BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jupiterdonia National Thread, 116: grab ur wigs & wagons ladies
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
TheJüpreme
post Mar 27 2019, 01:03 PM
Post #121
they're girls - and cousins too!!
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Bré @ Jan 21 2019, 09:19 PM) *
Nadia Ali was sent 3 times before but hasn't really had a hit yet (one DNQ, one that qualified and came last and one in a 'one big final' contest which finished bottom 10) - Tritonal also haven't had much luck as they've been entered twice before with both DNQing, the first of which was at the time one of the highest scoring songs in a semi-final to miss out magic.gif Best of luck outperforming that history. x

Also. BOOM. Dat 17th 😁😅😋
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheJüpreme
post Apr 1 2019, 12:04 AM
Post #122
   No Gallery Pics

Yass we finally are able to send a great pop track! This has been my personal chart #1 for a record 4 weeks running so we're really glad to not get a veto and be able to share it with you guys! Hoping to qualify with this latest Jupiterdonia genre shift!

+Quote Post
TheJüpreme
post Apr 18 2019, 10:46 AM
Post #123
   No Gallery Pics

3rd! A new peak position for Jupiterdonia biggrin.gif

Very happy with that and glad you all enjoyed LÉON - including some unlikely fans!

We might genre switch up again next time but it was fun to send pop for once and also for something I really liked to do well for once biggrin.gif

Be sure to check out LÉON's album (just released) if you feel like seeing wjat more she has to offer!

+Quote Post
TheJüpreme
post Apr 27 2019, 06:00 PM
Post #124
   No Gallery Pics

???

For 114: tropical summery dance, or pop again? Thoughts? Likely both will be unknown to you guys (yes ik that's the point x)

This post has been edited by JüperTrouper: Apr 27 2019, 06:00 PM

+Quote Post
TheJüpreme
post May 4 2019, 01:36 AM
Post #125
   No Gallery Pics

Ultimately it was pop again we went for with placeholder track What About Me from Whinnie Williams, a track that was a Jupiter fave last year and which some of you might've seen ending up in the Jupiterdonian 2018 top 100 tracks countdown.

Whinnie - real name Jade Williams, something some of you might find amusing - previously had a brief moment in the sun as Sunday Girl during which I vaguely feel she got Radio 1 support. I wasn't aware of that when I first came across this track mind. Similar to my last entry by LEON, What About Me has a retro sensibility and quite classical pop sound. In contrast to that song, this is a bit slower with an old-world girlband aesthetic to it, and a less dramatic - but I feel more artistic video. Tbh the artistry is a big slice of its appeal imo.

We're finally getting round to sending this great track after nearly doing so a few times last year, only to be taken with something else towards the end of the qualifying period. Hoping to continue our qualifying streak now, even with a fairly slow ballad by BJSC standards! Have a watch & listen below and if you like, please do give us points!

+Quote Post
TheJüpreme
post Jun 13 2019, 02:00 PM
Post #126
   No Gallery Pics

Back to dance for 115 with ReOrder livening up Armin van Buuren's attempt at a pop song with Bonnie McKee. Lonely For You (ReOrder Remix) is exactly the kind of trance that's right up my street, hopefully this will return Jupiterdonia to Q status and the top half of the leaderboard! Its a tough semi tho so only time will tell.

If you like, please do throw some votes our way as it seems people still firget we won't qualify if you don't! tongue.gif

Here's the track, sadly without a video so get to doing something else while it's on! I find its a great workout/housework energizer wink.gif

This post has been edited by TheJüpreme: Jun 13 2019, 02:09 PM

+Quote Post
TheJüpreme
post Jul 16 2019, 10:22 AM
Post #127
   No Gallery Pics

Bonnie and Armin did ok getting us another placing in the 20s, but higher would be nice! We've gone for an upbeat foreign language track for 116, more info on that to come! Big thanks to those who gave us big points last time round biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
TheJüpreme
post Jul 22 2019, 04:10 PM
Post #128
   No Gallery Pics

Yes, 116 sees us go pretty upbeat, Pridey & summery with Brazilian drag queen Gloria Groove's YoYo, featuring IZA. We haven't sent something so poppy in a while and decided to actually go with a queen this time after considering and changing our minds (and getting vetoed once) in the contest main. In many ways this is a spiritual successor to our Pride entry featuring Pabllo Vittar alongside Sofi Tukker.

Have a look and a listen and hopefully enjoy! & join us in plug later in the week for an encore!

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2019 - 10:02 AM