BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 2017
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Baytree
post Dec 30 2016, 11:12 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 334
New topic for news of Darius and events in 2017.. Good to see the first entry for the calendar,

http://www.visitmalta.com/en/event-details...ic-beatles-9938

This post has been edited by Baytree: Dec 30 2016, 11:13 AM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Baytree
post Jan 15 2017, 03:36 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
This seems to definitely be on.

http://www.goldpix.co/media/1406701265748446204_4223319878

Reconstructing Jack is listed on IMDB now but as it's still in development, further info is only available to those with Pro access.

So, Darius as Jack the Ripper.

Apparently he was cast in early December.

Outdoor scenes will be filmed as close to the historical locations as possible -

The director and others have just been in London scouting locations.

The pilot is ready to be filmed.

This post has been edited by Baytree: Jan 15 2017, 03:48 PM

+Quote this post
Baytree
post Jan 15 2017, 04:47 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I can see why this project would appeal to Darius.

Another iconic role - tick.

He loves new challenges. And this one will be really fascinating. It's cutting edge new.

Darius has done theatre in the round -almost- in Gone With the Wind.

However, Reconstructing Jack will be filmed for 360 Degree viewing, to put the viewer at the heart of live action. At the moment, I think these films are designed for digital viewing using those virtual reality goggles, so the person watching can shift their perspective.

I read an article which said that virtual reality filming could be the next cinematic breakthrough but it's at the very early stages both technically and creatively. New cameras and techniques will develop and eventually things will be standardised, I suppose rather like the development we've witnessed in video recording and personal computers.

Who wouldn't want to be part of something so challenging?

I don't know how big a role Darius will have in the series but I think it's another of those couldn't really turn it down ones.

+Quote this post
Baytree
post Jan 15 2017, 05:46 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Missed this. That's our boy!

Not a mint aero though.

http://www.goldpix.co/media/1421120113973595083_3051041270

+Quote this post
eden
post Jan 16 2017, 11:00 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 393
Thanks for info: Baytree.Wonder. Good news. Now 'bear with' my 'age' and lack of technology etc; 1- Will Darius actually be playing Jack the Ripper? and if so, where where and how would we get to see it. Let me know please, as you know more. Thanks. This

+Quote this post
Baytree
post Jan 18 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
According to the director, he's her new Jack.

I don't think it will be something we'll be able to see.

However, it'll be good experience for Darius as an actor and a producer.

+Quote this post
eden
post Jan 25 2017, 01:33 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
Just a bit puzzled... So who would get to see this film, and where would they view it? You know, it has occurred to me of 'late', that little is ever straightforward in Darius world,and increasingly cloaked in a kind of secrecy. Is that the best way forward, when your need to be seen or heard , since people tend to think that 'you've gone away'! I would love to see him in something soon, or hear new music, but I'm a few years older than April his Mum,so time is of the essence! If I had any 'worldly advice to give to Darius, it would be - "Integrety and perfection is an admirable quality, but can cause you to consequently hit a lot of self destruct buttons in the stubborn determination to maintain the high standards, which few others in this day and age, don't adhere to any more.

+Quote this post
megham
post Jan 26 2017, 11:30 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 111
Have you seen those adverts for the 3D viewers? I must admit I'd buy one to view this. This looks as though it'll combine his acting with the production he's getting in to.

+Quote this post
megham
post May 2 2017, 05:20 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
An interview which shows how much his life has changed

By Brian Beacom

IT’S 16 years since Hurricane Darius arrived in our world, crashing through the national consciousness in Pop Idol.

The young man from Bearsden was defined by a confidence than seemed to know no boundaries.

But where is his 36 year-old head today? Is he still six feet four inches of giant ego? Does the awesome self-confidence allow for even a sliver of introspection?

And in the past, the former Edinburgh University English Lit/Philosophy student has suggested he has a First Class Honours in not answering trickies.
For some reason we launch right into politics and the miseries of the modern world.

What emerges is a thoughtful, concerned 36 year-old who hits out at the taxation strategies of Google and Starbucks and who argues intensely for the right to better education, new industry, and healthcare. “Politicians are as confused and frightened as the majority of people,” he offers.

“But I think Scots, who led the Enlightenment, have more clarity than most. We can come through this.”

So who will you vote for, Darius? “My work or my position in the public arena could distract from solving the problem. For that reason I choose to focus on the solutions.”
Evening Times:

Jeez, we’re just five minutes in and you’re giving me a political answer?

“Personally, I try to use my position, the spheres I move in, to push to ask questions, whether it’s heads of UNICEF, or anchors of Fox News or CNN correspondents. But I won’t align myself to a party because too many celebrities do that in order to maintain their celebrity.”

He’s certainly passionate about change for the better, an egalitarian. It’s in the DNA, he says and relates a imprint in his life. His father, Booth Danesh, developed the first heart-lung machine for premature babies.

“My dad wasn’t celebrated for this, even though he could have patented the idea and made fortunes. Why? Being from Iran he faced terrible political and racial prejudice, which also relegated me as a young schoolboy in Bearsden to being called racist names. But the point is my dad was an altruistic humanitarian who wanted to make people’s lives better.”
Darius Danesh (now Campbell) could have saved lives if he’d gone along with his parents’ dream and become a doctor himself.

But he’d been bitten by the performance bug, indeed, feted by Scottish Opera.

