BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> 
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HarryEzra's EOY 2017, -Come celebrate the goodness 2017 brought-
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HarryBorelli
post Nov 25 2017, 01:49 AM
Post #1
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

HarryEzra's End Of Year Countdown 2017

Here it comes, it is time, the time we look back at the year of music and most notably the music we loved over the course of the next few weeks I will be counting down my 40 top albums and my top 50 Singles of the last year

I will also give some awards out to artists that have made an impact in Flynnonda (my BJSC country for those who don't know) and give my top 10 artists to look out for in the coming year.

Just to confirm here is what to come:

magic.gif Top 50 singles of 2017 magic.gif
magic.gif Top 40 Albums of 2017 magic.gif
magic.gif Flynnonda's Tips for 2018 (Im calling it Flynonda's Finds 2018 *.*) magic.gif
magic.gif Top 10 Music videos of 2017
magic.gif Top 5 Artists of the Year magic.gif
magic.gif Top 5 Breakthroughs of The Year magic.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jade
post Nov 25 2017, 01:53 AM
Post #2
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Yesss Harry, really can't wait for this as our tastes align a fair amount <3 hyped from The xx GIF alone tbh as they pretty much made my year musically in 2017. wub.gif

+Quote Post
danG
post Nov 25 2017, 07:25 AM
Post #3
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Woo! Looking forward to this, judging by the gifs I'm hoping for high positions for Dua, Sigella, Kendrick, Katy and DJ Khaled/Riri!

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Nov 25 2017, 07:56 AM
Post #4
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

omg how is everyone opening theirs at the same time i haven't even finished prep yet

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Nov 25 2017, 01:47 PM
Post #5
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Hype! Hope Nothing But Thieves can gain a high placing here!

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 25 2017, 03:13 PM
Post #6
The Lady Said Go Home!

QUOTE(Victorian Lights @ Nov 25 2017, 01:53 AM) *
Yesss Harry, really can't wait for this as our tastes align a fair amount <3 hyped from The xx GIF alone tbh as they pretty much made my year musically in 2017. wub.gif

Hi Jade, thanks for the hype and yassss The XX love too much appricated as I love them too cheer.gif

QUOTE(danVember @ Nov 25 2017, 07:25 AM) *
Woo! Looking forward to this, judging by the gifs I'm hoping for high positions for Dua, Sigella, Kendrick, Katy and DJ Khaled/Riri!

Thanks for the hype Danand glad you like those songs I have included as gifs.

QUOTE(Cody Cranberry @ Nov 25 2017, 07:56 AM) *
omg how is everyone opening theirs at the same time i haven't even finished prep yet

Because why not do it now *.* GET TO WORK BITCH tongue.gif

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Nov 25 2017, 01:47 PM) *
Hype! Hope Nothing But Thieves can gain a high placing here!

Thanks the hype Pete!

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 25 2017, 09:33 PM
Post #7
The Lady Said Go Home!

MUSIC VIDEO HONOURABLE MENTIONS

All so so good but the top 10 is super strong wub.gif

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Nov 25 2017, 11:48 PM
Post #8
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

Excited for the music video countdown!!

My favourite video in your honourable mentions list has to be "Bad Liar". It's not often now we get videos with actual storylines and concepts so I'm glad Selena delivered on that one.

I like the "Anywhere" video too but just because Rita owns it and looks so great as a popstar, it's not the most exciting though heehee.gif

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 26 2017, 12:16 PM
Post #9
The Lady Said Go Home!

QUOTE(Josh! @ Nov 25 2017, 11:48 PM) *
Excited for the music video countdown!!

My favourite video in your honourable mentions list has to be "Bad Liar". It's not often now we get videos with actual storylines and concepts so I'm glad Selena delivered on that one.

I like the "Anywhere" video too but just because Rita owns it and looks so great as a popstar, it's not the most exciting though heehee.gif

Hi Josh,

Glad you like the Bad Liar video I love the concept too but I Prefer the 10 I have chosen wub.gif

I love the styling of the anywhere video looks very pretty and she looks beautiful in it.

Thanks For The Comment biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Dobbo
post Nov 26 2017, 11:32 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 20,053
   No Gallery Pics

I didn't think much of the Attention MV but conversely How Long I really liked, his peculiar dancing through the streets is a highlight.

Also You Don't Know Me needed WAY more Raye!

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 27 2017, 12:34 AM
Post #11
The Lady Said Go Home!

Top 10 music videos of 2017

10. The XX – I Dare You

Why?: A video that features many famous people including Stranger Things, Millie Bobbie Brown and Michael Jackson's daughter Paris Jackson who star as the characters in the video. The video features them skipping school which on paper sounds pretty bog standard music videos of teenagers missing school etc but The XX do it differently in place of finding young love(or in Brown's character lack of those things) which is central to the theme of the song and music video. The band feature two in a private pool where the music video concludes. I love the video not only for its narrative but also the cinematography of the music video, very bright.

