BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> ThePensmith's Top 20 Singles Chart, Week ending 18th October 2019
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ThePensmith
post Oct 20 2019, 05:35 PM
Post #1
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208
Hello everyone, sorry it's been delayed again - one of those weekends - but here comes my top 20 singles for this week. Is Niall Horan about to make it two weeks on top for his comeback single? Maybe a new entry or a climber? Here's where we find out...

THEPENSMITH'S TOP 20 SINGLES CHART
Week ending 18th October 2019
© AM LIMITED 2019

1. (1) NIALL HORAN - Nice To Meet Ya
2. (2) MCFLY - Touch the Rain
3. (3) CAMILA CABELLO - Liar
4. (HNE) MCFLY - Break Me
5. (5) DIPLO FEAT. JONAS BROTHERS - Lonely
6. (NE) RUTHANNE - Take What I Can Get
7. (6) ALPHABEAT - I Don't Know What's Cool Anymore
8. (7) THE SCRIPT - The Last Time
9. (10) LAUV - Feelings
10. (4) MCFLY - Dare You To Move

11. (9) DIDO - Just Because
12. (NE) CHER LLOYD - M.I.A
13. (8) MCFLY - Hyperion
14. (12) ONEREPUBLIC - Wanted
15. (NE) BBMAK - Powerstation
16. (11) MCFLY - We Were Only Kids
17. (14) NOW UNITED - Crazy Stupid Silly Love
18. (16) CAPULETS - Act One EP
19. (15) FLEUR EAST - Figured Out
20. (17) TOVE LO FEAT. KYLIE MINOGUE - Really Don't Like U

Compiled from my own personal listening in the last seven days across streaming, digital and physical formats.

KEY

(1) - last week's position
(HNE) - highest new entry
(NE) - new entry
(RE) - re-entry

CHART COMMENTARY

In the face of precisely no big competition at all, Niall Horan stays put for a second week at number one with 'Nice To Meet Ya', whilst the rest of last week's top 3 from McFly and Camila Cabello hold their positions below him, confirming it as one of the big pop hits of this autumn. About the single itself there is little more to say - Niall's promo efforts unsurprisingly seem to be concentrated Stateside at the moment given his success with his first solo album there, where 'Nice To Meet Ya' is quickly making progress up the Billboard charts.

So onto what we will dub the new 'MLS' (McFly Lost Song) of the Week then, the actually quite brilliant 'Break Me' debuting at #4. Last week's new old song 'Dare You To Move' has immediately collapsed to #10 a week after debuting in the same position, but the ones before that ('Hyperion' and 'We Were Only Kids') are still resolutely hanging onto top 20 berths, whilst 'Red' has dropped seven to #21 from last week's #13. Next week, we find ourselves once again with not one but two new McFly songs to discuss - more on that seven days hence of course.

So onto the biggest normal new hit of the week then, and it's a third top 10 hit for someone Niall Horan knows quite well, having written or worked on a lot of his stuff with her - it's fellow countrywoman RuthAnne, who was last on our chart back in August with 'The Vow'. That got to #6, but had quite a swift chart life, exiting after just four weeks despite being both her second top 10 hit and highest charter. All eyes then are on the follow-up, 'Take What I Can Get', which debuts in the same position this week.

Lauv has staged quite the recovery. After dipping two places to #10 last week, 'Feelings' goes on the rebound to #9 this week on its third week around. He is still yet to return to the top 5, which he hasn't done since the beginning of this year with 'Superhero', but its current performance flies in the face of most of my chart action of late.

'M.I.A' - an acronym of 'Missing In Action' - is quite appropriate a title for the comeback single from former X Factor songstress Cher Lloyd, last seen on our chart five years ago in 2014 when she had top 20 hits with 'I Wish' and 'Sirens' from her second album 'Sorry I'm Late'. She is back at this week's #12, a whole eight years since she made her chart debut with 'Swagger Jagger', which remains her biggest single to date with its #2 peak in August 2011.

And finally, if you wanted the proof this week that mid-October seems to be the good time to follow up a mid-late August hit, look to RuthAnne and also BBMak, the reunited manband with instruments now scoring their third top 20 hit of the year with 'Powerstation' new at this week's #15.

FLASHBACK TOP 10

Your chance to see how my personal top 10 was looking on this week in the last 20 years. This week in 2012: Lawson score their third number one of the year, plus classic hits from Calvin Harris with Florence Welch, Swedish House Mafia and Rihanna

1. (HNE) LAWSON - Standing in the Dark

2. (NE) CALVIN HARRIS FEAT. FLORENCE WELCH - Sweet Nothing
3. (1) SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA FEAT. JOHN MARTIN - Don't You Worry Child
4. (2) RIHANNA - Diamonds
5. (3) PSY - Gangnam Style
6. (NE) MAROON 5 - One More Night
7. (4) ELLIE GOULDING - Anything Can Happen
8. (5) LEONA LEWIS FEAT. CHILDISH GAMBINO - Trouble
9. (NE) REBECCA FERGUSON - Backtrack
10. (6) CONOR MAYNARD FEAT. NE-YO - Turn Around
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:06 PM