BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> 👊 BUZZJACK 15TH ANNIVERSARY KO 🥊, 2012: Round 1 - closes 10pm 18/05
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post May 16 2021, 09:33 PM
Post #1
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

👊 BUZZJACK 15TH ANNIVERSARY KO 🥊

We may have just collectively got Mollie King BACK in the iTunes Top 40 but the fun doesn't stop there. We'll be celebrating the last 15 years of Buzzjack with a favourite pastime of the forum which is of course voting in polls. Taking inspiration from the successful format the Artist Forums have been using we'll be putting the biggest songs of the past 15 years head to head. Here's how it will work.

In theory, the year-end top 64 for each year will partake. However to avoid repeats the song will only be put in the first year it made the top 64, and the few positions below 64 are added to make up the difference. Any songs that made the top 64 of 2005 will likewise not be put in the 2006 round and not be a part of the game. The titles will be seeded by pitting the year-end #1 with the #64, and so on as would often happen in actual sport. Of course, year-end positions often don't correlate to BuzzJack tastes so we could very well see some tough match-ups even in the opening stage of the competition. In each round half of the competing songs will be kicked out until there is one standing. The top 4 of each year will go to the Grand Finale to determine the ultimate champion of the BuzzJack Boxing Ring.

To vote simply highlight your favourite of each pairing.

A new round will open every few days so make sure to get your votes in quickly.

2011: Final Results
First Draw:
17 v 21 | Example - Changed The Way You Kiss Me vs. Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris - We Found Love  
15 v 23 | Jennifer Lopez featuring Pitbull - On The Floor vs. Lady Gaga - The Edge Of Glory

Alternate Draws:
23 v 15 | Example - Changed The Way You Kiss Me vs. Lady Gaga - The Edge Of Glory 
19 v 19 | Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris - We Found Love vs. Jennifer Lopez featuring Pitbull - On The Floor 

Playoff:
23 v 15 | Example - Changed The Way You Kiss Me vs. Jennifer Lopez featuring Pitbull - On The Floor

Winner:
26 v 12 | Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris - We Found Love vs. Lady Gaga - The Edge Of Glory  

Congratulations to Rihanna who convincingly beat Lady Gaga to claim victory with 'We Found Love'. It was never in any doubt really the way she was thrashing the competition throughout. Meanwhile Example beats Jennifer Lopez to claim 3rd place. What is interesting though now with the alternate draws he'd have beat Lady Gaga and J-Lo would have tied with Rihanna.

Winner's journey:
R1: 30 v 04 | Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris - We Found Love vs. Wiz Khalifa - Black & Yellow  
R2: 35 v 05 | Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris - We Found Love  vs. Professor Green featuring Emeli Sande - Read All About It 
R3: 33 v 10 | Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris - We Found Love vs. Rihanna - S&M 
R4: 12 v 24 | Adele - Set Fire To The Rain vs. Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris - We Found Love
SF: 17 v 21 | Example - Changed The Way You Kiss Me vs. Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris - We Found Love  
Final: 26 v 12 | Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris - We Found Love vs. Lady Gaga - The Edge Of Glory 

Grand Finalists so far:
2006 1 Welcome To The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
2006 2 Maneater - Nelly Furtado
2006 3 Who Knew - Pink
2006 4 Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
2007 1 Umbrella - Rihanna featuring Jay-Z
2007 2 With Every Heartbeat - Robyn with Kleerup
2007 3 Say It Right - Nelly Furtado
2007 4 About You Now - Sugababes
2008 1 Coldplay - Viva La Vida
2008 2 Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire
2008 3 Killers - Human
2008 4 September - Cry For You
2009 1 Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
2009 2 Lady Gaga - Paparazzi
2009 3 Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone
2009 4 David Guetta featuring Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over
2010 1 Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina - Stereo Love
2010 2 Owl City - Fireflies
2010 3 Lady Gaga featuring Beyonce - Telephone
2010 4 Rihanna - Only Girl In The World
2011 1 Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris - We Found Love
2011 2 Lady Gaga - The Edge Of Glory
2011 3 Example - Changed The Way You Kiss Me
2011 4 Jennifer Lopez featuring Pitbull - On The Floor

Now we move on to 2012.

