BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best Original Song: Golden Globes 2018, What is your favourite?
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Dec 12 2017, 08:36 PM
Post #1
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

I believe this is the only category from the Golden Globes where all of the nominees are available legally in the UK so why not get some more in-depth early awards discussion going here in the Movies forum!?!?!

The nominees are:
"Home" (Nick Jonas, Justin Tranter, and Nick Monson) – Ferdinand
"Mighty River" (Raphael Saadiq, Mary J. Blige, and Taura Stinson) – Mudbound
"Remember Me" (Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez) – Coco
"The Star" (Mariah Carey and Marc Shaiman) – The Star
"This Is Me" (Benj Pasek and Justin Paul) – The Greatest Showman

(Youtube links are provided above but they're all available on Spotify UK too!)

How would you rank the five nominees? Are there any major snubs here that you hope get rectified in the Oscars nominations? What do you think will win and what do you think should win? ohmy.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Dec 12 2017, 09:03 PM
Post #2
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

Listened to all of these this evening so I can officially rank my first entire category from this years awards season, woop cheer.gif

1. This Is Me (Just heard this for the first time and already can't wait to hear it again. Very uplifting and the chorus is so anthemic, a potential Best Song winner at the actual Oscars? Especially due to having the lyricists behind La La Land on it!)
2. Remember Me (I'm not really sure what version is actually nominated as there are four different versions on the soundtrack and all are very different laugh.gif The Miguel version is probably my favourite, it's rather catchy music.gif)
3. Mighty River (Queen Mary !! Those vocals *.* Definitely think this is one of the more likely ones to score an Oscar nomination too but this category does seem pretty stacked this year)
4. The Star (A nice enough pop song but nothing really special, I like the kids choir bit though, that's a nice touch!)
5. Home (Very dull and I probably won't be returning to this at all, Nick Jonas is capable of much catchier pop bops sad.gif)

I think Remember Me will probably take the Globe home as Coco seems to be really popular at the moment. The Ferdinand/The Star nominations are such filler though, there are so many better options for Best Song laugh.gif

The huge omissions are obviously the Sufjan songs from Call Me By Your Name but I guess they're not as suited to the Globes as they are the Oscars. I still think "Mystery of Love" has the Oscar for Original Song in the bag (I hope so anyway!!) and "Visions of Gideon" should hopefully sneak a nomination too.

A bit shocked at no Beauty and the Beast too as I thought that would be a big Golden Globe favourite (I'm shocked at no Emma Watson nomination too, especially considering the very random Helen Mirren nomination in that category laugh.gif). “How Does a Moment Last Forever” would be my personal choice but I guess "Evermore" probably stands the better chance realistically sad.gif

Some songs from Patti Cake$ would be in my top five too but they really stand very little chance in such a tough category with much bigger stars and films all fighting for a nomination. It would be lovely to see Tuff Love get a nomination though, that song helped give the film such a great ending!

Updated predictions for the Oscars after these nominations:
> Mystery of Love (Call Me By Your Name)
> Visions of Gideon (Call Me By Your Name)
> Evermore (Beauty and the Beast)
> This Is Me (The Greatest Showman)
> Remember Me (Coco)
(6th > Mighty River (Mudbound))

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Jan 7 2018, 01:03 AM
Post #3
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

This Is Me is definitely my favourite, such an incredible song and a moment *.* <3 I also love Home, The Star is good and I don't really remember the other two oops.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:02 AM