BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
33 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Stop Me From Falling ● 2nd Single
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Regina
post Feb 27 2018, 10:13 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

-x-

So a few sources are claiming that Stop Me From Falling is the next single and that it'll be dropping soon.
Some other sources are saying it's upbeat and a bit experimental, but they also said Dancing was risky, so I won't take that as fact.

This site says it'll be released before Golden, so maybe just a grat but who knows? https://wmg.jp/artist/kylieminogue/news_79979.html

Mid to late March really needs to be when this, or whatever is the next single, to drop as Dancing will be dead and she needs something new to keep interst in Golden high.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Feb 28 2018, 04:04 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
I was hoping for a second pre-album single given the gap between the release of 'Dancing' and Golden, so I'm pleased to hear some new/rumours coming through now.

Could it potentially get off to a better start than 'Dancing'? Just thinking it will possibly have better initial promo than that did.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Feb 28 2018, 07:02 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
Ooooh, interesting!

+Quote this post
Monzo
post Feb 28 2018, 08:25 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 349
I don't think they've already given up "Dancing" because they would not wait until April to release it physical if it's done. Anyway it's good that Kylie is releasing one song (or maybe more?) before "Golden" comes out. She won't be as successful with this strategy as Taylor Swift was, maybe she will be more like Shania Twain before her "Now" was released last fall. Her grats were doing alright, but it helped to get interest so that the album charted on top.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Feb 28 2018, 12:53 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Raining Shitter
You can't compare Kylie to Shania laugh.gif Shania was always going to be #1 with her first album in 15 years.

---

SMFF is apparantly more explicit mix of two genres and has gone through changes to be more electronic. There’s a twist too, whatever that means.

+Quote this post
adancing
post Feb 28 2018, 01:42 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 9,437
This second single is confirmed, as it was sent through an official promo Kit to Germany, so this is for sure, we still don't know the date of release though, but mid march seems plausible.

This post has been edited by adancing: Feb 28 2018, 01:42 PM

+Quote this post
pippa
post Feb 28 2018, 01:48 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
It is good that the secon single is lined up.

That said, if the second single gets released before the album, it will mean the physical release for Dancing will come after which makes absolutely no business sense at all.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Feb 28 2018, 02:52 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Too Far 2k18 plz

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Feb 28 2018, 03:45 PM
Post #9
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
QUOTE(pippa @ Feb 28 2018, 01:48 PM) *
It is good that the secon single is lined up.

That said, if the second single gets released before the album, it will mean the physical release for Dancing will come after which makes absolutely no business sense at all.

So far (when it comes to the UK) the Dancing 7" vinyl is only available if you pre-order particular Golden album bundles. So it's really an added incentive for the album purchase, rather than its existence being of benefit for Dancing's chart placement.

If its inclusion in bundles is swaying fans into buying a few copies of the album via a bundle, then that is good business sense. I can only speak for myself, but if Dancing 7" was available separately, I probably wouldn't have opted for an album bundle. But its inclusion in a bundle has also got me buying the deluxe CD, picture disc vinyl & a cassette of Golden, so presumably that will translate as three album sales.
It'll all be worthwhile if these bundles end up

You could say that her store should have shipped the 7"s out earlier and had them count for a good week of impact (i.e. this week), but I assume for her store it makes more sense to ship everything at the same time instead, save money on postage. And really, a physical isn't going to cause a miracle to happen anyway. Who knows how it would have sold if available separately, but given that Dancing is probably looking to end outside of the Top 50 this week, I very much doubt a physical would have got it any higher than low Top 40 at best.

If BMG were eager to get Kylie a Top 40 hit with Dancing, then they'd have put all their energies into getting her play listed (perhaps they have and failed, who knows). I don't exactly know what it takes for labels to get their artists onto important playlists, but sadly Kylie isn't on the likes of Hot Hots UK, so it's really that that is preventing her from a decent Top 40 hit, not the lack of a physical copy.

Anyway, hopefully things fall into place better with 'Stop Me From Falling', i.e. it doesn't suffer a leak!

+Quote this post
pippa
post Feb 28 2018, 09:17 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I was able to purchase the 7 inch single without it been linked to buying the album.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Mar 1 2018, 02:15 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
QUOTE(Jay ☆ @ Feb 28 2018, 03:45 PM) *
So far (when it comes to the UK) the Dancing 7" vinyl is only available if you pre-order particular Golden album bundles. So it's really an added incentive for the album purchase, rather than its existence being of benefit for Dancing's chart placement.

If BMG were eager to get Kylie a Top 40 hit with Dancing, then they'd have put all their energies into getting her play listed (perhaps they have and failed, who knows). I don't exactly know what it takes for labels to get their artists onto important playlists, but sadly Kylie isn't on the likes of Hot Hots UK, so it's really that that is preventing her from a decent Top 40 hit, not the lack of a physical copy.

Great post, Jay!

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post Mar 1 2018, 12:40 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515
We have remixes of Dancing coming tomorrow and 9th march so I would suspect new single out at last week of March ie. week before album released.

Also Dancing just playlisted on Heart FM and a new country mix coming it seems in addition to the Illyus & Barrientos and Anton Powers mixes mentioned above.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Mar 1 2018, 12:41 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
The remixes released tomorrow may help the song to stay top 100 next week.

Dancing should at the least manage a total of 50,000 sales, i know in large that is poor and her worst selling lead single but it wont be her worst overall selling single.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Mar 1 2018, 12:46 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
Hoping we will get more than 2 singles from this campaign!

+Quote this post
Stuart25
post Mar 1 2018, 12:56 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 20,697
QUOTE(pippa @ Mar 1 2018, 12:41 PM) *
The remixes released tomorrow may help the song to stay top 100 next week.

Dancing should at the least manage a total of 50,000 sales, i know in large that is poor and her worst selling lead single but it wont be her worst overall selling single.

Didn't SKOB, WKOF and Into The Blue all sell around the 50,000 mark too?

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post Mar 1 2018, 01:11 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
The Tour is not until Sept/Oct......... the album is released April. Lots of stuff to come and I wouldn't be surprised to see a new edition of album + Golden DVD out for Xmas or even for Tour time depending on other dates added.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Mar 1 2018, 01:33 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Raining Shitter
This is a topic for the second single, keep it on topic.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Mar 2 2018, 12:36 AM
Post #18
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
QUOTE(liamk97 @ Mar 1 2018, 02:15 AM) *
Great post, Jay!

wub.gif

QUOTE(pippa @ Feb 28 2018, 09:17 PM) *
I was able to purchase the 7 inch single without it been linked to buying the album.

Which store? It's not available separately on her official store, Amazon UK or HMV UK.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Mar 2 2018, 02:06 AM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
There was a link available that was shared on Popjustice in the Golden topix there but I have no idea what store it was (none of the above at least) no do I know which page of the thread it is on. :') Perhaps pippa can be of more help.

QUOTE(Tawdry Hepburn @ Mar 1 2018, 12:46 PM) *
Hoping we will get more than 2 singles from this campaign!

Agreed. Was a shame the Kiss Me Once era was cut short (due to the reception of 'I Was Gonna Cancel'?) but I'd like to think we'd get one post-album single if we do indeed receive this onr before the album. Two singles doesn't feel enough for an album era.

Quire intrigued by the descriptions of this one, let's see if we get more 'comparisons' from people who have allegedly heard it that in fact turn out to be way off, a la 'Dancing'! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post Mar 2 2018, 09:58 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
I think the video is already shot.....

I am wondering what all that pink dress, perm look was for that she tweeted about? did we ever see what it was for? it was a fantastic look.

+Quote this post

33 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:38 PM