BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
27 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The week in the world, because the pace of events is immense it's easy to miss stu
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
vidcapper
post 19th July 2018, 05:42 AM
Post #261
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jul 18 2018, 08:39 PM) *
bit unfair to post this in Brexit - it's linked though. It's a tragic murder with "You couldnt make it up" usual UKIP bullshit "we're just normal blokes" self-excuses.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-44861508

So, shagging your son's partner, strangling your wife, ex-Marine, and a UKIP councillor who thinks he's still a lovely bloke and victim of unfortunate circumstances. The circumstances being the aforementioned.

"UKIP - where morals are not required, and are in fact a hindrance to career prospects"

You got the 'unfair' part right - unless he killed his wife for voting Remain, politics has nothing to do with it.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 19th July 2018, 07:03 AM
Post #262
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 19 2018, 06:42 AM) *
You got the 'unfair' part right - unless he killed his wife for voting Remain, politics has nothing to do with it.

the response of his UKIP mate shows it does. It shows a lack of morality in a serving Councillor who belongs to a party that encourages a lack of morals. That people show they have shit judgement when it comes to selecting candidates for office shows all parties have problems with it, but UKIP especially so. AS we've seen with the revolving door leadership. Feel free to give examples of their strong, stable leadership and strong, stable policies and ability to agree, rather than say someone who strangles his wife to death after an affair is a victim somehow. I think we can all agree the wife is the victim. The husband is the murderer.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 19th July 2018, 07:44 AM
Post #263
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jul 19 2018, 08:03 AM) *
the response of his UKIP mate shows it does. It shows a lack of morality in a serving Councillor who belongs to a party that encourages a lack of morals. That people show they have shit judgement when it comes to selecting candidates for office shows all parties have problems with it, but UKIP especially so. AS we've seen with the revolving door leadership. Feel free to give examples of their strong, stable leadership and strong, stable policies and ability to agree, rather than say someone who strangles his wife to death after an affair is a victim somehow. I think we can all agree the wife is the victim. The husband is the murderer.

I still don't agree that politics has anything to do with it - to me, it just seems like something that could happen to anyone.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 19th July 2018, 12:12 PM
Post #264
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 19 2018, 08:44 AM) *
I still don't agree that politics has anything to do with it - to me, it just seems like something that could happen to anyone.

no it couldnt. most of us manage get through our lives without murdering our spouse, and you completely miss m point that the immoral twat in UKIP is trying to call the murdering husband a victim. Where is your usual "criminals are GUILTY!!!!!!!! String 'em up! Got no-one to blame but themselves!!!!" slant? I mean, honestly, you say burglars should expect to be murdered but have no condemnation of someone who's a murderer and someone who defends him as a "victim". He was 100% totally to blame for his own actions.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 20th July 2018, 07:29 AM
Post #265
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

here's quite another Big Thing.

"Rachael Swindon

This is quite horrifying. MPs have just voted to keep corruption & sexual harassment investigations into themselves a SECRET. And just minutes after the vote, the list of MPs currently under investigation disappeared from the Parliament website. Transparency is dead."

Yes, you can trust them to handle Brexit, obv......

One rule for them, one rule for everyone else. Maybe they should follow other employment guidelines and go on "garden leave". Granted a fair proportion of the House would be sat on their arses doing nothing, but I doubt anyone would notice...

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 20th July 2018, 07:46 AM
Post #266
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jul 19 2018, 01:12 PM) *
no it couldnt. most of us manage get through our lives without murdering our spouse, and you completely miss m point that the immoral twat in UKIP is trying to call the murdering husband a victim. Where is your usual "criminals are GUILTY!!!!!!!! String 'em up! Got no-one to blame but themselves!!!!" slant? I mean, honestly, you say burglars should expect to be murdered but have no condemnation of someone who's a murderer and someone who defends him as a "victim". He was 100% totally to blame for his own actions.

Please stop routinely accusing me of supporting anyone I do not actively condemn.

