BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mosquetania :: National Thread, 142 ∙ "Entertain Me" by Ylona Garcia
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
diva las vegans
post Mar 6 2018, 09:22 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,837
   No Gallery Pics

Nation Name: Mosquetania
Full Name: The Exquisite Queendom of Mosquetania
Capital City: Trinityfjord (pop. 1,875,000)
President: Yekaterina "Katya" Petrovna Zamolodchikova (age 35)
Population: 3,358,000
Language: Mosquish (Official), English (Common), Old Norse (Uncommon)
Denonym: Mosquitanians, Mosquinians

BJSC History of Mosquetania

Map of Mosquetania

Biggest Cities:
1 - Steinstad (pop. 215,000)
A major port in Mosquetania, Steinstad was founded in 1723. The city serves as the trade center of the Mosquetania as it's where the country's main export of Mosquinian goods take place. As a seafaring nation Mosquetania relies a lot on exporting seafood to other nations as Mosquinian fish is allegedly one of the best in the world. The port of Steinstad is where the majority of this export takes place as it is said to be one of the busiest ports in Vinorel with numerous huge companies such as Smersk and Geimskip having their main offices located here.

2 - Ungivogur (pop. 65,000)
Ungivogur serves as pitstop on the road from Steinstad to the capital Trinityfjord. It is one of the smaller major destinations in the country and is perhaps most well known due to its' location among the Strendur mountain range. Originally a mining town, Ungivogur is located at the roots of the mountain that stands in the way of passengers on the way to the capital: Fyrirvari, which is incidentally Mosquetania's highest peak (3,100m). The country's most popular ski resort is situated some 15km from Ungivogur.

3 - Austkuin Islands (pop. 180,000)
Semi-tropical islands with a big dormant (as of now) volcano (Skelfir). Very popular tourist destination.

4 - Manulaken (pop. 255,000)
Located directly between the adequately sized Yolfur (1,200m) and Rangetind (1,080m) as well as between the two beautiful lakes of Vanga Lake and Smyril Lake, Manulaken is perhaps one of the most picturesque cities in Mosquetania. Very big when it comes to fans of extreme sports such as paragliding and skydiving, the city almost doubles in size during the summer months when the average temperature is around 25°c. The city also is home to the biggest gay pride parade in the country outside of Trinityfjord.

5 - Landamot (pop. 155,000)
A border town that should technically belong to neighbouring country Nickodonia but given to Mosquetania after a civil war in the 1960s.

6 - Krossby (pop. 200,000)
A city that is somewhat central with roads leading to most major cities. The auto industry is big here as the Oudi car manifacturers have their headquarters here.

7 - Botenfjord (pop. 310,000)
A fjord not far from the capital that is by many considered a hidden gem. They have a huge arts festival in the summer where many big artists come and play with bigger names coming each and every year.

8 - Hinemogen (pop. 110,000)
9 - Herenvidth (pop. 195,000)
Cities built on opposite sides of each other. Herenvidth is on an island but there is a large famous bridge connecting the two which is a very famous landmark.

10 - Mosqivand (pop. 610,000)
The city by the lake where the country gets its name. In the summer the lake and the countryside around it are filled with a breed of Mosquitos that are very important for the environment as they serve in the same was as bumble bees. These Mosquitos don't bite humans unless aggrivated. Mosqivand is the second-biggest city in the country after the capital.

11 - Bitiby (pop. 55,000)
A town which serves mainly as a port to get to the Krimsey Islands. The Kiril Line ferry company sails between the two ports on a daily schedule.

12 - Krimsey Islands (pop. 120,000)
Not as huge with tourists as the Austkuin Islands but just as (if not more) pretty. In 2009 a cruise ship ran ashore by one of the islands and despite many attempts to salvage the wreck it still remains there to this day slowly decaying away which is actually proving to be a very big tourist attraction.

13 - Trinityfjord (pop. 1,875,000) [Mosquish: Trilekisfjord]
The capital is by far the biggest. The city is split into four main districts where the capes of each fjord meet.

