BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)
If you have forgotten your password and a recovery email has not arrived, please click here to send us an email.

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jess Glynne - JESS, 26th April 2024
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
¡Mike Rotch!
post 29th April 2024, 02:26 PM
Post #61
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

QUOTE(k👠th @ 29th April 2024, 03:16 PM) *

Omg THIS!!!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post 29th April 2024, 03:31 PM
Post #62
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,008

She’s really making her remaining fans feel special laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Hassaan
post 29th April 2024, 03:39 PM
Post #63
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Pronouns: he/him
User: 22,168

I dunno, that sounds like she could have been joking?

Even if she was, I can understand it being interpreted otherwise if she's not known for having that kind of persona.

This post has been edited by Hassaan: 29th April 2024, 03:44 PM

+Quote this post
Jordanlee1402
post 29th April 2024, 04:10 PM
Post #64
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

Midweek #5!

Where was Rita Ora in the Monday midweeks for her third album? I think that might be a realistic expectation now of what this could manage.

+Quote this post
lewistgreen
post 29th April 2024, 04:31 PM
Post #65
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,585

Rita Ora was #3 with You & I on the Monday update with just under 5,000 sales

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 29th April 2024, 05:47 PM
Post #66
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Jess is guaranteed top 20 with the sales she has, it's more of a can she stay top 10 for the week.

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post 29th April 2024, 05:49 PM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,008

Coming for a 17-OUT. Her Liberation era!

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 29th April 2024, 07:10 PM
Post #68
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

I’m assuming all the sales from the signings and album launch shows which had to be pre-ordered have been added? Guess we’ll see as the week goes on, either way it’s tanked.

+Quote this post
My... Bratwurst!
post 29th April 2024, 09:22 PM
Post #69
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 122,344

Floppity Flop

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 30th April 2024, 09:58 PM
Post #70
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

Reduced to clear - £5.99 for both versions on iTunes, Webstore CD £5 x

+Quote this post
My... Bratwurst!
post 30th April 2024, 10:23 PM
Post #71
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 122,344

Reduced to clear!!!! rotf.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee1402
post 1st May 2024, 06:55 AM
Post #72
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

I’ve given this a listen on my way to work this morning.

Probably her weakest album for me. Her first two each offered something even besides the singles there were some album tracks on each that were decent enough but this is just very “mid” on the whole. Nothing really stood out it’s like a full album of faceless tracks but there’s no flow or theme between the tracks either and it doesn’t show off any progression. I’d probably give it a 4/10 at best.

I can definitely see why she got hits in her first two eras as some of those tracks were undeniably made for radio / playlists but this just doesn’t offer anything.

This post has been edited by Jordanlee: 1st May 2024, 07:10 AM

+Quote this post
Smint
post 1st May 2024, 09:12 AM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 124,514

QUOTE(No Sleeep @ 29th April 2024, 04:31 PM) *
She’s really making her remaining fans feel special laugh.gif

I would have thought as that as a joke - it's difficult to say without the guy who attended the signing giving context about how he felt about it. And I say that as not a fan.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 1st May 2024, 05:49 PM
Post #74
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll
User: 177

I actually feel very sorry for Jess and pretty disappointed in some members here.

My copy has just arrived but I’m so busy at work I won’t be able to listen until the weekend (I’ll also be getting Kelly Jones’ album that weekend so quite a bit to look forward to) and obviously it’s clear she isn’t the force she was and won’t be as successful as she has previously been.

But this thread is generally quite nasty. Considering how many get upset when there’s a slight criticism of their fave in the chart forum (and I will usually stick up for those people) it’s sad to see so many arrive here to revel in someone’s misfortune and downfall.

I know Jess has been difficult to like, I don’t think she’s quite that sharp when it comes to public relations and yes, she made a transphobic slur. It is worth noting that she apologised almost immediately for that and vowed to educate herself-unlike some artists such as Roisin Murphy who still had posters sticking up for her despite doubling down on her transphobia. I don’t think Jess is a bad person deep down but she gets talked about horrendously on here. I usually let it go and just ignore it but I’m having a very hard and stressful week and just felt I had to say something.

