BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Three Girls, BBC One | Based on true events
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Botchia
post 15th May 2017, 04:49 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

A three-part drama is airing this week at 9pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Three Girls tells the story of three of the children who were victims in the 2012 grooming and sex trafficking case in Rochdale.

Holly (Molly Windsor) is new to Rochdale and keen to make friends and fit in. She finds herself drawn into a world she cannot escape, despite her pleas for help.

It’s a world that is all too familiar to sexual health worker Sara (Maxine Peake), who has been recording and reporting cases of child abuse for years.

Three Girls is made with the full cooperation of the victims and their families, aims to tell the victims’ stories; how they were failed by authorities directly responsible for their protection and how the abuse has impacted on their lives.

After they did a fab job with depicting the events of Shannon Matthews in The Moorside earlier this year, hopefully this will be good too!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 17th May 2017, 08:53 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

Did anyone see this last night? Harrowing viewing but rather good and based on actual events and police statements and interviews. Awful how they didn't really believe Holly after she said she'd had sex before.

Parts 2 and 3 tonight and tomorrow.

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 21st August 2017, 07:14 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Really surprised at the lack of response here. I'm late in watching but this is honestly one of the best things I've seen in a long time. So gripping, but very emotional and hard to watch at times.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 21st August 2017, 06:48 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

QUOTE(Jack @ Aug 21 2017, 08:14 AM) *
Really surprised at the lack of response here. I'm late in watching but this is honestly one of the best things I've seen in a long time. So gripping, but very emotional and hard to watch at times.

Definitely one of the best shows of the year! As you say difficult to watch but very gripping and emotional!

+Quote this post
DalekTurret32
post 24th August 2017, 06:07 PM
Post #5
Group icon
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
User: 21,666

One of my favourite miniseries of the year, along with Decline And Fall

+Quote this post
mdh
post 29th August 2017, 09:18 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776

Oh I ADORED this! Very disturbing watch in places but such a gripping representation and it was nice to see justice of a sort in the end.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 07:48 PM