13a - Efsteport
Which has the biggest residential density of the districts. Downtown Efsteport is also the business center of Mosquitania.

13b - Kerleksvik
Contains the cultural downtown of the city. Kerleksvik is also the home to one of the biggest and most fabulous gay pride parades you can find and home to the Stoltborg suburb which is one of the biggest gay suburbs in the world.

13c - Sudhvam
Also known as the old town. When Mosquetania was first discovered in the 1300s this is where the settlers decided to build town. The old city of Sudhvam has some beautiful and well preserved churches and other landmarks.

13d - Punit Island
Small compared to the other districts, Punit Islands has a big national park that surprises visitors because from a distance it looks so puny (hence its name).

This post has been edited by diva thin muffin: Mar 4 2022, 06:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Mar 6 2018, 09:23 PM
Post #2
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Hello from Buzzjack Mountain, we wonder at the reason for the name of this new country? We assume it is after a large and very ancient mosque located in the country.

This post has been edited by The Hissmobile: Mar 6 2018, 09:29 PM

+Quote Post
Brer
post Mar 6 2018, 09:33 PM
Post #3
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

Very colourful flag *.* looking forward to what you have in store for your debut contest, I don't think I'm too familiar with your taste in music so not sure what to expect.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Mar 6 2018, 09:34 PM
Post #4
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

I am feeling that flag *.* the glittery kisses on mine rivalled by none other than a glittery unicorn x

+Quote Post
m
post Mar 6 2018, 09:43 PM
Post #5
I asked for my account to be banned
Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(The Hissmobile @ Mar 6 2018, 09:23 PM) *
Hello from Buzzjack Mountain, we wonder at the reason for the name of this new country? We assume it is after a large and very ancient mosque located in the country.

Or perhaps it's the land of mosquitoes *__*

A warm welcome to the contest from Deandria! (set to return in BJSC 103 after a quick break)

+Quote Post
Riser
post Mar 6 2018, 09:51 PM
Post #6
The horrors persist, but so do I
Member No.: 19,534

Greetings from Harmonica! hi.gif We are excited to hear from your country.

That is indeed a nice flag, up with animals and stars on flags! (Ours has lions, stars, and cinnamon rolls.)

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Mar 6 2018, 09:55 PM
Post #7
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(M. @ Mar 6 2018, 09:43 PM) *
Or perhaps it's the land of mosquitoes *__*

Oh my! Like Kylienips is the land of nipping insects/crustaceans and Kylie lookalikes!

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post Mar 6 2018, 10:37 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Thank you all for the response and compliments on my flag! I have uploaded the map of Mosquetania.

To answer your questions about the name it comes from the fact that Mosquetania has a sub-breed of Mosquitos called Mosquenos that don't bite and are very important to the country's order of nature as they work in a similar fashion as bumble bees in most other countries.

+Quote Post
danG
post Mar 6 2018, 10:44 PM
Post #9
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

hello from South Danaelanda! what kind of music should be we be expecting?

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post Mar 6 2018, 11:01 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Synthpop is very big in Mosquetania and many other styles of commercialized pop, hip hop and dance music thanks to the very gay friendly population. Gender equality is almost at 50% and all men are encouraged to listen to whatever they want as hardly anyone is judged for their musical taste (or anything else as everyone knows sexuality isn't determined by music taste), which is why "Run Away With Me" stayed at No. 1 for 8 weeks in 2015 on the official chart here.

+Quote Post
danG
post Mar 6 2018, 11:06 PM
Post #11
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

a diverse nation then, interesting. South Danaelanda are really into dance music and our aim is to showcase the best in dance music. we like a bit of synth pop too so may get some points from us there.

as for hip hop, sadly it very rarely gets sent to the contest and it usually flops when it does, so you may wanna stay out of that territory tongue.gif

+Quote Post
seven.
post Mar 6 2018, 11:32 PM
Post #12
i can only do one normal thing a day
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

Hello Mosquetania~ we're Trifoski and we like a fair bit of synthpop, and basically anything if it's good ;P best of luck & bring on those tunes!