2012: Round 1  
Gotye featuring Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know vs. Ed Sheeran - Drunk
Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe vs. Jessie J featuring David Guetta - Laserlight 
Fun featuring Janelle Monae - We Are Young vs. Owl City featuring Carly Rae Jepsen - Good Time  
David Guetta featuring Sia - Titanium vs. Katy Perry - Wide Awake 
James Arthur - Impossible  vs. Drake featuring Rihanna - Take Care  
Psy - Gangnam Style vs. Calvin Harris featuring Ne Yo - Let's Go 
Nicki Minaj - Starships vs. One Direction - Little Things
Jessie J - Domino vs. Alyssa Reid featuring Jump Smokers - Alone Again  
Maroon 5 featuring Wiz Khalifa - Payphone  vs. Calvin Harris featuring Example - We'll Be Coming Back  
Flo Rida featuring Sia - Wild Ones vs. Nicki Minaj - Pound The Alarm 
Rihanna - Diamonds  vs. Emeli Sande - Read All About It, Pt. 3
Labrinth featuring Emeli Sande - Beneath Your Beautiful  vs. Gary Barlow and the Commonwealth Band - Sing  
Swedish House Mafia featuring John Martin - Don't You Worry Child vs. Avicii - Levels 
Emeli Sande - Next To Me vs. Katy Perry - Part Of Me  
Flo Rida - Whistle vs. Flo Rida - I Cry
Rudimental featuring John Newman - Feel The Love vs. Gabrielle Aplin - The Power Of Love  
Rizzle Kicks - Mama Do The Hump vs. Ne-Yo - Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself)
Alex Clare - Too Close vs. Rita Ora - How We Do (Party)
Florence & The Machine - Spectrum (Say My Name) vs. Justice Collective - He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother 
Adele - Skyfall vs. Calvin Harris featuring Florence Welch - Sweet Nothing 
The Script featuring will.i.am - Hall Of Fame vs. Jason Mraz - I Won't Give Up  
Robbie Williams - Candy vs. Azealia Banks featuring Lazy Jay - 212
Train - Drive By vs. Tulisa - Young  
DJ Fresh featuring Rita Ora - Hot Right Now vs. Sam & The Womp - Bom Bom  
Coldplay featuring Rihanna - Princess Of China  vs. Sean Paul - She Doesn't Mind 
Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together  vs. Little Mix - Wings 
Stooshe - Black Heart vs. will.i.am featuring Eva Simons - This Is Love    
Rita Ora featuring Tinie Tempah - R.I.P.  vs. Wiley featuring Ms D - Heatwave
Olly Murs featuring Flo Rida - Troublemaker  vs. Chris Brown - Don't Wake Me Up 
Jay Z & Kanye West - N****s In Paris  vs. Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
Rihanna - Where Have You Been vs. David Guetta featuring Nicki Minaj - Turn Me On 
Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven  vs. Cheryl - Call My Name

Previous threads / results:
2006: R1, R2, R3, R4, SF, Final
2007: R1, R2, R3, R4, SF, Final
2008: R1, R2, R3, R4, SF, Final
2009: R1, R2, R3, R4, SF, Final
2010: R1, R2, R3, R4, SF, Final
2011: R1, R2, R3, R4, Final

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
danG
post May 16 2021, 09:33 PM
Post #2
Member No.: 11,746
   No Gallery Pics

Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe vs. Jessie J featuring David Guetta - Laserlight
Fun featuring Janelle Monae - We Are Young vs. Owl City featuring Carly Rae Jepsen - Good Time
David Guetta featuring Sia - Titanium vs. Katy Perry - Wide Awake
James Arthur - Impossible vs. Drake featuring Rihanna - Take Care
Psy - Gangnam Style vs. Calvin Harris featuring Ne Yo - Let's Go
Nicki Minaj - Starships vs. One Direction - Little Things
Jessie J - Domino vs. Alyssa Reid featuring Jump Smokers - Alone Again
Maroon 5 featuring Wiz Khalifa - Payphone vs. Calvin Harris featuring Example - We'll Be Coming Back
Flo Rida featuring Sia - Wild Ones vs. Nicki Minaj - Pound The Alarm
Rihanna - Diamonds vs. Emeli Sande - Read All About It, Pt. 3
Labrinth featuring Emeli Sande - Beneath Your Beautiful vs. Gary Barlow and the Commonwealth Band - Sing
Swedish House Mafia featuring John Martin - Don't You Worry Child vs. Avicii - Levels [most brutal R1 pairing ever, well of course I have to vote Avicii but it's a big shame to have to vote against SHM who'd win just about every other pairing]
Emeli Sande - Next To Me vs. Katy Perry - Part Of Me
Flo Rida - Whistle vs. Flo Rida - I Cry
Rudimental featuring John Newman - Feel The Love vs. Gabrielle Aplin - The Power Of Love
Rizzle Kicks - Mama Do The Hump vs. Ne-Yo - Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself)
Alex Clare - Too Close vs. Rita Ora - How We Do (Party)
Florence & The Machine - Spectrum (Say My Name) vs. Justice Collective - He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother
Adele - Skyfall vs. Calvin Harris featuring Florence Welch - Sweet Nothing
The Script featuring will.i.am - Hall Of Fame vs. Jason Mraz - I Won't Give Up [ugh at one of these having to qualify to r2]
Train - Drive By vs. Tulisa - Young
DJ Fresh featuring Rita Ora - Hot Right Now vs. Sam & The Womp - Bom Bom
Coldplay featuring Rihanna - Princess Of China vs. Sean Paul - She Doesn't Mind
Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together vs. Little Mix - Wings
Stooshe - Black Heart vs. will.i.am featuring Eva Simons - This Is Love
Rita Ora featuring Tinie Tempah - R.I.P. vs. Wiley featuring Ms D - Heatwave
Olly Murs featuring Flo Rida - Troublemaker vs. Chris Brown - Don't Wake Me Up
Jay Z & Kanye West - N****s In Paris vs. Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
Rihanna - Where Have You Been vs. David Guetta featuring Nicki Minaj - Turn Me On
Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven vs. Cheryl - Call My Name

