BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Marilyn Manson - Born Villain, New Video
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Severin
post Sep 1 2011, 04:40 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872
Shock rock icon Marilyn Manson has released a brand-new (and very unsafe for work) video, directed by ‘Transformers’ star Shia LaBeouf

Some new action has finally come from the Marilyn Manson camp in the form of this rather gruesome and sexually explicit new video, directed by ‘Transformers’ star Shia LaBeouf.

‘Born Villain’ is taken from the shock rocker’s upcoming eighth studio album, due out later this year through Cooking Vinyl. The God Of f*** parted ways with longtime label Interscope after 2009’s ‘The High End Of Low’, which was the first Manson album to feature bassist Twiggy Ramirez since 2001’s ‘Holy Wood’.

“Marilyn Manson to me is an indelible figure,” said LaBeouf of his decision to collaborate with the singer. “He’s a big deal to me, and in my childhood, I don’t know of a scarier figure in art. He, in my teenage years, was the scariest thing in the world, so part of me has always been intrigued.”

See the video for yourself below (WARNING: Contains blood and sex aplenty)

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/marilyn-...for-work-video/

Definately sounds like and improvement on the last few albums an more inkeeping with his mid-late 90s period. Hopefully he can regain some of the form that made him one of the eras more interesting Rock stars. As always with Manson the video is interesting and full of great visuals. Perhaps not suitable for everyone.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Sep 1 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
Marilyn Manson is a guilty pleasure of mine, with The Dope Show being my favourite from him/them. Don't know if this song floats my boat yet.

+Quote this post
Josh
post Sep 1 2011, 10:49 PM
Post #3
Group icon
✌🏻️
User: 43
I still can't decide whether If I liked/enjoyed his last album or not, but this is no definite improvement. Not a fan of the song it all, and the video is ridiculous. It's just a sixth minu clip of silly '"shock" videos/images' for Marilyn to regain back this supposed stereotypical image that surrounds him. Did not understand the random Macbeth scene either, LOL. Who knows how this will turn out?

+Quote this post
Severin
post Sep 1 2011, 11:34 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Mansonette
QUOTE(Josh @ Sep 1 2011, 11:49 PM) *
I still can't decide whether If I liked/enjoyed his last album or not, but this is no definite improvement. Not a fan of the song it all, and the video is ridiculous. It's just a sixth minu clip of silly '"shock" videos/images' for Marilyn to regain back this supposed stereotypical image that surrounds him. Did not understand the random Macbeth scene either, LOL. Who knows how this will turn out?

I'll let Shia explain the video rather than me but the references make sense to me...

LaBeouf told Manson that he would love to direct his next video and showed him his previous work, Cage's "Maniac" clip, as proof that he knows what he's doing behind the camera.

"I played 'Maniac' for [Manson], and he freaked the f--- out," LaBeouf recalled. "Manson goes crazy. Manson's like, 'I want you to do my video.' "

The two then began prep work on "Born Villain," which draws heavily from very intense, graphic imagery, specifically a famous French surrealist short film, Shakespeare and theology.

"The song has all these references to 'Macbeth' and all this Shakespeare and heavy theology, so we tried to make Manson's 'Un Chien Andalou' macabre 'Macbeth' — that's sort of what that became."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1670077/s...ian-video.jhtml

Not sure what the French film might be but they might actually mean Chilean director Alejandro Jodorowsky's 1973 film The Holy Mountain as there are clearly images from that in it. Notably the beginning. There's a lot of Dali in there too. Clearly it's quite an exercise in nightmare surrealism. Not sure I've ever felt Manson was contriving to shock people any more than Lady Gaga, Heironymous Bosch or David Lynch. I think it was just a useful bonus

As for the song I prefer the style to the recent bog standard Rock stuff he's been doing. One of the other tracks I've heard clips from sounded a bit like PiL.

+Quote this post
bettyboothroid
post Sep 2 2011, 01:42 PM
Post #5
Group icon
New Entry
User: 14,793
The rough clangs of PiL are quite prominent on the sampler. easy to find with a bit of diggin on the anon forums!
No Reason (Born Villain)
Route Remain
Among #1
C.M.Y.K.(radio edit)
כובעים אהוי!
#shitb15cuit (instrumental)

+Quote this post
p a v
post Sep 2 2011, 06:35 PM
Post #6
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
What a video! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Takeiteasy
post Sep 16 2011, 12:36 PM
Post #7
Group icon
New Entry
User: 14,866
Ahhh I used to love MM back in the days of Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals... not sure his new material would be so involving or atmospheric... which is what I used to enjoy most about his albums dry.gif

+Quote this post
Severin
post Mar 23 2012, 11:06 AM
Post #8
Group icon
Mansonette
New single - No Reflection

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:46 PM