BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should I Make My Own Personal Chart?, Seeing as it's the trend to do so
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Awardinary' Personal Chart
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
awardinary
post Aug 16 2016, 12:48 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

I've been beating about the bush with this concept for a while, as I truly don't know how I would justly rate what songs go up and down each week and which stay.

What are the tricks to compiling a successful personal chart that can be consistent each week? blink.gif

Are there rules on what songs/genres you can or can't include in your personal chart, or even how old they are? ohmy.gif

What are the maximum/minimum number of tracks you should include in your chart? mellow.gif

How often should you post your personal chart? Daily? Weekly? Fortnightly? Monthly? Annually? unsure.gif

By posting my own chart, would other members really care what I thought were my best songs of the week? cry.gif

You can see my confusion... wacko.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Aug 16 2016, 01:12 PM
Post #2
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

Do it!!

Answers to your questions:

What are the tricks to compiling a successful personal chart that can be consistent each week?
There's a pinned thread at the top of this section which includes a guide to making a chart if you'd like to use that! It's totally up to you though, it's your chart so you're welcome to compile it however you want!

Are there rules on what songs/genres you can or can't include in your personal chart, or even how old they are?
No rules whatsoever biggrin.gif

What are the maximum/minimum number of tracks you should include in your chart?
However many you want! In terms of the multichart, only a top 40 maximum will be counted, but you can post more or less than that if you like.

How often should you post your personal chart? Daily? Weekly? Fortnightly? Monthly? Annually?
Most members post a weekly chart, with some doing it monthly, bi-weekly or even daily in one case I know of! It's really down to you and how much effort you want to invest I guess happy.gif

By posting my own chart, would other members really care what I thought were my best songs of the week?
Yes!!!

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Aug 16 2016, 03:06 PM
Post #3
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Yes, do it! Charts are fun

I'm only quite new on here myself but I've already got into doing it. Recently I went through people's individual charts (on the multichart page) and made a playlist of all the songs I didn't know. Great exercise to do!

Already I'm enjoying using my chart (updating weekly) to share on some of the under-the-radar or older tracks that I listen to and see if other people like them too.

Give it a shot! Most people do a top 40, 30, or 20, in answer to your other question.

This post has been edited by 360Jupiter: Aug 16 2016, 03:07 PM

+Quote Post
mdh
post Aug 16 2016, 03:10 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,776
   No Gallery Pics

What are the tricks to compiling a successful personal chart that can be consistent each week?~
- I'd include chart runs and maybe a change of where the song was last week. It's nice to keep your chart relatively simple, but see in the case of Spinning Adam's chart, among others, there is a lot of detail which is really effective - but there doesn't have to be.

What are the maximum/minimum number of tracks you should include in your chart?~
- Probably a top 10 at the minimum, and a top 100 at the maximum. The likes of Taylor Jago and danG do top 100's - both very impressive.

By posting my own chart, would other members really care what I thought were my best songs of the week?~
- Yes, certainly! There are a load of us that comment on charts regularly, and unlike some other forums on Buzzjack you can just jump in and be part of the community. People are bound to comment on your chart!

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Aug 16 2016, 10:41 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

It seems the consensus is that I SHOULD post a personal chart.

Thanks for your input guys, I'll have a go at this sometime later in the week hopefully. smile.gif

+Quote Post
awardinary
post Aug 17 2016, 11:31 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

Coming soon...

This post has been edited by awardinary: Aug 17 2016, 11:32 PM

+Quote Post
Riser
post Aug 18 2016, 03:23 AM
Post #7
The horrors persist, but so do I
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

The answer is ALWAYS yes biggrin.gif You can use whatever format you'd like and adjust it as you go along. Maybe look at other members' charts for inspiration. As for this question:

QUOTE(awardinary @ Aug 16 2016, 08:48 AM) *
I've been beating about the bush with this concept for a while, as I truly don't know how I would justly rate what songs go up and down each week and which stay.
Why not use your last.fm? ohmy.gif Since it does all the work of tracking your play counts already, and it's a good idea even if some might see it on last.fm because not everyone will! Hope that makes sense.

Here's the link to the resource thread Joseph mentioned and you can always PM a Personal Charts mod if needed happy.gif

+Quote Post
JSG
post Aug 18 2016, 04:03 AM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 18,473

Hello Awardinary. Agreeing with ny Co-mods here in that there is always room for another personal chart in the forum!! There are no rules to how you compile your chart at all so it's up to you to do it how you like and have fun!

There's also the The Buzzjack Album Multichart at the top of the Personal Charts Forum along with The Buzzjack Songs Multichart where all of the charts from the week get compiled to make one bug chart of the most popular songs on Buzzjack for that week biggrin.gif

Seriously, if you have any questions, you can PM myself, Riser, Joseph or Seven smile.gif

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Aug 19 2016, 12:32 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

I firmly believe that everyone should do a personal chart! cheer.gif Then again, I'm obsessive - did my first one age 10, did a weekly one age 13 and been doing a 75 since I was 20. It's not just great to sort out which songs you like best at the time, it's fun to go back and see what you used to like years later. Or decades later and you can get a fabulous nostalgic glow laugh.gif

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Aug 19 2016, 02:33 PM
Post #10
The Lady Said Go Home!
Member No.: 20,835

I think you should give it a go and see if you like making a personal chart

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:55 AM