th June in America!)

Ah okay, thanks for letting me know! I think you're right - I remember getting the 22nd June from IMDB which was probably UK only.

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Jun 13 2018, 07:34 PM
Post #7

Rihanna will be on the Graham Norton Show this Friday to talk about the film with some of her co-stars! *.* Can't wait to see her back on UK TV - her last appearance was the BRITs in 2016 unless I'm mistaken?!

Also really looking forward to seeing this. It topped the US box office on its opening weekend so hopefully similar success is heading her way next week when it's released here.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jun 13 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #8
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(Theo. @ Jun 13 2018, 08:34 PM) *
Rihanna will be on the Graham Norton Show this Friday to talk about the film with some of her co-stars! *.* Can't wait to see her back on UK TV - her last appearance was the BRITs in 2016 unless I'm mistaken?!

Also really looking forward to seeing this. It topped the US box office on its opening weekend so hopefully similar success is heading her way next week when it's released here.

I think that's her first interview since Alan Carr 2012!! ohmy.gif I've missed her so much lately, even if she hasn't been away as such. Lmao.

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jun 13 2018, 08:03 PM
Post #9
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

The posters for this film look really good, Rihanna and Sarah Paulson in the same film! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Jun 14 2018, 09:29 PM
Post #10
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

I'll see what the film is like before reviewing.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Jun 15 2018, 11:29 PM
Post #11
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

I didn't catch her on Graham Norton but I heard she said she's in the studio *insert eyes* This bitch laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Jun 16 2018, 11:05 AM
Post #12

The interview was hilarious! She bounced off all of her co-stars and Graham really well. A shame we didn't see clips of each of the characters instead of one clip of all of them because Rih didn't do much in what they showed but I'm still super excited to see this! I'm hopefully going on Tuesday biggrin.gif

I'm glad he managed to get a Q about her music in (he said his Twitter feed had been flooded with fans telling him to ask her when it's coming) with the follow-up being "will we hear it before Christmas?". I'm really hoping we do but that's for another thread tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Jul 19 2018, 12:50 PM
Post #13

I went to see this last week when I was on holiday. It's a lot of fun, Rihanna looks stunning throughout (especially after the heist is over, in the red dress wub.gif ) and it left me wanting more! There are rumours of a sequel occurring, which would be great for her as this is officially her first non-flop movie but also it would slow down her music career even more if she got into a successful franchise...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:39 PM