BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
147 Pages V  « < 35 36 37 38 39 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> The Tory lies and deceit thread
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Doctor Blind
post Jun 21 2019, 08:11 PM
Post #721
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561
In other news, Antoinette Sandbach has been sent abusive messages by another Conservative MP over her public support for Rory Stewart: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48713978
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Jun 22 2019, 07:44 AM
Post #722
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
QUOTE(Chez Wombat @ Jun 21 2019, 12:35 PM) *
Indeed, the fact she was openly saying it's a peaceful protest and he kept on pushing her kills any argument on the other side as she clearly wasn't armed, that was assault, plain and simple. Disgusting to watch and that people are actually defending that :/

what pisses me off more is the rest of the numpties just sat there and let him do what he wanted. Human behaviour in a nutshell: Man shoves woman against a rock and a hard place, no-one wants to get involved, shhh it might go away if you ignore it.....

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Jun 22 2019, 07:54 AM
Post #723
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Jun 21 2019, 09:11 PM) *
In other news, Antoinette Sandbach has been sent abusive messages by another Conservative MP over her public support for Rory Stewart: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48713978

The Tories have managed to spilt everyone and take us down with them in their eternal war over the EU. Misogyny is alive and well. MP's that don;t hold themselves up to the standard of behaviour that is required in serving in public office should resign. If I sent an abusive message to a colleague at work I would be fired, or at the very least suspended pending an enquiry and decision, one for rule for staff another for MP's who think they are above everything.

That also applies to private behaviour from someone who is seeking to become Prime Minister without the country having a say in it. "Spoilt" "Doesn't care about anything" "money means nothing" and so on are all comments that don't do much for your claims to be suitable for running the country when coming from someone that knows you.

Of course the supposed recording and claims could be false because his fanzine reported that neighbours elsewhere didn't hear anything. Cos not hearing something cos you're asleep or have a flat that doesn't adjoin the same room means it must be false of course.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Jul 10 2019, 08:46 AM
Post #724
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
So, on Saturday Theresa May released a video for London Pride claiming that she will always be an ally to the LGBT+ community.

Not even a week later, she has abstained from a vote to make same sex marriage legal in Northern Ireland. What a truly awful human being she is.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Jul 10 2019, 11:24 AM
Post #725
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
On the plus side, the vote means if the DUP don't get their shit together and do the job they get paid to do by 21st Oct then NI laws become the same as the UK on gay marriage and abortion - the country they want so much to be a part of - except when it suits them to opt out of it. Which is always.

+Quote this post
Harve
post Jul 14 2019, 09:42 PM
Post #726
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718
QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Jun 21 2019, 09:11 PM) *

Don't they realise that telling moderates to leave the party will backfire when they have a majority of about 3 and the Tories' total number could easily be decimated in an autumn election.

Speaking of, MP Guto Bebb is leaving the Conservatives, so another likely no confidence vote in a Johnson government.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Jul 14 2019, 09:44 PM
Post #727
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
QUOTE(Harve @ Jul 14 2019, 10:42 PM) *
Don't they realise that telling moderates to leave the party will backfire when they have a majority of about 3 and the Tories' total number could easily be decimated in an autumn election.

Speaking of, MP Guto Bebb is leaving the Conservatives, so another likely no confidence vote in a Johnson government.

The question is whether Labour will stay true to their word and call that immediate no confidence vote when their own electoral position looks pretty precarious right now?!

+Quote this post
Harve
post Jul 14 2019, 09:47 PM
Post #728
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
QUOTE(Botchia @ Jul 14 2019, 10:44 PM) *
The question is whether Labour will stay true to their word and call that immediate no confidence vote when their own electoral position looks pretty precarious right now?!

YEP. I'm ready to be incredibly disappointed the week after next by Corbyn, who as Leader of the Opposition is the only one who can quickly call a No Confidence vote.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post Jul 14 2019, 09:50 PM
Post #729
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753
QUOTE(Harve @ Jul 14 2019, 10:47 PM) *
YEP. I'm ready to be incredibly disappointed the week after next by Corbyn, who as Leader of the Opposition is the only one who can quickly call a No Confidence vote.

If Corbyn bottles it, how easy is it for another MP / party to call the vote?

+Quote this post
Harve
post Jul 14 2019, 10:08 PM
Post #730
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
QUOTE(Botchia @ Jul 14 2019, 10:50 PM) *

This is in my reading list x

+Quote this post
Silas
post Jul 14 2019, 10:23 PM
Post #731
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
Can the SNP mount a coup on the leader of the opposition office please. They’d call for the vote the nano second big treasa has quit

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post Jul 15 2019, 04:20 AM
Post #732
Group icon
QUOTE(Botchia @ Jul 14 2019, 10:50 PM) *

Any MP can table a motion of no confidence, but only if it is tabled by HM's Official Opposition will the Government be obliged to debate it. Note that the last one before 16 January 2019 was in 1993 and actually tabled by the Government of the time (John Major).

