BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Least favourite 'American Life' song ● FINAL RESULTS
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post 20th October 2016, 08:57 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

The runner up place goes to the beautiful ballad 'Intervention'. In an album filled to the brim with eccentric and abrasive sounds this song sticks out as a beautifully peaceful and carefree number. A very reflective track it's also one of the more optimistic as she sings of the hope at the end of the long and dangerous road. A brilliant song with stunning vocals and minimalist production - a favourite for many on here but just not enough to crown the victory.

The victory does instead go to 'Nothing Fails'. A soaring love song complete with gospel choir. Released as the 3rd single it failed (:')) to ignite the charts and didn't help to resurrect the album's dwindling impact. No music video was recorded for the song either and it didn't leave its legacy.. until now!!1 I once deemed this as the album's greatest song and while it hasn't lasted with that accolade it has shown to be a big favourite for many and has snatched victory in this very intense set of polls. A bit of a silent warrior throughout, but a worthy winner even if not my favourite.

01. Nothing Fails
02. Intervention (7 votes, 63.64%)
03. American Life (5 votes, 55.56%)
04. Die Another Day (6 votes, 50.00%)
05. Hollywood (5 votes, 35.71%)
06. Easy Ride (6 votes, 50.00%)
07. Mother and Father (4 votes, 40.00%)
08. Nobody Knows Me (7 votes, 46.67%)
09. Love Profusion (7 votes, 36.84%)
10. X-Static Process (5 votes, 33.33%)
11. I'm So Stupid (8 votes, 72.73%)
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 20th October 2016, 08:58 PM
Post #2
Group icon

Are you happy with the winner?

Thanks to all those that took part in these rounds! Hope you enjoyed them amidst the controversy - it's perhaps apt that this highly controversial album had its own share of drama to help commemorate it tongue.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post 20th October 2016, 09:04 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54

Intervention so close to the victory that I'm a bit gutted that it didn't quite manage it - however Nothing Fails is one of the better tracks on the album and it was one of my favourites at the time of release, just that Intervention has aged better for me and it means much more to me now.

+Quote this post
RosaParksMyCar
post 20th October 2016, 11:38 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Creole Lady Mayonnaise
User: 16,548

yas

+Quote this post
vibe
post 22nd October 2016, 05:17 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

Great top 2

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 23rd October 2016, 01:42 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

It's interesting that the most loved songs from an album tackling politics and social attitudes, largely experimenting with jolty rhythms and vocal edits, are in fact the album's more softer and pure moments. It reminds me of Erotica and how the ballads and songs that explored the un-glorious side to sex (like in 'Bad Girl' and 'In This Life') were the ones that stuck out to me most. It's a shame that with these two albums, the general public and the media seem to perceive them as just there for shock value and controversy, when in fact they hold some of the most tender and emotional pieces of music from Madonna's career.

I've said before, but 'Nothing Fails' has perhaps the best instrumental on the album. Really moving just on its own:

As mentioned already, the song as a whole used to be my absolute favourite from the album so I cannot deny it being crowned the winner and it's still easily up there with one of the best.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 23rd October 2016, 04:27 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

That is a very worthy winner!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 26th October 2016, 11:01 AM
Post #8
Group icon

Intervention is my favourite but Nothing Fails used to be so this is a very lovely top 2. A good observation Liam, in such a frantic album these two much more stripped back and solemn moments reign supreme *.*

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 11:47 PM