I imagine I’ll face some flippant remarks for saying so-I’m about as popular as Jess on here. It’s fine to not like an artist or their output but why go out of your way to make nasty comments? Some of the posters doing so always criticise posters for posting negatively about their faves. It’s amazing people can’t see themselves doing it.

So I guess, just try and be diplomatic. Some posters have done that very well here but others have not.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 1st May 2024, 07:36 PM
Post #75
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

Aside from the music being painfully bland, her attitude just stinks. She's proven many times to be a nasty individual with a sense of entitlement.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 1st May 2024, 07:45 PM
Post #76
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

QUOTE(k👠th @ 1st May 2024, 08:36 PM) *
Aside from the music being painfully bland, her attitude just stinks. She's proven many times to be a nasty individual with a sense of entitlement.

Oh I see, so that perception of her, someone you don’t know personally, gives people to right to behave as badly as you perceive her to?

Generally do better.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 1st May 2024, 08:05 PM
Post #77
Group icon
baddest of them all

QUOTE(T Boy @ 1st May 2024, 09:45 PM) *
Oh I see, so that perception of her, someone you don’t know personally, gives people to right to behave as badly as you perceive her to?

Generally do better.

I don't know her personally but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion about her. I watched her interviews, heard how she used the transphobic slur, her reaction to being denied into a restaurant for wearing a hoodie, all the stories from fans and industry people over the years about how obnoxious Jess is when interacting with them.

How exactly am I behaving badly? I'm shocked you're going to these lengths to defend someone like her.

+Quote this post
T Boy
post 1st May 2024, 08:25 PM
Post #78
Group icon
Radical Pink Troll

QUOTE(k👠th @ 1st May 2024, 09:05 PM) *
I don't know her personally but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion about her. I watched her interviews, heard how she used the transphobic slur, her reaction to being denied into a restaurant for wearing a hoodie, all the stories from fans and industry people over the years about how obnoxious Jess is when interacting with them.

How exactly am I behaving badly? I'm shocked you're going to these lengths to defend someone like her.

I never said you couldn’t have an opinion, I just said people don’t need to be nasty about it and revel in her flopping.

I’m not sure what your last comment means. Why should it be shocking that I stick up for someone whose music I like? Or indeed stick up for any victim of a general pile on? Are you trying to say that because you perceive her as an awful person, you’re assuming I’m an awful person for defending her.

I can see that any energy I put into trying to discuss this with you will be wasted.

+Quote this post
Hassaan
post 1st May 2024, 09:39 PM
Post #79
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 22,168

The transphobic slur and, to a lesser extent, the restaurant hoodie thing, didn't put her in a good light.

However, I don't think it'd be fair to condemn her for eternity because of it. It'd be a different matter if she still had a habit of it but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I think it's possible to say that without defending the person's actions.

This post has been edited by Hassaan: 1st May 2024, 09:40 PM

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 1st May 2024, 09:43 PM
Post #80
Group icon
baddest of them all

QUOTE(T Boy @ 1st May 2024, 10:25 PM) *
I never said you couldn’t have an opinion, I just said people don’t need to be nasty about it and revel in her flopping.

I’m not sure what your last comment means. Why should it be shocking that I stick up for someone whose music I like? Or indeed stick up for any victim of a general pile on? Are you trying to say that because you perceive her as an awful person, you’re assuming I’m an awful person for defending her.

I can see that any energy I put into trying to discuss this with you will be wasted.

Your first post to me was that I'm "behaving badly" and must "do better"...

I haven't revelled in how she is flopping (she's actually doing better than I expected) but I can't help but feel she brought it upon herself by being so unlikable

I don't know of anything Jess has done for the trans community since that podcast apart from in a recent interview claim the community were supposed to support her instead.

It's also come out that she stood up fans who were promised a photo at an album signing, only for Jess to ignore them while drinking with her mates.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd September 2024, 06:37 PM