If a motion of no confidence is tabled it is usually debated/discussed the following day: https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/parlia...ion-take-place/

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post Aug 30 2019, 01:46 PM
Post #733
Group icon

Good to see the Conservatives are still putting what little remaining time they have in power to good use.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post Aug 30 2019, 02:02 PM
Post #734
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471
QUOTE(Doctor Blind @ Aug 30 2019, 02:46 PM) *

Good to see the Conservatives are still putting what little remaining time they have in power to good use.

Jesus Christ.

Does he honestly think this makes him look good? Is this what Tory MPs are wasting their time on? Absolutely baffling.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Aug 30 2019, 11:05 PM
Post #735
Group icon
Queen of Soon
The sooner that vile excuse of a human is voted out of office the better. One of the absolute worst MPs in the house. We talk about Mogg being the member for the 18th century, this one is member for the 8th century BC at best. Dinosaurs roamed the earth the last time his politics were contemporary

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post Aug 31 2019, 03:41 AM
Post #736
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
What a pathetic little man. With luck the lot of them will be behind bars in the 2020s.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Oct 14 2019, 03:57 PM
Post #737
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
I mean, it's not like the Queen's Speech is going to pass, at least we hope, but it's just a really quite awful thing on its own isn't it?

My Government is committed to addressing violent crime, and to strengthening public confidence in the criminal justice system. New sentencing laws will see that the most serious offenders spend longer in custody to reflect better the severity of their crimes [Sentencing Bill]. Measures will be introduced to improve the justice system’s response to foreign national offenders [Foreign National Offenders Bill]. My Government will work to improve safety and security in prisons and to strengthen the rehabilitation of offenders. Proposals will be brought forward to ensure that victims receive the support they need and the justice they deserve. Laws will be introduced to ensure that the parole system recognises the pain to victims and their families caused by offenders refusing to disclose information relating to their crimes [Prisoners (Disclosure of Information About Victims) Bill].

The longest paragraph in the speech dedicated to the fear of crime and going full throttle down the punitive route (which doesn't work) with nary a mention of rehabilitation. Also the only mention in the speech of foreign nationals, for good measure.

One small paragraph near the end hints at their plans for voting ID - which is voter suppression.

On the whole a load of nationalistic shite that I'm just thankful is likely to never see the light of day because of the minority.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post Oct 14 2019, 04:17 PM
Post #738
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
QUOTE(Tones and Iz @ Oct 14 2019, 04:57 PM) *
I mean, it's not like the Queen's Speech is going to pass, at least we hope, but it's just a really quite awful thing on its own isn't it?
The longest paragraph in the speech dedicated to the fear of crime and going full throttle down the punitive route (which doesn't work) with nary a mention of rehabilitation. Also the only mention in the speech of foreign nationals, for good measure.

One small paragraph near the end hints at their plans for voting ID - which is voter suppression.

On the whole a load of nationalistic shite that I'm just thankful is likely to never see the light of day because of the minority.

Every time sentencing is discussed, some people seem to think that judges don't know that criminals typically only serve half their sentence. As it is part of their job to know that sort of thing, I think we can assume that they do know. Therefore, they will take that into account when passing sentence. If they think someone deserves to spend five years behind bars, they will sentence them to ten years. If this change is made, it seems likely that the sentence will be more like 7 1/2 years. That, of course, will shorten the time they spend on license. They will be free from those restrictions much sooner. Not that Johnson cares - all he cares about is whether it is a short-term vote-winner.

+Quote this post
Silas
post Oct 14 2019, 05:17 PM
Post #739
Group icon
Queen of Soon
If someone has been rehabilitated and has reformed in less time than their full sentence at what point does that start to undo the reformation and rehabilitation? It’s a tough debate I’m very glad not to be the one with decision making power on. Generally though I do think we should retain the flexibility of early release for those committed to rehabilitation.

Now before vidcapper tries to twist this, I’m generally referring to some of the less “serious” crimes and don’t mean sentences for murder, sexual assault et al. If someone up on a drugs possession charge has managed to get clean (in prison of all places) maybe they’re best served in the community on license and with a support network to help them recover fully and rebuild. (Not getting into the decriminalisation debate at this point. Need to do more research on that)

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post Oct 14 2019, 06:54 PM
Post #740
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639
I don't think prisons and custodials sentences should even exist, except for the most serious crimes. It's just not ethical. I'm not sure how the government, which we are born under without any say, has the right over people's freedom, except in the case of protecting society from harm e.g murderers, rapists, etc.

+Quote this post

147 Pages V  « < 35 36 37 38 39 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:02 PM