BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Rupaul's Drag Race // All Stars 5 // Ep5, Snatch Game Of Love
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 4th July 2020, 10:35 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Go go go, I've just started the episode!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
LouisL
post 4th July 2020, 10:44 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419

Really not a fan of the everyone in the bottom twist. It just seems like a way for the elimination order to go more as they planned with no huge shocks, like if Shea and Juju were the worst one week it doesn’t really matter now

Overall it was a decent snatch game, the first group had me worried as Cracker and India were SO bad but I feel like the other 4 all done pretty stellar jobs. Alexis made me laugh the most but I think Shea’s overall performance this week was stronger.

It also doesn’t seem like there’s any comeback next week, are we just an episode away from the final already?

Oh and I’m living for this drama! This is why it’s great having early season queens back they just don’t care and will lay it all out without fear of fan backlash

This post has been edited by LMLou: 4th July 2020, 10:48 AM

+Quote this post
p a v
post 4th July 2020, 11:01 AM
Post #3
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

YASSS DRAMA MAMA

I'm with India on this one honestly. Alexis has been way too shady. The editing really made it seem like the group has chosen Alexis but it was not the case at all :') I guess they were too scared to vote her off since she was 2nd/3rd best in the snatch game alongside Jujubee.

Juju's performance was incredible. The thermostat joke made me HOWL. She's just so perfect!

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 4th July 2020, 11:10 AM
Post #4
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

The best episode so far! It's all the drama Mick I just LOVE IT! *.*

I'm glad India was the one to go as she was by far the weakest overall but she went out with a bang and will be a memorable queen from the series, plus her looks and makeup have been so good this time around even if her challenge performances have been underwhelming.

Jujubee and Shea schooled the Snatch Game and I thought Alexis also did a really good job too! I think those three will be the top three overall now. I think Blair was quite lucky to get away from potentially getting voted off as it was quite an uncomfortable Snatch Game for her but she was with some very competitive queens. However her runway was my favourite of the lot!

Who knows what the truth is tbh? laugh.gif I'm siding more towards Alexis as she seemed a lot more genuine and hurt when defending herself and India obviously knew her head was on the chopping board, clever move though and made for good TV regardless!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 4th July 2020, 12:01 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

India absolutely bombed, that was possibly one of the worst of all time? laugh.gif I know there's a good few of those but there was absolutely nothing, she was trying to put stuff in but nothing landed even remotely and it just made it even worse. It was really awkward to watch.

Cracker I don't think was TERRIBLE, because she was funny with stuff like "what's my flavour? affogato" which was stupid but funny, however there was no Gaga to it and it is Snatch Game after all. She was just Cracker being kind of witty with some Gaga hallmarks, but that's not Snatch Game. Blair was kind of the opposite, she did a good Ellen but it wasn't really funny. Shea, Juju and Alexis all killed it in my eyes, Shea was just 100% on the whole time never breaking character and didn't let the jokes slide either, Juju was just hysterical as always and Alexis really made the most of it, she used the other two bombing to her advantage and didn't miss a beat. I think any of those 3 feasibly could have won.

BUT What kind of bullshit was that bottom 5? laugh.gif I think it blurs the track records as well so it's really trying to pushfor a shock. it couldn't have been clearer to have Shea win, Juju high and Alexis high/safe (deservedly high), with Blair safe/low and Cracker/India bottom 2. It was definitely India's time to go though being both the weakest overall and the weakest of this challenge. I think there was some truth in what she was saying as Alexis has been shady and kind of stirring a bit, but it was very convenient timing that she brings that card out when she is very clearly first on the chopping block. Plus I don't hate Alexis for doing that if she did do it, with the voting format being what it is, it's what the producers are trying to push. In saying that, if it was me I'd rather beat the best by competing with them, not sending them home. But it all makes good TV anyway!

Also, Shea's runway omg *.*

+Quote this post
Calum
post 4th July 2020, 12:17 PM
Post #6
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

Based on performance alone, yeah India's time was up and she deserved to go, but my GOD Alexis is a fucking awful person. Cannot stand her and she needs to be gone. You can just tell she's lying. Cretin.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 4th July 2020, 12:34 PM
Post #7
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

I completely disagree, I don't think Alexis is lying at all, why would she start a campaign and only try and rope one other person into it?! Three people still wouldn't have been enough to send Shea packing. And you really don't think the producers would have the footage ready to out Alexis if this HAD happened?

There's something very sly and underhand about India, it made for great TV, but I think she saw a convenient way to throw someone under the bus to advance. She did it to Mayhem last week, even though Mayhem was very gracious towards India and she was ready to send Alexis packing this week. I think she's cut throat and will burn any bridges to get to her goal and I don't believe her one bit.

LOVED the episode though, my favourite since Episode 1. Jujubee was my favourite and she is far and away my favourite of the series, every talking head is MAGIC. Vanjie is not a lip sync assassin, and that's that on that x

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 4th July 2020, 12:54 PM
Post #8
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

Yeah I also agree I don’t think Alexis is lying at all and is one of the most likeable queens to ever be on the show for me!

Alexis made me laugh a lot during her snatch game so was a shame she wasn’t at least safe sad.gif. India’s runway wasn’t prom at all to me, glad she’s gone as I don’t think I’ve liked anything shes worn this season really.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 4th July 2020, 12:56 PM
Post #9
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh

Also I found Jeffrey and Ru’s moment so so funny

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 4th July 2020, 12:58 PM
Post #10
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

QUOTE(George.keh @ Jul 4 2020, 01:56 PM) *
Also I found Jeffrey and Ru’s moment so so funny

I think you might be the only one ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 4th July 2020, 01:01 PM
Post #11
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh

It was silly fun. The show has become so serious and by the rules that when there’s a daft moment like that I love it.