+Quote Post
Travis
post Mar 7 2018, 12:24 AM
Post #13
hi
Member No.: 22,135

BRIGHT RED SCARE WITH THE LONG BLONDE HAIR cheer.gif wub.gif

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Mar 7 2018, 01:12 AM
Post #14
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

I’m in LOVE with your overall platform. Greetings from Cor Lupus! wub.gif

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post Mar 7 2018, 08:56 AM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Cody Rippon @ Mar 7 2018, 01:12 AM) *
I’m in LOVE with your overall platform. Greetings from Cor Lupus! wub.gif

Thank you dance.gif dance.gif I let my imagination completely loose for this one hahaha. Enjoyed making all the graphics and details and have lots more to add (for example: how did a drag queen become president?)

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post Mar 7 2018, 09:49 AM
Post #16
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

To show off how VASTLY different the music scene in Mosquetania is, here is some of the talent hoping to represent the nation in its' debut at the Buzzjack Song Contest:

Alesso [SE]
Anitta [BR]
Amir [FR]
Arlissa [UK]
Blissful [IS]
Byrta [FO]
Clara Mae [SE]
Felix Jaehn [NL]
Friđrik Dór [IS]
FURA [IS]
Gréta Salóme [IS]
GusGus [IS]
Hildur [IS]
Joakim Lundell [SE]
Jói P & Króli [IS]
Kiesza [CA]
Kilian & Jo [DE]
Krista Siegfrieds [FI]
PNAU [AU]
Play-N-Skillz [US]
Sykur [IS]
Sylvia Erla [IS]
The Brocks [US]

I just have two questions..

1. Am I allowed to have a national final with a public vote to help me decide my entry - as long as I don't show the results of the vote and which song I choose?
2. Has there been decided an official date on which submissions to BJSC 103 start?

This post has been edited by jafetsigfinns: Mar 7 2018, 10:05 AM

+Quote Post
King Rollo
post Mar 7 2018, 11:10 AM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,961
   No Gallery Pics

I like the flag and the detailed map. I think confirmations for 103 are likely to start on Saturday or Sunday and you have a week from then to submit your song. You are allowed to post some songs that you are considering and people can say which one they like the best or which one is most likely to be popular. I'm not aware of anyone doing a national vote before with people sending their votes by PM but I've only been in the contest for a year. You could always try that but I'm not sure how many people would have the spare time to listen to the songs.

+Quote Post
diva las vegans
post Mar 7 2018, 11:16 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(King Rollo @ Mar 7 2018, 11:10 AM) *
I like the flag and the detailed map. I think confirmations for 103 are likely to start on Saturday or Sunday and you have a week from then to submit your song. You are allowed to post some songs that you are considering and people can say which one they like the best or which one is most likely to be popular. I'm not aware of anyone doing a national vote before with people sending their votes by PM but I've only been in the contest for a year. You could always try that but I'm not sure how many people would have the spare time to listen to the songs.

Thank you! I appreciate the compliments! I was more thinking about having a link to surveymonkey where people could vote how they like the songs I feature (no more than 4 songs) but I get what you mean about people maybe not having the spare time which is a fair assessment. I'm gonna mull this over for a bit before I make a decision biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Silas
post Mar 11 2018, 11:51 AM
Post #19
Queen of Soon
Member No.: 3,474

National Finals are allowed! In the past people have done finals where other countries would submit votes.

The next contest will start in the coming few days! happy.gif

Welcome to the contest from République d'Ashton. Any Q's feel free to fire them our way!

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Mar 11 2018, 04:19 PM
Post #20
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(jafetsigfinns @ Mar 7 2018, 02:49 AM) *
Kilian & Jo [DE]
if this is what I think it is you HAVE to send it

(unless you’ve already decided)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:48 AM