I will thus state for the record : Unless I specifically say otherwise, you can take it as read that I condemn any criminal activity mentioned on this forum

It distresses me that you don't trust my word on this, even though I trust yours. no.gif

This post has been edited by vidcapper: 20th July 2018, 07:47 AM

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 20th July 2018, 04:45 PM
Post #267
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 20 2018, 08:46 AM) *
Please stop routinely accusing me of supporting anyone I do not actively condemn.

I will thus state for the record : Unless I specifically say otherwise, you can take it as read that I condemn any criminal activity mentioned on this forum

It distresses me that you don't trust my word on this, even though I trust yours. no.gif

It's not a question of trust, it's a question of what you choose to comment about and choose not to comment about. All I am doing is reminding you that having expectations on one issue should always tally with your expectations on similar issues.

A murderer was called a victim by a serving UKIP councillor. That is a morality issue, and you could have just simply said he was a morally flawed human being and agreed with me that it showed him in a bad light, as well as the murderer. Or not commented at all. Instead you chose to call it an incident that could happen to anyone, which is completely irrelevant as well as not true. If that can happen to anyone, then again you are contradicting yourself about criminals and non-criminals, essentially inferring we are all capable of strangling our spouse because we want to shag our son's partner, and then excuse that as just one of those things.

So your statement was worthy of comment, and you have clarified your position on the murderer, and anyone who tries to say that he wasn't to blame, when he was, and he deserves to go to prison.

Which is what I implied and said in the first place. Everything else has been unnecessary additional words which could have been avoided by just agreeing with me. Or saying nothing.

Maybe you should just consider whether you want to post a comment for some time before actually posting it and we can carry on having reasoned discourse? I suspect it's just a case of seeing something you think is attacking something you support (UKIP, in this case) and so automatically try to flip it off before pondering a bit on the point being made. The reasoned response would have been to condemn my final line about UKIP morality, and state that I couldn't fairly make blanket statements about a whole party based on 2 people. Which is true, but which invites me listing other examples, so it's sort of a loaded unreasonable blanket statement. And you could point that out quite fairly.

Hope that helps!

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 22nd July 2018, 05:59 AM
Post #268
Group icon
Paul Hyett

More cultural vandalism...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...ationships.html

Mamma Mia’s songs get a PC makeover to remove hints of inappropriate relationships between girls and men

IMO songs, pictures, books, etc should be left in their original form - it's just tough sh1t if some people today are too psychologically weak to handle it.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 22nd July 2018, 08:18 AM
Post #269
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 22 2018, 06:59 AM) *
More cultural vandalism...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...ationships.html

Mamma Mia’s songs get a PC makeover to remove hints of inappropriate relationships between girls and men

IMO songs, pictures, books, etc should be left in their original form - it's just tough sh1t if some people today are too psychologically weak to handle it.

Not cultural vandalism. This is a non-story. I adore Abba, have from the moment I saw them 44 years ago. This is Daily Mail drumming up anti-PC dross where non exists. The lyrics to some early Abba songs could have been improved, they got better in English as they progressed (Note they still keep the incorrect line in Fernando "Since many years I havent seen a rifle in your hands") and changing a gender from male to female doesnt in any way change the song When I Kissed The Teacher. Kids get crushes on teachers, it's a fact of life, male or female. The song is from the point of view of the kid/young adult (the age is not discussed). The teacher "smiled" when she kissed him/her as he was leaning over helping with geometry. This is not a sexual relationship with a teacher leading on a child, this is a child/young adult giving a peck on the cheek and blushing and reading all sorts of things into it.

So the story is a complete lie to try and shit-stir. It fits better into the film if the duet song is sung by a woman, that's what Bjorn/Benny said, and that's all, as it's in the wrong key for a man. If the Mail understood anything about anything they would be trying to accuse Mamma Mia of trying to force kids into Lesbianism, but they know they would be on very dodgy ground there and get sued.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 30th July 2018, 07:58 AM
Post #270
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

murder and Russian money-laundering in the UK, and links to Australian banking accounts.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/ba...5c777dfc4629cfa

Note: British governments do nothing about obvious assassinations until they were forced to once it happened in public and a British citizen was killed....

