BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> America's Got Talent, Season 14 now on Netflix (Thu/Fri weekly)
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Jun 8 2018, 04:11 PM
Post #1
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

With BGT gone, Netflix has acquired the UK rights to America's Got Talent so you want a fix then it's there wink.gif It's actually been better than BGT the past couple of years, I kept up last season and the winner Darci-Lynn, a child ventriliquist who sang, was one of the best I've seen across AGT and BGT, insane!

There's been two episodes of this current season and there's been some insane talent, not least the acrobatic troupe Zurcaroh who are one of the most astounding things I've ever seen on a show like this, I was absolutely transfixed for the whole time!

It's also been quite wtf though with a "human fountain" act, raunchy dancing from a couple in their 60s and some fat men making dolphin noises with their belly buttons rotf.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 16 2018, 04:58 PM
Post #2
Brown cow, stunning!

WHATTTTTTT

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jun 16 2018, 05:17 PM
Post #3
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

I still can't get over the amazing cat act this year wub.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 22 2018, 01:53 AM
Post #4
Brown cow, stunning!

HOW THE HELL, OH MY GOD

Definitely the right winner, best magic act I've ever seen on any show like this for sure! I'm a sucker for magic anyway but it's astounding what he did mostly with just a pack of cards, sometimes you can guess the tricks and stuff they use to do it but I have 0 idea other than he must actually be magic tbh laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jan 16 2019, 09:32 PM
Post #5
Brown cow, stunning!

Anyone watching the Champions series on Netflix??

I'm OUTRAGED at these bloody "superfans" what on earth are they doing not voting Darci through.....

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 12 2019, 03:46 PM
Post #6
Brown cow, stunning!

Mel B and Heidi Klum are being replaced by Gabrielle Union and Julianne Hough next proper season, with Terry Crews replacing Tyra as host! I LOVE Terry as Champions host so I'm glad that's happening, not having Heidi and Mel will be weird as I'm used to them and love them both but ofc Mel was going to be busy with the Spice Girls tour so I should have realised she'd be off.

+Quote Post
PaulM1983
post Feb 21 2019, 12:05 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 6,471
   No Gallery Pics

I loved the Champions series. The only negative thing was there was just so much talent, I could have picked 5 people from each episode to go through. It was really impossible to pick 2 and some absolutely amazing acts missed out.

I'm clearly in the minority but I can't stand Darci. Yes her act is cute and obviously she's talented but god I'm so bored of it and I don't find her particularly likeable either.

The final results show was awesome. Brian and Christina's duet absolutely blew me away. Those vocals were unbelievable. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 21 2019, 09:40 PM
Post #8
Brown cow, stunning!

Darci was out of this world, I was astounded that she did opera like that WITH HER MOUTH CLOSED. Everyone on Twitter seemed to be so up in arms about Susan not being top 5 but I thought she really didn't deserve it based on her final performance. It felt a bit at times like it was set up to hype her to win and the poor woman didn't again, but it was absolutely the right top 3 for me.

I agree though, it was such a great series! A great idea and they seemed to get pretty much all the best ones back that I wanted other than Grace who I understand is probs busy, so it was such a high standard!

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Feb 24 2019, 07:29 AM
Post #9
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ Feb 12 2019, 07:46 AM) *
Mel B and Heidi Klum are being replaced by Gabrielle Union and Julianne Hough next proper season, with Terry Crews replacing Tyra as host! I LOVE Terry as Champions host so I'm glad that's happening, not having Heidi and Mel will be weird as I'm used to them and love them both but ofc Mel was going to be busy with the Spice Girls tour so I should have realised she'd be off.
i'm kinda sad that mel and heidi are gonna be gone but I'm here for queen julianne *.*

+Quote Post
PaulM1983
post Feb 24 2019, 09:55 AM
Post #10
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 6,471
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ Feb 21 2019, 09:40 PM) *
Darci was out of this world, I was astounded that she did opera like that WITH HER MOUTH CLOSED. Everyone on Twitter seemed to be so up in arms about Susan not being top 5 but I thought she really didn't deserve it based on her final performance. It felt a bit at times like it was set up to hype her to win and the poor woman didn't again, but it was absolutely the right top 3 for me.

I agree though, it was such a great series! A great idea and they seemed to get pretty much all the best ones back that I wanted other than Grace who I understand is probs busy, so it was such a high standard!

I've never been a passenger on the SuBo hype train so I'm glad she didn't win. She can't hold a candle to any of the other singers that she was competing with. I did think it was being set up for her too and that would have been an awful result.

And as for Darci, I don't know why I'm so overly critical of her. I feel so mean, she's so young. But I could see her mouth moving A LOT, especially during the last results show. There are better ventriloquists out there - she just doesn't do it for me. She's a bit too family friendly maybe. Some of the adult ventriloquists can perform more interesting material. I just find Darci so beige.

The act I was most surprised to love was Kseniya. Sand art on paper sounds extremely boring, but she is amazing. The stories she told, the music, the complexity and speed of what she did - I loved it. And she was so humble. When she said that she was just grateful to be able to buy a house from her winnings when she won her own Got Talent show, I thought wow, and they give the American winner a million dollars. She was clearly really overwhelmed at being there and then actually making it that far.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jun 8 2019, 09:24 PM
Post #11
Brown cow, stunning!

This really is on another level to Britain's Got Talent, no question!

From the first two episodes alone, Joseph/Benicio/Kodi/Eric are out of this world! I was so happy Joseph got a golden buzzer, he was just so nice and then I loved his song too, gave me kind of Childish Gambino vibes and that was amazing to see on a show like this, you don't expect that.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 30 2019, 10:39 PM
Post #12
Brown cow, stunning!

This series is insane yet again, has to be Kodi or Emmane to win for me but I also adore Jackie, Dom and the two choirs, I love how they totally turn it round on what you expect from choirs.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:22 PM