“After watching my dad operate at Stobhill Hospital I knew medicine wasn’t for me.”

Months of arguing and door-slamming days followed until it was agreed he should study at Edinburgh University, close enough to keep an eye on his two young brothers, and a university with its own theatre.

Then in 1992 Pop Idol appeared. “At the beginning of my career I was a young foolish, overly-enthusiastic, tenacious but naïve performer. Now, I admit I am the most flawed person I know. I put my hands up.”

His showbiz career, he says, is now almost a hobby which funds his other plans, his extensive charity work, his mission to bring nanotech firms to Scotland to create product that will benefit society. (“I can’t talk detail right now.”) “Now, I cannot pass someone in the street if they look troubled. I learned first aid when I was young, just in case.”

On a flight to Denmark 18 months ago, Darius attempted CPR on a Greenock man whom he watched die – and then come back to life. He still keeps in touch with John Barclay and his family. “I realised this is what my parents did every day.”
He stresses the need to understand the needs of others. “I’m prepared to be open in life.”

How open? He talks about why he chooses theatre roles; they need to have emotional resonance, stories audiences can empathise with. He explains why Funny Girl’s Fanny Brice story is the story of a breakdown, the tale of an outsider made to feel different. “I’ve just gone through a divorce,” he says of his marriage to actress Natash Henstridge, and adds in soft voice the key song title: “People need people.”

It’s also his mantra. How does he push aside the pain of break-up and go on stage singing about it?

“You don’t push it aside,” he says. “I once tried to compartmentalise it but it doesn’t work. So you embrace it. I bring it up there. I felt a great sense of loss with the divorce and I went through a grieving period. You see, you don’t break up with one person, you break up with three. (Natasha has two sons). And in some ways, it’s like a death. “But what we have to be is authentic. Authenticity is the answer to everything, to conflict resolution, to being a better performer on stage.
“I’ve learned to be present with the sense of loss. I talk it about it with my family and in that way I don’t need to see a shrink or take drink or drugs. It’s about honesty.”

Was he too young, too foolish to marry? “That’s a great question. At 22 I took on the role of stepfather to a three-year-old and a six-year-old. And that relationship was certainly not without its ups and downs.
“The sense I’m left with though, is how lucky I was to make an impact upon these two young boys’ lives. I got to play with them on the beach, to take them to family holidays, I got to bring them to Edinburgh when I was in Guys and Dolls, to tell in ghost stories on the Royal Mile. It was amazing.

“So I have nothing but gratitude for this relationship. I know nothing in life comes easy but I have a peace within me.” He adds: “And we’ll be there for one another if the chips are down.”

“The end of a relationship is a loss of self. I think if you want to have a cry, you have a jolly good cry.

“You know, Prince Harry did more for mental health recently in 25 minutes than mental health educators have done in 25 years. It’s all about telling it as it is.”

l Funny Girl, King’s Theatre, Glasgow,May 30-June 3.

+Quote this post
surrogatemum
post May 3 2017, 04:40 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 7,710
A really good interview I thought, when I read it on Facebook. Sue

+Quote this post
Mack.
post May 22 2017, 12:42 PM
Post #11
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
Bit unfair how he is described at the beginning of the article as
'Is he still six feet four inches of giant ego?'

+Quote this post
megham
post May 22 2017, 01:19 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
No - 6'5, considerate and lovely. An unbiased view there. He has always cared and I do like to see that

+Quote this post
Mack.
post May 22 2017, 10:46 PM
Post #13
Group icon
1992? I hope they mean 2002.

+Quote this post
megham
post May 23 2017, 01:26 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
It's such a shame we missed it - luckily so did Darius. I saw the 2002 one though

+Quote this post
Mack.
post May 24 2017, 12:39 PM
Post #15
Group icon
An article regarding him recovering from meningitis:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish...ecalls-10417463

+Quote this post
TroyTempest
post May 24 2017, 07:39 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 25,512
Darius Campbell will play Nick Arnstein alongside Sheridan Smith when Funny Girl The Musical returns to the Palace Theatre Mon 7 - Sat 19 Aug.

+Quote this post
eden
post May 24 2017, 10:07 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
Nice to read the Daily Record interview with Darius. I am looking forward along with my daughter to see him at the Kings Theatre Glasgow a week on Friday. I have followed Darius's career,and think he is so multi talented.Not always a good thing in some respeats, as it can sometimes interfere with total focus.Nevertheless, I have one 'strange' ambition for Darius,and that is the hope that he can bring to a wider audience, the absolute joy that is his incredIble, unique and compelling baritone .It is like no othereviews baritone I have ever heard,both in the astounding extreme depth and rich power. It also has a modernity to it,that I think is unique,and I would love him to bring that to a much wider audience, since I think it would 'wow all,and the fact that he has avoided that for so long, is no longer relevant to his early reasoning."So Darius,bring it to the fore now,would be a great move.Love his pure falsetto too!

+Quote this post
Baytree
post Aug 18 2017, 09:24 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
He needs someone he can trust without reservation to channel those multi talents and lift the mundane but important background preparations, legal matters, promotion and such like off his shoulders.

I'm not sure Darius even has an agent now. Is he still with Conway Van Gelder?

+Quote this post
megham
post Aug 19 2017, 10:12 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Only for acting and theatre at the moment.

+Quote this post
Baytree
post Aug 19 2017, 11:19 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
That's good to know. Thanks.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:41 PM