+Quote Post
Jade
post May 16 2021, 09:50 PM
Post #3
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Maroon 5 featuring Wiz Khalifa - Payphone vs. Calvin Harris featuring Example - We'll Be Coming Back
Labrinth featuring Emeli Sande - Beneath Your Beautiful vs. Gary Barlow and the Commonwealth Band - Sing
Swedish House Mafia featuring John Martin - Don't You Worry Child vs. Avicii - Levels
Rudimental featuring John Newman - Feel The Love vs. Gabrielle Aplin - The Power Of Love
Rizzle Kicks - Mama Do The Hump vs. Ne-Yo - Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself)
Florence & The Machine - Spectrum (Say My Name) vs. Justice Collective - He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother
The Script featuring will.i.am - Hall Of Fame vs. Jason Mraz - I Won't Give Up
Jay Z & Kanye West - N****s In Paris vs. Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
Rihanna - Where Have You Been vs. David Guetta featuring Nicki Minaj - Turn Me On

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post May 16 2021, 09:59 PM
Post #4
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Swedish House Mafia featuring John Martin - Don't You Worry Child vs. Avicii - Levels

+Quote Post
Rush
post May 16 2021, 10:01 PM
Post #5
wayback machine gif rescuer
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,564
   No Gallery Pics

Yay 'The Edge Of Glory' making 2nd place happy.gif (even if it kind of cheated itself there by luck of draw, in that both 'We Found Love' and 'Changed The Way You Kiss Me' beat it when paired against it tongue.gif)

Fun fact: out of 24 possible ranks of the 4 songs (assuming internal consistency), 20 were chosen by at least 1 person:

1 - Changed The Way You Kiss Me > On The Floor > The Edge Of Glory > We Found Love (Dobbo.)
1 - Changed The Way You Kiss Me > On The Floor > We Found Love > The Edge Of Glory (JackJones)
2 - Changed The Way You Kiss Me > The Edge Of Glory > On The Floor > We Found Love (Mango, Viper*)
1 - Changed The Way You Kiss Me > The Edge Of Glory > We Found Love > On The Floor (rio309)
3 - Changed The Way You Kiss Me > We Found Love > On The Floor > The Edge Of Glory (Dot Branning, Iz, Jason)
5 - Changed The Way You Kiss Me > We Found Love > The Edge Of Glory > On The Floor (Bré, Dircadirca, dutch22, WhoOdyssey, Mark223)
1 - On The Floor > Changed The Way You Kiss Me > The Edge Of Glory > We Found Love (coi)
1 - On The Floor > Changed The Way You Kiss Me > We Found Love > The Edge Of Glory (oof)
1 - On The Floor > The Edge Of Glory > We Found Love > Changed The Way You Kiss Me (Ultra's Version)
1 - On The Floor > We Found Love > The Edge Of Glory > Changed The Way You Kiss Me (Riser)
2 - The Edge Of Glory > Changed The Way You Kiss Me > On The Floor > We Found Love (Rush, JulianT)
1 - The Edge Of Glory > On The Floor > We Found Love > Changed The Way You Kiss Me (Jade)
3 - The Edge Of Glory > We Found Love > Changed The Way You Kiss Me > On The Floor (SevenSeize, n4yr, Eduardo)
4 - The Edge Of Glory > We Found Love > On The Floor > Changed The Way You Kiss Me (Tafty, ...ready for it, dandy*, Jester)
2 - We Found Love > Changed The Way You Kiss Me > On The Floor > The Edge Of Glory (RabbitFurCoat, detonate)
1 - We Found Love > Changed The Way You Kiss Me > The Edge Of Glory > On The Floor (garyfeld)
1 - We Found Love > On The Floor > Changed The Way You Kiss Me > The Edge Of Glory (dan::G)
3 - We Found Love > On The Floor > The Edge Of Glory > Changed The Way You Kiss Me (Lee_J11, xajnipi, Chapman)
2 - We Found Love > The Edge Of Glory > Changed The Way You Kiss Me > On The Floor (jimwatts, Chez Wombat)
2 - We Found Love > The Edge Of Glory > On The Floor > Changed The Way You Kiss Me (Bjork, West)

+Quote Post
Mangø
post May 16 2021, 10:09 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 151

Coldplay featuring Rihanna - Princess Of China vs. Sean Paul - She Doesn't Mind wub.gif

This is easily the strongest year so far, had some really tough decisions to make!