9. Lana Del Rey – Love

Why?: Easy to answer, because it's quite different from her other music videos. It may have the same ingredients but overall very different. She seems very happy in this music and conveys what the song is about. Like the song/music video above the song is about being young and in love. I love the cinematography in this video (something I might say a lot in this music video countdown) and how beautiful does she look in this video?.

8. Paramore – Hard Times

Why?: Anyone who knows me well will know how much I love Paramore so I was thrilled to have them return this year. What a return this was. This music video heightens an already amazing song. It's fun, colorful, pleasing and very 80's inspired like the song. Bravo Paramore surely one of their best videos along with Misery Business, Ignorance, Brick By Boring Brick and The Only Exception?

+Quote Post
Jade
post Nov 27 2017, 12:38 AM
Post #12
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

'Love' is a great shout here! The cinematography is stunning as you say and Lana really caught me off guard the first time when she actually smiled during it! kink.gif what a lovely sight that was. I'm obsessed with everything to do with the 'I See You' era and that of course extends to the aesthetics - all the music videos this era were so simple but effective!

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 27 2017, 12:46 AM
Post #13
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

I adore the anywhere video and the bad liar video is fab! Hard times is great and Love is utterly stunning so I'm glad to see them both appear here heart.gif

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 27 2017, 12:56 AM
Post #14
The Lady Said Go Home!

QUOTE(D0bz @ Nov 26 2017, 11:32 PM) *
I didn't think much of the Attention MV but conversely How Long I really liked, his peculiar dancing through the streets is a highlight.

Also You Don't Know Me needed WAY more Raye!

Hey Doobo, I would say the How Long video is for sure top 20 for me but I way prefer the Attention video wub.gif

I agree that would be the one thing to improve the YDKM video wub.gif

QUOTE(JerdNoseReindeer @ Nov 27 2017, 12:38 AM) *
'Love' is a great shout here! The cinematography is stunning as you say and Lana really caught me off guard the first time when she actually smiled during it! kink.gif what a lovely sight that was. I'm obsessed with everything to do with the 'I See You' era and that of course extends to the aesthetics - all the music videos this era were so simple but effective!

Hey Jade, Yeah the cinematography is beautiful to look at and lmao yeah I love that she smiled for once (not a shady comment) but it felt like she is really happy at the moment. All te videos of the XX this era have been superb.

QUOTE(UltraReputation @ Nov 27 2017, 12:46 AM) *
I adore the anywhere video and the bad liar video is fab! Hard times is great and Love is utterly stunning so I'm glad to see them both appear here heart.gif

Hey UV, Glad you like the Anywhere, Bad Liar and Hard Times videos. I, of course, knew you would love the Love video and approve of it's inclusion.

Thanks for the comment biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Nov 28 2017, 12:49 AM
Post #15
The Lady Said Go Home!

Top 10 music videos of 2017

07. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do

Why?: This is how to do a big production which you don't get much these days. It has everything great sets, the costumes are well thought out and it all goes really well together. However, I think there three main things that carry the music video to new heights are; Taylor herself, the hidden meanings to the video which include my favorite, using the old Taylor's and also how well it visually looks as a music video. Surely one of the most iconic videos of the year, do you agree?

06. Charli XCX - Boys

Why?: Because takes the usual females portrayed as sex objects and it switches that on its head, this time with Men as the sex objects. A really clever idea as it pokes fun at "The Male Gaze" and all rap videos that do this kind of thing with women. Even Charli and various of her friends make a cameo as the directors who all don fake mustaches and typical director jackets. Plus it has Cameron Dallas, Charlie Puth and many men I find hot in it so that's a bonus wub.gif

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post Nov 28 2017, 10:30 AM
Post #16
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

Hard Times and I Dare You are pretty good.
The former I end up dancing to whenever it comes on.

+Quote Post
Sergej
post Nov 28 2017, 06:04 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 39,723
   No Gallery Pics

Dammit, I'm very late for this.
Either way, great chart Harry.
I've seen a lot of people starting their End of Year lists, but I'm still thinking about releasing mine right now, especially when the year isn't over it.
If it probably fits, I might start doing my Year-End Lists next week.
Anyway, beyond that, can't wait for the rest of your Year-End list!

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Nov 28 2017, 06:45 PM
Post #18
c:
Member No.: 20,692

Some brilliant videos in the bottom half of the top 10 cheer.gif LWYMMD is my fave of the lot, I love a big budget music video like that so it's always a treat when we get banger to accompany the visuals.

Hope Chained to the Rhythm has made the top 5!!

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Nov 29 2017, 07:51 PM
Post #19
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

Bops to be expected

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Nov 29 2017, 07:54 PM
Post #20
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

Look What You Made Me Do has an outstanding music video wub.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:39 AM