Like Alexis popping the lid off her spray the other week

+Quote this post
Calum
post 4th July 2020, 01:04 PM
Post #12
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

QUOTE(RobBot @ Jul 4 2020, 01:34 PM) *
And you really don't think the producers would have the footage ready to out Alexis if this HAD happened?

Please. The producers (and Ru, etc) clearly think Alexis is amazing, so they wouldn't provide receipts either way.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 4th July 2020, 01:19 PM
Post #13
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh

I think the producers would rather there be the drama of showing the footage than them not showing it just because they? Like Alexis?

+Quote this post
p a v
post 4th July 2020, 01:36 PM
Post #14
Group icon

QUOTE(George.keh @ Jul 4 2020, 03:54 PM) *
Yeah I also agree I don’t think Alexis is lying at all and is one of the most likeable queens to ever be on the show for me!

Alexis made me laugh a lot during her snatch game so was a shame she wasn’t at least safe sad.gif. India’s runway wasn’t prom at all to me, glad she’s gone as I don’t think I’ve liked anything shes worn this season really.

You kind of forgot to mention how much you hate Cracker. Seems like a recurring theme for you x

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 4th July 2020, 02:03 PM
Post #15
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh

QUOTE(n @ Jul 4 2020, 02:36 PM) *
You kind of forgot to mention how much you hate Cracker. Seems like a recurring theme for you x

Um? Yeah I’m not a fan I definitely don’t hate her. She also hasn’t apologised for her old problematic comments which has always put me off her. I don’t get the correlation between what I posted and Cracker though if i’m honest :/

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 4th July 2020, 02:10 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

The episode was good. I dislike the twist that if you're not in the top, you're in the bottom. It messes up the track record of the queens. Jujubee's track record would've likely been so good otherwise - 1 win, 3 highs, 1 safe (so far). Tbh I'm still mad about there not being top 2 queens anymore as I think Jujubee would've been top 2 3 times already. sad.gif

I thought Shea/Juju were the best this week, with Alexis right behind them. Juju's runway look was my favourite - I loved the 80s inspired look and it screamed prom. She looked so stunning it it.

In regards to the Alexis drama, I believe Alexis. Otherwise they would've done to Alexis what happened to Raven when Raven said "I would never call you shit" to Tatianna *cue confessionals saying everything about Tatianna was shit this week*.

Cracker/India were the bottom 2 for me this week. Cracker was pretty one note and not funny (I didn't get Lady Gaga from her either). India... well I don't have to say anything really. Whilst Blair wasn't that great, she had some nice/funny moments and was definitely in an Ellen character. Her runway was better than Cracker's too.

I really hope Jujubee can get another win before the finale. This season of All Stars is the one that needs a tie between Shea and Jujubee imo. sob.gif

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 4th July 2020, 02:56 PM
Post #17
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

QUOTE(Klumzee @ Jul 4 2020, 01:58 PM) *
I think you might be the only one ohmy.gif

! (couldn't agree more)

This episode was so back-on-form though (not any thanks to the challenge mind...)

The drama! Alexis is playing the BEST game and I know it's not to everyone's taste but I absolutely love it. Shea was great and I do think she was the best objectively but Jujubee was by far and away my favourite - absolutely HYSTERICAL. That "white noise" comment - WHAT! Amazing. She was just like her too.

I genuinely really liked all of the Top 6 so I'm sad to see India go, but there's no reason for her to stay any longer. I cannot call who's going to go next!

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 4th July 2020, 03:47 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

I am expecting Blair might get the boot next week (preferably Alexis but I am convinced Ru will send her to the final).

And omg at all the drama this week drama.gif

As for the challenge, I wasn't familiar with half of the characters so I had a bit of hard time to keep up with laugh except Juju (she was the only one who genuinely made me laugh).

I loved Shea's runway, it was gorgeous wub.gif

And Ru can piss off with that twist...not fair.

Also Miss Vanjie as a lipsync assassin was a joke. Shea killed her just by serving us face!!! It was that easy.

+Quote this post
p a v
post 4th July 2020, 03:57 PM
Post #19
Group icon

QUOTE(George.keh @ Jul 4 2020, 05:03 PM) *
Um? Yeah I’m not a fan I definitely don’t hate her. She also hasn’t apologised for her old problematic comments which has always put me off her. I don’t get the correlation between what I posted and Cracker though if i’m honest :/

Because there isn't any. I just wanted to mention it given you seem to never fail to bring her Ongina comment up, weeks after that happened. And you did it again now :') Also she did apologise so I am really struggling to see what more you're expecting. I'm afraid she won't eliminate herself from the competition if it's that~

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 4th July 2020, 03:59 PM
Post #20
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh

QUOTE(n @ Jul 4 2020, 04:57 PM) *
Because there isn't any. I just wanted to mention it given you seem to never fail to bring her Ongina comment up, weeks after that happened. And you did it again now :') Also she did apologise so I am really struggling to see what more you're expecting. I'm afraid she won't eliminate herself from the competition if it's that~

So ur annoyed that I didn’t mention Cracker in my review of the week? Girl i’m confused

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 06:12 AM