BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> RPDR | UK | Season 5 | Episode 8
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post 16th November 2023, 05:41 PM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Somehow we are nearly at the end of the season already!

The top 5 have a makeover challenge.

Has Kate got any chance of making it through??
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 16th November 2023, 10:09 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Ginger being kind of robbed in a makeover was not on my UK5 bingo sheet… Michael did amazing too and should have won the Rusical over Ginger so I guess it has balanced things out. I do love Tomara but those two are streets ahead, would be happy with either winning.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 17th November 2023, 12:11 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

I'm gonna say it again, for maybe the third week in a row... I love Tomara but she AGAIN got a pass on something that a bottom 2 queen didn't. God knows how Dede's still here, as she's way behind the others, but her makeover was much better than Tomara's, who had on hardly any make up and didn't resemble Tomara. But because they had *checks* a good time, it was fine?

The thing is, Tomara is an AMAZING lip syncer so I don't see why they are protecting her from the bottom. She'd have beaten Kate too?

Gutted to lose Kate, as she was my favourite, and definitely had more to give than Dede but a lipsync win is a lipsync win. And she held her own for sure, the closest anyone's got to Dede. One of my favourite lip syncs of the series and love hearing Rina on Drag Race finally wub.gif

+Quote this post
152chris
post 17th November 2023, 12:30 PM
Post #4
Group icon
down with jakewild
User: 10,105

yea tbh i want to see tomara show her worth killing some lipsyncs rather than skating by on passes.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 17th November 2023, 12:43 PM
Post #5
Group icon

QUOTE(152chris @ Nov 17 2023, 12:30 PM) *
yea tbh i want to see tomara show her worth killing some lipsyncs rather than skating by on passes.

I think it would make her stand out more than just consistently being 'safe' aswell, so if it's their way of trying to push her along, I feel like it's pushing her into the shadows too. A lipsync near the end can actually sometimes propel a queen because it adds another wow moment to their catalogue.

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 17th November 2023, 12:50 PM
Post #6
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

Echoing the push for Tomara! She's not going to win and probably would've made the final anyway based on her lip-syncing ability? Idk I'm just used to production shenanigans these days so it's all part and parcel. Ginger or Michael to win, Tomara 3rd and Dede 4th and I can't see it falling any other way.

Good episode though and yas for a Rina lipsync! Shame Kate Butch went but it was time and I just knew she would go on a make-over challenge laugh.gif

+Quote this post
p a v
post 17th November 2023, 03:31 PM
Post #7
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Ginger is unstoppable unless they f*** her over at the end there. I don't see Michael coming too close.

They MUST have edited the behind the scenes sequence where they were being matched by Kate....? It's too much of a coincky-dink that they basically all got their perfect matches and no one was f***ed over. The production probably already planned who was going to come out and then filmed the hotline part afterwards.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 17th November 2023, 03:40 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

A roast next week which Kate would have likely smashed at vs Dede coasting for another week?

Choices

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 17th November 2023, 03:49 PM
Post #9
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

I agree about Tomara - her makeover's wig line looking like rotted grout on a shower wall but totally unmentioned, it was giving girl who had gorilla glue in her hair. Ginger should've won by a mile too!

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 17th November 2023, 06:43 PM
Post #10
Group icon

Tomara has the same thing that would have served Krystal Versace well: they can lipsync and (as Dede has shown and Vanity and Tayce before her) you can really root for a queen who isn't always the best at the challenges or who has some weaknesses but is able to make up for those by lipsyncing her way through the competition!

We could've been rooting for Tomara the fighter who lacked a bit of polish, not resenting her for getting passes.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 17th November 2023, 06:44 PM
Post #11
Group icon

QUOTE(✖ leww ✖ @ Nov 17 2023, 03:49 PM) *
I agree about Tomara - her makeover's wig line looking like rotted grout on a shower wall but totally unmentioned, it was giving girl who had gorilla glue in her hair. Ginger should've won by a mile too!

Jesus the library was open today laugh.gif

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 17th November 2023, 06:51 PM
Post #12
Group icon

QUOTE(J00prstar @ Nov 17 2023, 06:43 PM) *
Tomara has the same thing that would have served Krystal Versace well: they can lipsync and (as Dede has shown and Vanity and Tayce before her) you can really root for a queen who isn't always the best at the challenges or who has some weaknesses but is able to make up for those by lipsyncing her way through the competition!

We could've been rooting for Tomara the fighter who lacked a bit of polish, not resenting her for getting passes.

Agreed! There's no doubting Tomara has that "it factor", probably the most of anyone in the competition to be honest. So I am still rooting for her really but I think she's had a higher position than she deserved in like 4 episodes now (design challenge, snatch game, advert, makeover).

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 17th November 2023, 08:58 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

Tomato strikes me as someone who would do well at All Stars. She gives me British Trinity the Tuck vibes.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 17th November 2023, 10:25 PM
Post #14
Group icon

We really need a UK All Stars. Vs the world hasn't been close enough to regular Drag Race for me

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 17th November 2023, 10:41 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 214

How has DeDe made the top 4?

It’s gone from being a strong top 4 to a weakened top 4. Don’t think DeDe won the lip sync

Unpopular opinion but I also feel like Tomara was overrated in this episode. They gave me Clueless, not family resemblance

Next week should be good but as mentioned above Kate would have slayed a Roast

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 17th November 2023, 10:47 PM
Post #16
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I think people are reaching with Kate tbh, I love her and was sad to see her go but based on this week she was the worst in the makeover and lost the lipsync, although she did hold her own. Just because someone did well otherwise or you love them doesn’t mean they should stay, it all comes down to this challenge and the lipsync. If anything, Dede could have been safe and Tomara could have lipsynced and she definitely would have beat Kate. I agree Dede is by far the weakest of the top 4 and weaker than Kate, but that’s how Drag Race goes with this format.

I think Tomara would definitely have a better trajectory if she lipsynced either this week or last! As she hasn’t won anything solo but isn’t in the bottom, she’s not really getting a journey or moments whereas Ginger has her wins and Michael just came back from a bottom 2 to a second win. Tomara is doing well but there’s been a couple of times they’ve inflated her track record when she could possibly have lipsynced and I think it would have gone better for her to do so! I think she’d feasibly send most of this cast home so it’s not like they were risking losing her.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 18th November 2023, 09:47 AM
Post #17
Group icon

I... really liked the concept of Kate's makeover!

I don't understand why so few of them were anything to do with their drag style though. Tomara isn't known for wigs or suits. Dede isn't known for 80s looks. Even Kate isn't really known for references. Only Michael (showgirl) and Ginger (ugly patterns) really recreated their own drag on another person.

+Quote this post
Lee_J11
post 19th November 2023, 06:58 PM
Post #18
Group icon
You can call me Manboy
User: 488

Not Ginger (ugly patterns) laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Lee_J11: 19th November 2023, 06:59 PM

+Quote this post
Calum
post 20th November 2023, 03:41 AM
Post #19
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

Poor Kate sad.gif

I'm kinda over this season now tbh. Ginger has to win.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 22nd November 2023, 07:00 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

Interestingly I think this season is one of the strongest I’ve seen I rate all the queens quite highly in different ways. Tomaras make up was piss poor this episode though. I thought DeDe had more family resemblance with her make up despite outfits not matching.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 18th June 2024, 03:15 PM