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 3rd August 2018, 08:44 AM
Post #271
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

minor annoyance but indicative of the sheer lack of journalistic standards in modern media:

"@thismorning
Martin Kenny believes the moon landings were faked and humans couldn’t possibly land on the moon as it’s not solid, whereas Dr Sarah Bosman dismisses these conspiracy theories as nonsense. What do you think? 🌝
James O'Brien

James O'Brien Retweeted This Morning
This is an unbelievably awful editorial decision. But in many ways horribly predictable. Brexit & Trump have cleared the way for taking every tinfoil-hatted reality-denier seriously. In the deep end, Holocaust denial. In the shallow end, undiluted hogwash like this."

Everything that has ever happened on the moon is available to view by satellite images, or backed up by inarguable scientific evidence across the world from all nations (you can shoot a laser beam up their yourself tonight to verify how far away the moon is thanks to equipment left on the moon by Nasa astronauts). This is not a subject for discussion any more than arguing about the colour of a red rose is. It's fantasy from stupid people, or lies promoted by crooks duping people into buying their crap. Shit journalists just making themselves look like dumb twats, or else in on the duping.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 4th August 2018, 07:05 PM
Post #272
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

fab tweet from a fab MP

"@Telegraph
With Etonians shunned in the modern Cabinet, where will the new talent come from?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/0...ew-talent-come/?

Jess Phillips Retweeted The Telegraph
The other 99.999999999999% of the population who are considerably cleverer and more knowledgeable. Maybe them, oh and women."

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 4th August 2018, 07:23 PM
Post #273
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

Only The Telegraph could publish such a bonkers article in he first place.

The last three Etomian PMs were Anthony "Suez" Eden, Harold McMillan and David "Oops I broke the country" Cameron. The Telegraph obviously use a different dictionary from everyone else - one where "talent" has a completely different meaning.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 5th August 2018, 08:55 AM
Post #274
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Aug 4 2018, 08:23 PM) *
Only The Telegraph could publish such a bonkers article in he first place.

The last three Etomian PMs were Anthony "Suez" Eden, Harold McMillan and David "Oops I broke the country" Cameron. The Telegraph obviously use a different dictionary from everyone else - one where "talent" has a completely different meaning.

Yes, I think it has "etonian" as a noun: definition: "one of us".

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 5th August 2018, 09:08 PM
Post #275
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Aug 5 2018, 09:55 AM) *
Yes, I think it has "etonian" as a noun: definition: "one of us".

That sounds about right.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 9th August 2018, 05:40 PM
Post #276
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455

Gerry Adams, former Sinn Fein leader, is releasing a cookbook.

Seems right, I'm sure he knows how to use a timer.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 31st August 2018, 10:48 PM
Post #277
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Aug 9 2018, 06:40 PM) *
Gerry Adams, former Sinn Fein leader, is releasing a cookbook.

Seems right, I'm sure he knows how to use a timer.

laugh.gif

Quite a few politicians know all about Cooking The Books too....

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 31st August 2018, 10:50 PM
Post #278
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Hell has frozen over - I'm going to defend Mrs May. All those in the media slagging her off for having a go at dancing in public in African countries, get over it, at least she's game for trying rather than offending the hosts!

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 31st August 2018, 10:51 PM
Post #279
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

She looked disgraceful

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 31st August 2018, 11:10 PM
Post #280
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(YOUSHALLNOTPEEN! @ Aug 31 2018, 11:51 PM) *
She looked disgraceful

more accurately she looked uncomfortable, because she was uncomfortable, and did it anyway. Speaking from personal experience, I was at an all-black dance do last year, bar 3 or 4 guests, and I was too embarrassed to dance even though the music was fab because of my own hang-ups about being a crap dancer in a room where I would stand out like a sort thumb. Undoubtedly I'm a fabulous dancer who would win Strictly, were it not for my hangups laugh.gif

+Quote this post

27 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 10:16 AM