+Quote Post
n4yr
post May 16 2021, 10:13 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 14,964
   No Gallery Pics

+Quote Post
seven.
post May 16 2021, 10:31 PM
Post #8
i can only do one normal thing a day
Member No.: 14,428
   No Gallery Pics

+Quote Post
JulianT
post May 16 2021, 10:32 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 8,705

+Quote Post
Brer
post May 16 2021, 10:43 PM
Post #10
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 8,300

Jessie J - Domino vs. Alyssa Reid featuring Jump Smokers - Alone Again - (feelsbadman.png at voting for Jessie J but this is one of her more tolerable songs and I was never a fan at all of the Alyssa thing)
Flo Rida - Whistle vs. Flo Rida - I Cry - (is this our first round 1 self-cannibalisation? lol at the fact that one of these gets a free pass to round 2 cheeseblock.png)
Florence & The Machine - Spectrum (Say My Name) vs. Justice Collective - He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother - (should be unanimous, no doubt 3 or 4 trolls will prevent it as per x)
Adele - Skyfall vs. Calvin Harris featuring Florence Welch - Sweet Nothing - (oof this one is tough)
Robbie Williams - Candy vs. Azealia Banks featuring Lazy Jay - 212 - (but 'Candy' is great too and an iconic #1)
Jay Z & Kanye West - N****s In Paris vs. Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) - (praying for an upset here because this is one of my faves on the list vs.... not quite one of my least faves but certainly a very mediocre and overrated song)
Rihanna - Where Have You Been vs. David Guetta featuring Nicki Minaj - Turn Me On - (2 of the worst songs on the list, both felt unnecessary even at the time and I cannot imagine they have aged gracefully, thankfully not actually heard either of them for quite a while though)

+Quote Post
West
post May 16 2021, 10:45 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 8,054

+Quote Post
Rush
post May 16 2021, 10:45 PM
Post #12
wayback machine gif rescuer
Member No.: 18,564
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Bré @ May 17 2021, 08:43 AM) *
Flo Rida - Whistle vs. Flo Rida - I Cry - (is this our first round 1 self-cannibalisation? lol at the fact that one of these gets a free pass to round 2 cheeseblock.png)
There was 'Teenage Dream' vs. 'If We Ever Meet Again' in 2010 (as long as you count features, which I think is fair as Katy is a significant part of the song tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by Rush: May 16 2021, 10:55 PM

+Quote Post
Chapman
post May 16 2021, 10:52 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 648

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post May 16 2021, 11:09 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

I wasn't gonna vote but I'm bored;

+Quote Post
awardinary
post May 16 2021, 11:14 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 21,587
   No Gallery Pics

+Quote Post
Iz 🌟
post May 16 2021, 11:19 PM
Post #16
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 12,929
   No Gallery Pics

Jessie J - Domino vs. Alyssa Reid featuring Jump Smokers - Alone Again (ezy, destroy Jessie J now pls)
Emeli Sande - Next To Me vs. Katy Perry - Part Of Me (my god, I have to vote against Levels and then there's these two horrendous ones? ugh)

+Quote Post
Mack.
post May 16 2021, 11:22 PM
Post #17
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Psy - Gangnam Stylevs. Calvin Harris featuring Ne Yo - Let's Go

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post May 16 2021, 11:41 PM
Post #18
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Gotye featuring Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know vs. Ed Sheeran - Drunk I really liked the song Drunk at the time
Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe vs. Jessie J featuring David Guetta - Laserlight Laserlight is so cheesy - closest thing to 00s Clubland the 10s produced.
Swedish House Mafia featuring John Martin - Don't You Worry Child vs. Avicii - Levels both good songs though
DJ Fresh featuring Rita Ora - Hot Right Now vs. Sam & The Womp - Bom Bom I like both of these but went with the underdog track here
Coldplay featuring Rihanna - Princess Of China vs. Sean Paul - She Doesn't Mind these are both great went with the underdog track here

This post has been edited by sn👠ke: May 16 2021, 11:46 PM

+Quote Post
Eduardo
post May 16 2021, 11:57 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 5,804
   No Gallery Pics

+Quote Post
...ready for it
post May 17 2021, 12:32 AM
Post #20
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 1,454

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:59 PM