BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
77 Pages V  « < 64 65 66 67 68 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brexit II: This Time It's Irreversible, All the trade talks and future relationship bits
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Suedehead2
post Jan 31 2021, 11:56 AM
Post #1301
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

This "blame the EU" culture is beyond bonkers. If you order something from Amazon and they don't deliver on the date promised, is that your fault or Amazon's? Would you accept that others were ahead of you in the queue or would you expect that to be reflected in the promised delivery date?

The EU were certainly cack-handed over the specific issue of Ireland but, for the most part, they are doing what you would expect - putting member states' interests ahead of those of the UK. If it was the UK manufacturing centres that were failing to deliver, would you expect the government just to shrug their shoulders and say "Ah well, never mind"?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rooney
post Jan 31 2021, 12:36 PM
Post #1302
WINTER IS COMING
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 88

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jan 31 2021, 11:56 AM) *
This "blame the EU" culture is beyond bonkers. If you order something from Amazon and they don't deliver on the date promised, is that your fault or Amazon's? Would you accept that others were ahead of you in the queue or would you expect that to be reflected in the promised delivery date?

The EU were certainly cack-handed over the specific issue of Ireland but, for the most part, they are doing what you would expect - putting member states' interests ahead of those of the UK. If it was the UK manufacturing centres that were failing to deliver, would you expect the government just to shrug their shoulders and say "Ah well, never mind"?

But this is not the issue here. The manufacturing facilities are not producing the same value yields as the manufacturing plants in the UK. The UK financed the project and set up the facilities before the EU. The contracts state expected yields, not guaranteed, hence why I doubt if the issue goes to court, the EU would win any case. So your first problem is the EU did not move quick enough with setting up the facilities. The yields will get to the maximum volume shortly, it's teething problems and completely expected.

Too many people are blindsided by the EU here. I am a vocal remainer but they have ballsed up, plan and simple. Zero of the pharmactucical companies are producing what they expected- AZ, Moderna or Pfizer. The EU are the only ones that have kicked up a public fuss about it and given member states the powers to block exports to non-EU states.

Hopefully once all the vulnerable people have been vaccinated there may be a more co-ordinated effort globally, as like everyone has said, that will be how we get ourselves out of this mess.

+Quote Post
Envoirment
post Jan 31 2021, 03:29 PM
Post #1303
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,030
   No Gallery Pics

The UK is formally applying to join the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) Monday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55871373

+Quote Post
J00prstar
post Jan 31 2021, 03:40 PM
Post #1304
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(T Boy @ Jan 31 2021, 11:51 AM) *
To be honest since the vaccine rollout started, I have been tiring of how the media push it as some sort of competition. It’s about saving lives, it shouldn’t be about scoring political points.

100%

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jan 31 2021, 06:18 PM
Post #1305
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

Not sure why this wasn’t a thing in the withdrawal agreement because it’s fairly fundamental given we share a counting Land border with the EU..... but good news for me I don’t need to arse about with finding a international driving license or a DE sticker before I drive home later in the year. Good to see that the GB Europlates and it’s replacement will still be accepted. That union flag one has been about a while and the NO/IS/CH ones are in the same format so good to see some sense coming out of the UK here to get it done (even if it’s a month late)

Should also make it easier for anyone hiring cars on holiday too by allowing for recognition of driving licenses.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Feb 2 2021, 07:59 AM
Post #1306
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

And as predictable as night following day loyalists have issued threats to workers at the so called Irish Sea border in Larne threatening them in their daily jobs. Those that voted for Brexit now threatening violence against its repercussions. And of course it’s all the remain parties fault for enforcing it, the irony doesn’t hit them hard.

Pretty sure I said this would happen albeit I said there would be a picket of the functions of said border in Larne.

This post has been edited by steve201: Feb 2 2021, 08:00 AM

+Quote Post
p a v
post Feb 3 2021, 11:11 AM
Post #1307
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

Brexiteers clutching at straws using random graffiti as super crucial evidence to blame everyone but themselves. Just another Tuesday :')

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Mar 3 2021, 11:40 PM
Post #1308
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

So the government has went all unilateral on the brexit deal and are ignoring protocols for the Irish border much to the EUs consternation. Albeit they are on shaky ground considering what happened with the vaccine fiasco a month ago.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Mar 4 2021, 08:29 AM
Post #1309
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(steve201 @ Mar 3 2021, 11:40 PM) *
So the government has went all unilateral on the brexit deal and are ignoring protocols for the Irish border much to the EUs consternation. Albeit they are on shaky ground considering what happened with the vaccine fiasco a month ago.

The EU are not on shaky ground. They did nothing illegal. They didn’t even get as far as actually invoking the relevant Article. The UK, in contrast, is proposing to break the agreement and, as a result, international law. There is a very big difference - not that the Daily Mail etc will bother to report it that way.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Mar 4 2021, 11:04 AM
Post #1310
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

I understand that they didn’t break any laws but sometimes it’s not about breaking the law it’s about the principle and it caused huge political issues in NI at any rate. Not that Unionists weren’t looking for an excuse to cause political upheaval over the Irish Sea Border as they oppose it and it’s in their political interests to rally their base around a constitutional issue like this and not see the good side of it in terms of being in a unique position of having access to both markets.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Mar 4 2021, 01:37 PM
Post #1311
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

Unionists arguing that the protocol states both the uk and Eu can legally go unilateral on these issues!

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Apr 28 2021, 11:29 AM
Post #1312
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

Thank goodness we aren’t in the Eu/Eu Medicines Agency and we have a decent vaccine rollout!

+Quote Post
Silas
post May 22 2021, 09:30 AM
Post #1313
Queen of Soon

Niche I know, but today my Brexit Residence card arrived, nearly a fortnight early, and I finally have all the docs to prove my resident status which means that I’m now able to leave Germany again and return without any border issues

+Quote Post
Steve201
post May 22 2021, 04:02 PM
Post #1314
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

What’s a brexit residence card?

+Quote Post
Silas
post May 22 2021, 05:07 PM
Post #1315
Queen of Soon

A standard EU biometric residency title, but with special remarks about our additional rights under the Brexit withdrawal agreement. Think they look different in each country but it doesn’t look a million miles off the biometric cards non-EU (and now all non-UK) nationals in the UK get

+Quote Post
Harve
post May 22 2021, 05:39 PM
Post #1316
Cœur poids plume
Member No.: 4,718
   No Gallery Pics

Congrats! I got my card this week too and I'm delighted!

+Quote Post
Silas
post May 22 2021, 05:45 PM
Post #1317
Queen of Soon

Aaaah that’s great news!!! Congrats to you as well!!

+Quote Post
Steve201
post May 22 2021, 05:50 PM
Post #1318
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

Is that different to settled status or is it for people who live in the EU but are born in the UK?

+Quote Post
Silas
post May 22 2021, 06:01 PM
Post #1319
Queen of Soon

It’s the EU equivalent to the pre-settled/settled status for those of us Brits who have fled plague island

+Quote Post
blacksquare
post May 23 2021, 04:56 PM
Post #1320
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 23,471
   No Gallery Pics

Congrats to both you and Harve — I also got mine last week!

+Quote Post

77 Pages V  « < 64 65 66 67 68 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:31 PM