BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Up Late with Rylan, Channel 5 | New late night chat show
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post 22nd April 2016, 07:07 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Starting next month, Channel 5 will start airing a bold new show that takes influence from the late night chat shows in America (think James Cordon, Jimmy Kimmel). 'Up Late with Rylan' will air four nights a week. Rylan will interview a number of guests as well as keeping up with the latest celebrity gossip. It will be filmed an hour before it airs (similar to Big Brother's Bit on the Side I think) and airs throughout May. Rylan will continue presenting BBBOTS as it will finish just before Big Brother starts again.

Rylan has said: ‘I’m delighted to be hosting my very own show. I can’t wait to get started and show you how much fun we’re all going to have today. I can promise you it will be lively but light hearted, energetic and always entertaining – welcome to my world.’

I'm guessing the fact that it is only airing in May suggests that this will be a trial slot and if it is successful, it will return in the autumn when Big Brother finishes.

I think it is a great idea but I would have perhaps preferred a different host as, despite growing to Rylan, I think he can be a bit 'me, me, me'.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 22nd April 2016, 07:30 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455

If you leave aside any opinions about the host in general, I must say it's very positive to see a new chatshow starting in the UK, and interesting to see it taking a nightly format similar to in America, something that hasn't been done over here in some time (I believe that V Graham Norton on Channel 4 over 10 years ago was the last time it was attempted). Hopefully it also means that there'll be one more opportunity for musicians to perform on mainstream TV, as long as it doesn't go down the 'pop only' route (which is probable, given the host/channel in question).

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post 22nd April 2016, 07:31 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,494

this might not be too bad.

will give it a go

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 22nd April 2016, 07:56 PM
Post #4
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

The 'late' shows work so well in America though, because most of the hosts have a comedy background. Not sure this will be the same type of show, but bravo for trying at least.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 27th April 2016, 01:41 PM
Post #5
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

They've sneakily changed the previous Big Brother's Bit on the Side Twitter (that hasn't been used for the past two (?) years) to an account for this show. I saw that it had over 100,000 followers and I was thinking surely Rylan isn't that popular to get so many followers so quickly! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 27th April 2016, 01:45 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

He needs to get haself to BERRRRD right NAAARRRW!!!

+Quote this post
G𝓪𝓻y
post 30th April 2016, 12:05 AM
Post #7
Group icon
All Eyes On Me When I Walk In, No Question That This Guys A 10
User: 277

This will either be really amazing or complete car crash television. I'm hopeful for the former, but it'll probably be the latter.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 9th May 2016, 10:15 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

Anybody watching? It's kinda awful laugh.gif I mean...Anthea Turner? REALLY?

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 9th May 2016, 10:21 PM
Post #9
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

And now grade A idiot, Keith Lemon who somehow won a BAFTA for being funny, no way is he funny.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 09:31 AM